Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Virus - 'Doomsday Scenario'

1 hour ago, BCram said:

Have been fretting about the no school for most kids and school for kids of essential workers decision. I understand that children are not likely to have such severe symptoms but they seem to me to be able to infect their parents. Is it really sensible to keep the children of essential workers together and then expect them not to pass on to their parents the bug? I understand the need for child care but is there an alternative?

And these essential workers take it into the NHS?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, BCram said:

Have been fretting about the no school for most kids and school for kids of essential workers decision. I understand that children are not likely to have such severe symptoms but they seem to me to be able to infect their parents. Is it really sensible to keep the children of essential workers together and then expect them not to pass on to their parents the bug? I understand the need for child care but is there an alternative?

Sister in law currently self isolating. Not been tested so merely precautionary but she's a school teacher with the children of doctors and nurses in her class...

Apparently the highly influential Dominic Cummings said "let OAPs die to save the economy". I think that helps explain the government's confused strategy.

Btw not making a political point about the Tories or government. I just find it quite interesting.

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Apparently the highly influential Dominic Cummings said "let OAPs die to save the economy". I think that helps explain the government's confused strategy.

Btw not making a political point about the Tories or government. I just find it quite interesting.

Being totally cynical it would maybe suit the government for an unknown virus to wipe out ageing pensioners to temporarily solve the ageing population/pension problems, the homeless to solve the lack of suitable accommodation problem and vulnerable/long term sick to save the seriously underfunded health service.

In no way whatsoever do I agree with any of the above but I'm convinced that there'll be people in privileged positions who do.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I find it disturbing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Being totally cynical it would maybe suit the government for an unknown virus to wipe out aging pensioners to temporarily solve the ageing population/pension problems, the homeless to solve the lack of suitable accommodation problem and vulnerable/long term sick to save the seriously underfunded health service.

In no way whatsoever do I agree with any of the above but I'm convinced that there'll be people in privileged positions who do.

Cummings is obviously a brilliant strategist. He made Brexit happen. He does though seem to be a bit of a sociopath. If you feel no compassion for others then you probably would see pensioners, homeless people and the disabled as a burden on the country that we could do without.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Cummings is obviously a brilliant strategist. He made Brexit happen. He does though seem to be a bit of a sociopath. If you feel no compassion for others then you probably would see pensioners, homeless people and the disabled as a burden on the country that we could do without.

Sociopath or psychopath, one of the two.

53 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Being totally cynical it would maybe suit the government for an unknown virus to wipe out aging pensioners to temporarily solve the ageing population/pension problems, the homeless to solve the lack of suitable accommodation problem and vulnerable/long term sick to save the seriously underfunded health service.

Even if you are cynical of any political parties, they know that nobody will vote for the party that let granny get killed. 

We're effectively killing the world economy to try and save the oldies, this will be costing the next few generations but what are the alternatives.

8 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Even if you are cynical of any political parties, they know that nobody will vote for the party that let granny get killed. 

We're effectively killing the world economy to try and save the oldies, this will be costing the next few generations but what are the alternatives.

That's a very good point. You can tell they're torn between two very different attitudes.

I think the report that said we were heading for 250,000 dead gave them quite a scare and forced a change in their mindset.

If you become known as the party responsible for killing that many Brits it would do irreparable damage to the Tory party.

Adblock Detected