The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

Banned from Europe for two years! 😂

Interesting.

They'll win the appeal and acceot a watered-down fine and some form of transfer embargo. UEFA have gone after them and tried to show some teeth but i suspect their process will be shown to be flawed.

I think FFP is a bit of a joke. Why shouldn't the owners of Man City invest to get them to the top level? That's what Blackburn did under Jack Walker.

FFP seems to me intended to protect the old guard. Man Utd, Barca and Real don't need to worry about FFP because they're already at the top generating huge income.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cobra said:

I think FFP is a bit of a joke. Why shouldn't the owners of Man City invest to get them to the top level? That's what Blackburn did under Jack Walker.

FFP seems to me intended to protect the old guard. Man Utd, Barca and Real don't need to worry about FFP because they're already at the top generating huge income.

I think the point is that it's original stated intention was to stop clubs getting burnt. Teams like Liverpool, Valencia and AC Milan, Dortmund in the big leagues were saddled with debt and fell from being big competitors whilst in the mid tier top leagues (Greece and Turkey for example), there's been a huge number of cases of clubs spending their way into trouble by chasing continental success.

Had a similar system been introduced in Scotland many years ago, we may well be playing in our owned stadium and not encountered several of the charlatans that have passed through here.

Obviously that comes with favouring really huge commercial clubs and it was always a case of them having huge sway when drafting the laws but I do think there needed to be some measure taken to stop the self destructive cycle and we have seen that.

I reckon this could be the tip of the iceberg. Wouldn't be surprised to see City go nuclear and maybe leak some info which implicates other sides. Real Madrid and Barca are notorious for struggling to pay their players and even missing payments every season or so. An audit would be very interesting.

• Like 1