Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Gambling

Cobra

Paul McGowan as we know had a big problem with gambling and I'm sure I'm not the only Dee who has had issues with it.

The good thing about gambling sites is they have controls which can be great for dealing with impulsive behaviour. Use those daily limits.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

There's a walk this weekend from Dens Park to the Balgay bar and back again. Organised by a group who do this at football grounds across the country to highlight mental health issues. It would be great to see as many Dee's as possible supporting this. I'm planning on heading along as it's something I'm particularly passionate about.

FB_IMG_1582450765665.jpg

Love a bet.....

But how easy is it to place a bet on any sport at anytime....

see guys putting on coupons at halftime cause there original one is beat....

if boys like an interest in a bet for low stakes, should try a bet builder on bet365.

couple of quid on say 3 players to be booked keeps interest going till end of the match.....unless as what normally happens to me one of the players goes off injured 😂

A good friend of mine worked for a big betting company and part of his job was to take "premium customers" to Vegas. He said he hated himself doing that job. I didn't really understand why but I get it now. Betting companies prey on people and it can ruin lives.

I only gamble what I'm comfortable with losing and believe that everyone who likes to bet should bear that rule in mind at all times.

For me it's probably no more than £5 on any individual bet and I rarely put more than £20 a month into my online Wullie Hull account. I'm currently on a 'bet up' type thing where I've put £5 on one 'banker' and then put the whole lot on the next 'banker'. In doing this I've discovered draw no bet where you get your stake back if the side you back to win draws - OK you get less odds but it reduces your risk significantly so that's to be expected. I'm sitting with £18.07 on Man United to beat Watford today, Man U odds are 4/7 and I've got 1/5 draw no bet. If it wins I'll find another 'banker' win and will put the whole £21.68 on that side with draw no bet.

Gambling can be fun and keeps you interested but for me when you start looking at multiple sites for better odds that will get you another 10p if your bet comes up and when you start lumping hundreds of pounds of your own money on a 'banker' you have a bit of a problem.

There is no such thing as a banker by the way, doing my bet up thing a few years back I was at around £650, put it all on a 'banker' at 5/1 and lost it (backed team drew); fortunately that only cost me £5 and it at least it was fun for a few weeks so no great loss.

The problem is that in this so called connected world its far too easy for glitzy online betting sites to encourage people to spend money they  can barely afford and that to me is borderline criminal. The fact you never use actual cash makes it feel like its not real money your spending and can be tempted to bet more than you should whereas 20 years ago if you wanted to take a punt you had to physically go to the bookies with cash and the thought of handing over a £100  on a long odds sometimes made you think twice about parting with your hard earned wages. 

Adblock Detected