The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Lovejoy

Ross Wallace.

Rate this topic

F**k ‘im. Is there an emoji for shrugging your shoulders in a ‘who gives a sh*t’ manner?

Did we really expect anything else?

We do seem to get guys fit for other clubs to watch and sign, even in bounce games. Guy signed for Hearts too after being at Dens?

Disappointing as he looks a good signing on paper but he is nearly 35. If his legs have gone he's not going to be much use on the wing.

I remember County signed the former Man Utd winger Chris Eagles and he was hopeless for them despite only being 31 at the time.

I'd rather we signed Gordon Wallace. Legs just as dodgy but more of a goal threat 😉

• Funny 2

42 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

We do seem to get guys fit for other clubs to watch and sign, even in bounce games. Guy signed for Hearts too after being at Dens?

He trained with St Mirren, before training with us. I’m sure Deewee, will confirm.😉

28 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Disappointing as he looks a good signing on paper but he is nearly 35. If his legs have gone he's not going to be much use on the wing.

I remember County signed the former Man Utd winger Chris Eagles and he was hopeless for them despite only being 31 at the time.

One of my mates who watches Wycombe regularly was saying that he looked good when against them but he wasn't actually playing a wing role, he was inside and spraying passes about.

I reckon he'll probably play more of that sort of role.

14 minutes ago, bp33 said:

He trained with St Mirren, before training with us. I’m sure Deewee, will confirm.😉

I think that ship's sailed mate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

One of my mates who watches Wycombe regularly was saying that he looked good when against them but he wasn't actually playing a wing role, he was inside and spraying passes about.

I reckon he'll probably play more of that sort of role.

Apparently that's where he mostly played for Fleetwood.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Chris eagles was hopeless when he played for man united. It wasn't an age thing with him it was more a just being absouletly sh**e thing. 

• Funny 2

14 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Chris eagles was hopeless when he played for man united. It wasn't an age thing with him it was more a just being absouletly sh**e thing. 

I'm pretty sure he was devastatingly effective while playing for Burnley and Bolton in the Championship, racking up goals and assists that Greg Stewart could only dream of at that level.

For some reason he was spent by his late 20s.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm pretty sure he was devastatingly effective while playing for Burnley and Bolton in the Championship, racking up goals and assists that Greg Stewart could only dream of at that level.

For some reason he was spent by his late 20s.

Couldn't cut it on a cold Tuesday in Dingwall though could he the hopeless c**t. 

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I did say last week that I'd been told he was superb in training, class act and wanted to come to Dens but we did very little to get him signed. Very disappointing if true.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I did say last week that I'd been told he was superb in training, class act and wanted to come to Dens but we did very little to get him signed. Very disappointing if true.

That really makes me wonder what the point was in us getting involved at all then - especially seeing as McPake was saying he was a great influence on training.

All very bizarre. Who'dathunkit?

Just now, barkblue said:

That really makes me wonder what the point was in us getting involved at all then - especially seeing as McPake was saying he was a great influence on training.

All very bizarre. Who'dathunkit?

Always found it very telling that McPake was very wary of saying we were interested in signing him, just said things like 'he's been great for morale' and 'he's given the whole place a lift' etc. Reckon we were only ever interested in helping him out, knowing we never had the budget to sign him. 

Could be that he knew the script but came in to train not only to get himself sharp, but also in the hope that something might happen to allow us to sign him. He is from Ardler after all, maybe wanted to be back living and playing in the city. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think that ship's sailed mate.

Wasn’t really taking the pish. I was told he definitely trained with ST Mirren before training with us. I would imagine that lack of budget stopped us signing him. I’m sure Deewee would confirm this, if he is who, I think he is.

19 minutes ago, bp33 said:

Wasn’t really taking the pish. I was told he definitely trained with ST Mirren before training with us. I would imagine that lack of budget stopped us signing him. I’m sure Deewee would confirm this, if he is who, I think he is.

I would suspect that it come down to the budget and his wage demands at the end of the day.

25 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I would suspect that it come down to the budget and his wage demands at the end of the day.

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, bp33 said:

Goodwin confirmed it on BBC