Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Tickets - Innovative Ideas?

We know that the club started selling STs very early last season and the timing and pricing did not go down too well although we sold a respectable 3500 ish if I remember correctly?

so while there is still time maybe what can we come up with that may ease the financial strain yet promote sales? My early thoughts are that we ignore which league we will be in (as the club did last year!) as I don't think the prices should rise in any way given inflation was only 0.2% in December 2019, and wages are not rising much.

My suggestions for starters would be:

Interest free or low interest payment schemes for those who cannot pay all at once

Really cheap deals for kids especially if bought with an adult ticket

Maybe an enhanced price ticket that includes a programme, drink and a pie at each home game

A clear indication of a rebate if hospo is purchased during the season

Good savings on early bird tickets, at least 10%.

Any other suggestions? Maybe, just maybe we can influence the clubs thinking at a time where they seem to be listening a wee bit more?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

We need to attract the 18-23 year olds back to Dens, kids who have followed us for years can’t afford to go if they are on minimum wage and being asked to pay top prices....

I don’t think adding gimmicks such as a free cup of tea sells any if I’m honest, plus the early bird just helps more affluent fans with money in there pockets.

No easy answers but winning games on a regular basis definitely softens the blow of overpriced football.

Edited by Mr Sensible

Monthly direct debit scheme with a membership card that the person at the turnstile scans to let you in.

Start at £7/month which gets you 3 games loaded to your card for the season. You can then load more games to your card throughout the season at patg prices.

£10/month gets 5 games a season and again you can load more during season at patg prices.

£20/month gets 10 games

£30/month gets full season ticket benefits

£50/month family gets 2 adults and 2 under 16s

Not really priced that out properly but you get the jist. Makes it flexible & affordable and you could add various levels with different benefits like deetv, discount at club shop, free hospo day a season etc.

3 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Even the costs of setting up accounts for everyone and the IT involved in that wouldn't cost the earth. It's done everywhere from supermarkets to gyms so why not a football club?

So why have we not done it already? Would help avoid queues at ticket office as fans could print online purchases at home.

Unless ticket footfall in shop generates sales of merchandise?

4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

So why have we not done it already? Would help avoid queues at ticket office as fans could print online purchases at home.

Unless ticket footfall in shop generates sales of merchandise?

Good question and I don't know why not if I'm honest. Fear of moving away from traditional season books? Effort involved in moving to a different system? Maybe they don't see a need to move forward with this type of thing. 

I personally feel that in the modern world where everyone is used to paying monthly subs for things like Netflix, sky, Amazon prime etc football is getting left behind and it possibly excludes people who would like to buy season tickets but the thought of shelling out between £340-380 in one go (nearly a grand for a family of 4!) is enough to avoid it altogether and just pay at the gate. A monthly DD could auto renew every march or April and therefore more likely to get a more steady cash flow. 

I'd really like the monthly cost for a full adult season ticket to be about £15/month to get as many people through the gates every week as possible, but I get that will never happen. 

Anyone know exactly what others clubs do? maybe there's an already operating system that can handle up to 5k ST holders. much easier to adapt to something that is up and working than to invent a bespoke solution for Dens. Maybe this is something that DFCSS Dee4Life should finance for the benefit of all supporters?

1 hour ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Monthly direct debit scheme with a membership card that the person at the turnstile scans to let you in.

Start at £7/month which gets you 3 games loaded to your card for the season. You can then load more games to your card throughout the season at patg prices.

£10/month gets 5 games a season and again you can load more during season at patg prices.

£20/month gets 10 games

£30/month gets full season ticket benefits

£50/month family gets 2 adults and 2 under 16s

Not really priced that out properly but you get the jist. Makes it flexible & affordable and you could add various levels with different benefits like deetv, discount at club shop, free hospo day a season etc.

£7 a month gets you 3 games?😂😂 so you'd pay £84 to watch 3 games, that works out dearer than PATG for a Cat A game! 

37 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

£7 a month gets you 3 games?😂😂 so you'd pay £84 to watch 3 games, that works out dearer than PATG for a Cat A game! 

Correct. The more you commit per month the bigger the discount per game against patg prices and therefore the more games you get for your money. I also said that you could add other benefits like deetv to these packages to make them more attractive. 

As I said, I haven't priced it out properly just like the principle of this idea. 

Have you got any suggestions to revamp things? 

Edit to add that at £7/month people might be inclined to take the £10/month package and therefore more money for the club.

Edited by Dens Bound Rhino

Adblock Detected