Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McPake

Cobra

The manager  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of McPake leading the Dee into the final quarter?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will the Dee win promotion this season?

• Yes
    • No

We had 92% wanting the manager sacked not that long ago but suddenly there is a bit of optimism around.

Thought it might be interesting to see if the manager has bought some time in the minds of the support.

This vote is private as we don't want folk being questioned over changing their view. We're allowed to change our mind/reappraise the manager.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

No for me Cobra and the majority of fans I would suspect, a capable manager would have us within 10 points of Utd and more competitive in our games. I still think we will finish 4th or 5th,  we won’t have enough momentum or the right mentality going into playoff games.  

1 minute ago, BigG said:

No for me Cobra and the majority of fans I would suspect, a capable manager would have us within 10 points of Utd and more competitive in our games. I still think we will finish 4th or 5th,  we won’t have enough momentum or the right mentality going into playoff games.  

I always like to read your opinion BigG. Can't disagree with much of what you say but personally I think we'd be as well seeing what McPake can do until the summer with this squad.

Relegation fears are fading fast so I'm not sure if there's any sense in a change before the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

It’s impossible to sack him after two fantastic results, but the reality is we are 21 points behind a bang average side....

He needs a really strong finish to the season.

The truth is that two thirds of the season have been appalling, poor signings, poor tactics and poor attitude.

His future hinges on getting into the play offs and how we perform in them.

The other big issue is if he’s kept on, the level of budget will be made available to him on poor season ticket sales, this seasons squad may be his strongest.

49 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

The truth is that two thirds of the season have been appalling, poor signings, poor tactics and poor attitude.

His future hinges on getting into the play offs and how we perform in them.

The other big issue is if he’s kept on, the level of budget will be made available to him on poor season ticket sales, this seasons squad may be his strongest.

Yes I totally agree, hence the reason he needs a very strong finish to the season to keep his job next term..

If the fans have some hope they will back the club/manager/players, the last two games have gave me that, plus I feel he knows himself personally that he has to do much much better..

I've been very critical of McPake all season and that's not changing because he's managed a few good performances and results recently. Fact remains that most of his performances and results this season have not been good enough.

We won't get promoted and I still feel he needs to be replaced for next season or we're likely to get more of the same.

We need a settled management team (I know that’s a tough ask in football) if we keep chopping and changing the way we have been in the past that then affects the guys on the pitch which then Gets at us when there not playing well and we get on there backs it’s a vicious circle that does nobody any good, let’s stick with him and see where he takes us........we are called supporters 😉

In favour because there is no point in changing manager now. I still believe we need someone else to take us forward next season.

We won't go up - even if we manage to get to the play-off final we won't be good enough to beat whichever top flight side we meet.

But after the last 2 results, relegation looks less likely, so it's not all bad.

Went very, very optimistically with promotion this season. I don't think we'll quite make it and it's probably a season too early for us but I'm loathe to dampen the current feel good factor. 

McPake has his critics but I'm definitely not in that camp. At Dunfermline on the opening day we went with a back 3 and we're ripped apart. We've replaced arguably our best defender for Christophe Berra and reverted back to a 3 and all of a sudden we look rock solid at the back with both of the much criticised Meekings and Forster playing some of their best football here. For me that suggests that most of our issues have been down to personnel and lack of confidence.  

23 minutes ago, Tisinthepark. said:

We need a settled management team (I know that’s a tough ask in football) if we keep chopping and changing the way we have been in the past that then affects the guys on the pitch which then Gets at us when there not playing well and we get on there backs it’s a vicious circle that does nobody any good, let’s stick with him and see where he takes us........we are called supporters 😉

100% we need a settled management team however a poor manager isn't going to become a good manager just because he's been in the same job for three or four years.

We really need to revisit who our manager is for next season and for the three or four seasons after that. Maybe McPake will stay for that time but as it stands right now, and only in my opinion, he's not the man to be our manager long term and to take the club forward.

Up until the recent Dunfermline game I was all for giving him time. After the Dunfermline horror show I lost my faith in him. That faith has been restored slightly with a few decent results. If that continues and we see some good performances and results between no and the end of the season and manage to get into the playoffs then let him have another crack at next season. 

I disagree that his signings are crap and that he can't get better. I would say the bulk of his signings are actually pretty decent and given he had to sign almost a whole new team his done really well on that front imo. Of course he can get better as this is his first full season managing the first team and I'm sure he has learnt a lot in that time. His January signings suggest that as he brought in players in positions that we all thought were needed.

Adblock Detected