Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

United Are Sh**e

Watched a bit of their game tonight. They are a pretty poor and Shankland is their USP. Not a gripe as they are top on credit as any top of the league team is but how come they only raise their game v the Dees?

PS They are deffo kidding on their crowds....7600 tonight? The place looked empty apart from the Arkley St end.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I think most of us have been saying the same all season. To be fair, I don't think they are a poor side, but no more than a tad above average with a midas-touch striker - goals win games and Shankland is the only difference between them and the rest of us. I'd normally argue 1 player doesn't make such a massive difference but he does.

It pains me to say it, but when he leaves thet will get a hefty wedge and will be able to strengthen their whole team (and it needs a lot of strengthening) off the proceeds. They will do OK in the big league for a while. 

I know many of us have been wondering what might have been but I distinctly remember him/ his agent stating their was no way he was considering a move to us so that's a dead end.

21 points clear though! 

Watched the whole of the game. Caley ended the first half the better team, and started the second half on the front foot. Goals change games and Shankland's goal was a cracker in the way he made the opening for himself in spite of the attention of two defenders. One cannot legislate for skill like that. Caley should have equalised near the end through Tremarco. It was a good game with good football from both teams on a difficult pitch. Connolly had a great game for a player that is not highly rated. They are, however, an average team who have got a deadly striker, and that is the difference. They also know how to get the job done. Powers and Harked are two poor additions in my opinion.

It's usually the way in this division - the team with the better forward players do well whilst more balanced teams might be better to watch but are less successful. Examples are us when Greg and Kane were on fire, them with Shankland and even Dunfermline this season with Nesbit who are way above where they should be. We have a tepid Kane who receives no service so are struggling.

They had three seasons to learn that and they did, hope we learn it for next season and get a proper lethal attacking force in place to support Kane.

11 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

They are deffo kidding on their crowds....7600 tonight? The place looked empty apart from the Arkley St end.

Always do that with crowds. The knee cracker was empty too. If there were 7600 there, that Ground must hold 20 odd thousand 

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

It's usually the way in this division - the team with the better forward players do well whilst more balanced teams might be better to watch but are less successful. Examples are us when Greg and Kane were on fire, them with Shankland and even Dunfermline this season with Nesbit who are way above where they should be. We have a tepid Kane who receives no service so are struggling.

They had three seasons to learn that and they did, hope we learn it for next season and get a proper lethal attacking force in place to support Kane.

At the risk of being pedantic, it was Made and Peaso up front when we were promoted. Kane and Greg tore the top division apart between them. 👍

Just now, barkblue said:

At the risk of being pedantic, it was Made and Peaso up front when we were promoted. Kane and Greg tore the top division apart between them. 👍

That's not being pedantic that's spotting my deliberate error. it was deliberate, honest 😯

You're right of course but the point stands, we had two dangerous men up front in both seasons and it was creating and scoring goals that gave us success rather than just  keeping them out.

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

That's not being pedantic that's spotting my deliberate error. it was deliberate, honest 😯

You're right of course but the point stands, we had two dangerous men up front in both seasons and it was creating and scoring goals that gave us success rather than just  keeping them out.

And it was great to watch too.

Adblocker Detected