Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee Derby Has Been Moved

TheDarkBlues

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Densparker said:

Because of all the games being changed I will seriously considering not buying a season ticket next season.

Gave mine up this season due to the number of games I missed last season out of sheer disgust at the incompetency on display at many levels in the club and also the number of rearranged fixtures I couldn’t make. Catch the odd game now but that’s it. 

Edited by Aberdee

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

To be fair this was very predictable before season even started.

Yup. A week before the season started it was put out that we'd be playing every Derby on a Friday night (although it wasn't put out officially). 

I've given up my ST and pick and chose games due to the shifts I work/the times I can get out and see my mates (the guys I drink with don't like football) but next season I can see me going back more often than not and a ST too. Sitting in the pub is great on a Saturday or Sunday but VAR has completely destroyed my enjoyment of football. I'm now going back to watching Dundee do that. 

4 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Disclaimer - not meaning the club don't give a f**k but the league and the TV companies.

The clubs are the league, and they sold out to the tv companies years ago, and the fans who come along to games are playing 2nd fiddle to tv. If fans gave up and stopped going to the games would the tv companies continue to pay to broadcast the games?

Pay £48:for two to watch a football derby that will be on tv or £33 to watch an ice hockey derby that wont be on tv. I have bought the latter but will I buy the former? At least we dont have VAR in Scotland so it aint all bad I suppose.

5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Genuinely surprised that there's fans who are genuinely surprised at this. There's been one Saturday derby out of the last 19.

Who's saying they're surprised? This was expected; games moved for TV are commonplace and it's been happening for years. 

7.05 on a Friday is the problem for me. I work out of town and Friday night is traditionally my chill out night after a week of driving and not a football night. I'm refusing point blank to change that and next season will reflect that refusal to change because for the first time in many years I won't be buying a season ticket. I know plenty others, and not only Dundee fans, that feel the same for miriad different reasons but in the main it's because of missing too many games due to TV switches.

TV is good value for a football fan, a season ticket is not.

7 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Yup. A week before the season started it was put out that we'd be playing every Derby on a Friday night (although it wasn't put out officially). 

I've given up my ST and pick and chose games due to the shifts I work/the times I can get out and see my mates (the guys I drink with don't like football) but next season I can see me going back more often than not and a ST too. Sitting in the pub is great on a Saturday or Sunday but VAR has completely destroyed my enjoyment of football. I'm now going back to watching Dundee do that. 

VAR has certainly destroyed football down south same way TV money, on a much smaller scale of course, is destroying football in Scotland. Fans are likely to lose interest in English football because as they quite rightly shout at the grounds 'it's not football any more'.

I admire that you're now going back to seeing Dundee but feel that won't last with you because enjoyment of football and Dundee FC don't go and haven't for years now.

Adblocker Detected