The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Cobra

A Fan Signing

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, Cobra said:

It's always interesting to read your assessment of things Prince. I didn't realise you were on the society board.

From your other posts it's clear you have zero faith and trust in the current DFC board.

I can't help wondering if the resentment on both sides (DFC and DFCSS) is total and insurmountable.

Do you think it's conceivable that DFC and DFCSS could start afresh PB and work together or has the trust been destroyed for good?

I was at the DFCSS AGM and there was comment made about an improving relationship with DFC board. This news was approved of by those who heard it and it commented that this was encouraging.

The Americans may be thinking that the leadership of DFCSS is the same as when they were negotiating the purchase of their majority shareholding. The people involved are different in the main and have been trying to find a worthwhile role for DFCSS. Part of that search has involved making suggestions, like trying to buy back Dens, and getting feedback from the board of DFC. In fairness there have been suggestions coming from the DFC board that DFCSS rejected but now that the shareholding situation and the A shares ownership seems to be settled, at least that's the way it appears to me, there really should be a much more constructive relationship.

The Americans hold all the cards, but despite that there has been an improvement in the relationship between the two bodies. 

For me this is a source of encouragement and it needs some support for both the Americans and DFCSS from the supporters to help find a way forward. I don't think there has ever been trust between the two organisations until now, so I am thinking that there will be a better working relationship between the two. 

• Like 3

Re BC's post (81), the Club's Shareholding EGM helped, I think, in the slowly improving relationship between DFC & D4L. Both parties now seem 'content', that D4L are happy with FPS (or DBPH) increasing their shareholding in ordinary shares & not pursuing the 'A' shares which have protective 'rights', while DFC are happy that D4L are not seeking to go back to 'ownership' of the Club. 

There's no great reason why both parties can't continue to improve their relationship....from my point of view the only thing that's outstanding is to overcome the factors that have seen the Club 'block' the nomination for the 'Fans Rep' position on the Club Board. I'd hope to see that resolved this year.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

3 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

As far as I'm aware Melville did put money in however he wasn't fully aware of the sh*t we were in and withdrew his support. Brannan painted himself as a diehard but isn't a supporter of the in nowadays. When talk crops up from time to time of our woes at both Admins there's a list of names that roll of the tongue of our supporters that excludes BB, for me he's at least as guilty as anyone else. When the sh*t hit the fan I wasn't aware of him getting his hands, or his reputation, dirty.

I'm no expert on the subject but my understanding is that the club was doing OK financially without having the playing budget they felt could sustain a promotion challenge but Brannan wanted to roll the dice and it was Melville's money that they decided to do that with after he made a commitment to fund 'x' amount every month. We then signed a few household (to Dee's anyway) names.

However, Melville's cash was pretty much tied up in his business interests (current events that have been going through the courts will reveal what they were and how convoluted it was/is) and when that hit a downturn he found himself suddenly a lot less wealthy that he thought he was.

From what I know he then continued to bankroll things for a short while, even during admin and stayed true to his word as best he could, whereas Brannan and co (with the exception of Harry Mc) headed for the hills, rather than stay and help dig the club out of the sh*t they'd basically encouraged them to get in on Melville's behalf. 

Appreciate there will be those who were closer to events who will know better than me.

• Like 1

Was hoping that the future actions of our fans might be discussed. 

26 minutes ago, BCram said:

And it also/mostly has been. That said it's sometimes difficult to frame our future without being mindful of our past.

Some good ideas here but it needs someone to step up and start something rather than just discussing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barkblue said:

I'm no expert on the subject but my understanding is that the club was doing OK financially without having the playing budget they felt could sustain a promotion challenge but Brannan wanted to roll the dice and it was Melville's money that they decided to do that with after he made a commitment to fund 'x' amount every month. We then signed a few household (to Dee's anyway) names.

However, Melville's cash was pretty much tied up in his business interests (current events that have been going through the courts will reveal what they were and how convoluted it was/is) and when that hit a downturn he found himself suddenly a lot less wealthy that he thought he was.

From what I know he then continued to bankroll things for a short while, even during admin and stayed true to his word as best he could, whereas Brannan and co (with the exception of Harry Mc) headed for the hills, rather than stay and help dig the club out of the sh*t they'd basically encouraged them to get in on Melville's behalf. 

Appreciate there will be those who were closer to events who will know better than me.

Very well put BB, that's more or less my understanding of events although, like you, I know there will be others with a more detailed knowledge of what actually went on. People like Melville and Billy Dodds, amongst others, are villified by the support but I can never forgive Bob B for heading for the hills instead of getting in the trenches like many others when we were in the sh*t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCram said:

Sorry BC.👍

• Like 1