Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

The title  

53 members have voted

  1. 1. Would United bottling the title and the Dee becoming champions top the Doon Derby?



Recommended Posts

Ok I'm just having a bit of fun here. We all know what will almost certainly happen but what if...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An injury to Shankland would make it very, very interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deewee said:

An injury to Shankland would make it very, very interesting.

It feels like a pipedream but how many times have Dundee just needed to win a game to be home and dry and suddenly every game becomes a problem, and it's on to the next game with doubts building? 

2005 was my hardest experience as a Dee. The players and manager did everything they could but just couldn't stop the catastrophe unfolding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It feels like a pipedream but how many times have Dundee just needed to win a game to be home and dry and suddenly every game becomes a problem, and it's on to the next game with doubts building? 

2005 was my hardest experience as a Dee. The players and manager did everything they could but just couldn't stop the catastrophe unfolding.

I honestly think they are a one man team. Their entire style of play (quite rightly) is set up to get the ball up to him in and around the box. With Clark already injured, if something happens to Shankland they are relying on Sow, a man who has scored 11 goals in the last 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deewee said:

I honestly think they are a one man team. Their entire style of play (quite rightly) is set up to get the ball up to him in and around the box. With Clark already injured, if something happens to Shankland they are relying on Sow, a man who has scored 11 goals in the last 4 years.

Interesting to read your assessment as I don't really watch them.

The teams they had when got promoted in 2012 and 2014 played us off the park but they don't seem to have that quality at the moment.

From what you say it will certainly get interesting if their Plan A stops working in the next month or two.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Deewee said:

An injury to Shankland would make it very, very interesting.

They are 18 points clear, albeit with more games played. They will get over the line regardless; they may stumble over but they'll get there.

I'm more interested (slightly) in how they'll do in the top league without Shankland. They have been blowing lukewarm and cold all season but their rivals have been worse. I'm just happy to see reality hitting their fans as they are now beginning to realise they are nothing more than a reasonable side in a poor league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

They are 18 points clear, albeit with more games played. They will get over the line regardless; they may stumble over but they'll get there.

I'm more interested (slightly) in how they'll do in the top league without Shankland. They have been blowing lukewarm and cold all season but their rivals have been worse. I'm just happy to see reality hitting their fans as they are now beginning to realise they are nothing more than a reasonable side in a poor league.

You are right HK. They will surely win the league comfortably but it doesn't do any harm for us to toy with the idea of a historic collapse until they actually get that next win to restore belief.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

You are right HK. They will surely win the league comfortably but it doesn't do any harm for us to toy with the idea of a historic collapse until they actually get that next win to restore belief.

I'm enjoying their mini collapse as much as the next Dee, Cobra! I won't deny I did some quick calculation in my head when I saw their result last night!

You're up late mate - big match nerves keeping you awake?😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Deewee  you said elsewhere you played at a fairly high level. Out of curiosity what position did you play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least there's someone out there with this level of optimism.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's more like it.

We've come to terms with United winning the league so there is zero pressure and expectation. Might as well have a go and see what happens.

If anything could restore the Deefiant spirit on and off the park it's an unlikely late title charge this season.

How the hell did we come back from that 25-point penalty after losing half our squad? It went from impossible to inevitable when we decided to have a crack.

Even if United do get their act together as expected no team will want to face us in the play-offs if we're flying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sad thing in all this is that we are 20 points behind a bang average side, been saying it all season....criminal from us.

there next 3 games are interesting mind you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching their game last night they certainly didn't look like a team surging further ahead & wiping out all & sundry in front of them . And their Wonder Man Shankland was probably more noted night, for what he didn't do. Like probably everyone else, I believe they've got this division well sown up .... But I think their complacency (cockiness) might soon be starting to take a knock.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve thought it all season - they have had a momentum since the start norme from a settled team while rivals have floundered. Now they are being found out - one man team, some poor results . Reality starting to dawn . I agree with the sensible idea that they will get over the line. But as I said earlier in the season , a season of pain and misery awaits. Sides in this division are taking points off them - the sides in the premiership will blow them away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard one to vote for - I don’t think anything would ever surpass the doon derby in terms of beating them but .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cobra said:

@Deewee  you said elsewhere you played at a fairly high level. Out of curiosity what position did you play?

Striker I believe.🕵️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Deewee said:

I honestly think they are a one man team. Their entire style of play (quite rightly) is set up to get the ball up to him in and around the box. With Clark already injured, if something happens to Shankland they are relying on Sow, a man who has scored 11 goals in the last 4 years.

Rakish Bingham too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Rakish Bingham too.

😂😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.