The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Cobra

Queens V Dundee

Rate this topic

Queens v Dundee  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen at Palmerston?

2. 2. Who should start if fit?

3. 3. Do you think the Dee are going to finish the season strongly?

Another huge game coming up for the Dee at Palmerston. Can we produce another excellent 90 minutes against a team who always cause us problems? If we're serious about promotion we really need to follow up the Partick game with a decent display and result.

Thoughts for next Saturday?

2-1 win for us. Hemmings double and dobbie for them

• Like 1

Hopefully we get a win doesn't need to be pretty or anything with the mood being a bit more positive dundee better not do what dundee do best 😝

• Like 1

With home games against the part time clubs coming after this, this is a really good chance to put a bit of a run together. 

Reckon we'll win.

• Like 1

We need The supply to Dobbie cut out and him closed down asap, he is deadly with sight of goal and seems to love scoring against us.

• Like 1

2-1 the Dee please 🙏

• Like 1

We rarely win down there. Can't see that changing with the current manager and squad, best we should be hoping for is a draw.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

As many have indicated it has not been a happy hunting ground for us in the past, however have a good feeling over this one, we played quite well against Partick with a back three that allowed our midfield further up the park in support of KH, get the feeling we might keep the 3-5-1-1 for next week and given the confidence that Berra brings to the back I think Dobbie will have less ball to influence, he may find himself marked by Byrne / Elliot higher up the park which will limit his chances.

Going for a bold 2-0 the Dee. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

We need The supply to Dobbie cut out and him closed down asap, he is deadly with sight of goal and seems to love scoring against us.

Absolutely....his opening goal at Dens was a great example of that. Ness foolishly tried to take the ball round Dobbie just outside the 'D' & Dobbie nicked the ball off Ness's toes when he was off balance....Dobbie then 'danced about' in front of 3 defenders until they left a wee gap & gave him sight of a couple of feet inside Hamilton's left post, and he just passed the ball through that gap, with Hamilton unsighted by the defenders. Simple, but top class striking.

I'd gone before he embarrassed Forster for that '9 second winner'....even before our equaliser before it, never been so cold (& bored) at a game before. 

• Like 2

Seems that QOS have the worst form in the league in  their last 6 games, and only accumulating 4 points. Why oh why do I get the fear when I read this..... we always love to give teams a little little in the dark.

Can we please get this monkey off our back and stop giving teams with poor records a helping hand please Dundee!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

comedy GIF

Pretty much sums Dumfries up. 

• Funny 1

I think anything less than 3pts is a disaster for us if we’re realistic about second place, we have to go at them from the start, I think we will and predict 3-1 for us 

• Like 1

They had better win I am going.

• Like 2

Mark Dobbie out of the game and we give ourselves a chance.

34 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Mark Dobbie out of the game and we give ourselves a chance.

Is that Stephens brother?

• Funny 8

5 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

comedy GIF

Pretty much sums Dumfries up. 

This is a decent town and a local club. There's nothing for you here!

2 hours ago, valleyboy said:

I think anything less than 3pts is a disaster for us if we’re realistic about second place, we have to go at them from the start, I think we will and predict 3-1 for us 

I’d go further and say we need 9 from the next 3 games. Queens Arbroath and Alloa. All winnable and would set us up nicely for a push for 2nd. 
Unfortunately we could also do with the dabs halting their slump and beating ICT this week.

We're three points off second with 39 points to play for. I'd describe dropped points next weekend as a setback rather than a disaster.

• Like 2

For me the biggest game of the season, win down at a difficult venue and it could be the catalyst to go on a run with very winnable games ahead....the fans just need a bit of hope to get right behind these set of players....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

For me the biggest game of the season, win down at a difficult venue and it could be the catalyst to go on a run with very winnable games ahead....the fans just need a bit of hope to get right behind these set of players....

Absolutely - we want a bit of hope and some pride in the team