Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Title

Cobra

The title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would United bottling the title and the Dee becoming champions top the Doon Derby?

That's more like it.

We've come to terms with United winning the league so there is zero pressure and expectation. Might as well have a go and see what happens.

If anything could restore the Deefiant spirit on and off the park it's an unlikely late title charge this season.

How the hell did we come back from that 25-point penalty after losing half our squad? It went from impossible to inevitable when we decided to have a crack.

Even if United do get their act together as expected no team will want to face us in the play-offs if we're flying.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Watching their game last night they certainly didn't look like a team surging further ahead & wiping out all & sundry in front of them . And their Wonder Man Shankland was probably more noted night, for what he didn't do. Like probably everyone else, I believe they've got this division well sown up .... But I think their complacency (cockiness) might soon be starting to take a knock.

I’ve thought it all season - they have had a momentum since the start norme from a settled team while rivals have floundered. Now they are being found out - one man team, some poor results . Reality starting to dawn . I agree with the sensible idea that they will get over the line. But as I said earlier in the season , a season of pain and misery awaits. Sides in this division are taking points off them - the sides in the premiership will blow them away

7 hours ago, Deewee said:

I honestly think they are a one man team. Their entire style of play (quite rightly) is set up to get the ball up to him in and around the box. With Clark already injured, if something happens to Shankland they are relying on Sow, a man who has scored 11 goals in the last 4 years.

Rakish Bingham too.

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Watching their game last night they certainly didn't look like a team surging further ahead & wiping out all & sundry in front of them . And their Wonder Man Shankland was probably more noted night, for what he didn't do. Like probably everyone else, I believe they've got this division well sown up .... But I think their complacency (cockiness) might soon be starting to take a knock.

They are a bang average team and Mr Sensible is right for us to be 21 points behind them is criminal. Alloa played the better football last night and with Shankland beginning to miss chances they are being exposed for what they are a very poor side in a league that is average at best. Even Seigriest, if that is the way you spell it, has not been great this season and he is their best player. Will they stumble? With this team there is a great possibility and you could almost smell the fear last night from manager down to the players. They are afraid, very much afraid. The bottom line is they ought to get it over the line, but teams are no longer scared of them and that is a big worry for them.

16 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

They are a bang average team and Mr Sensible is right for us to be 21 points behind them is criminal. Alloa played the better football last night and with Shankland beginning to miss chances they are being exposed for what they are a very poor side in a league that is average at best. Even Seigriest, if that is the way you spell it, has not been great this season and he is their best player. Will they stumble? With this team there is a great possibility and you could almost smell the fear last night from manager down to the players. They are afraid, very much afraid. The bottom line is they ought to get it over the line, but teams are no longer scared of them and that is a big worry for them.

Agree with almost everything iain but they will be champions no doubt about it as the point margin is too great and even if they did go on a serious slump  neither Inverness or ourselves are strong enough or consistent enough to claw back anything like the points needed to really worry them. Had there only been a 10 point margin then it might have been a different story because as you say United are less than bang average in fact they're sh**e 

Edited by Wackyjim

Adblock Detected