Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Virus - 'Doomsday Scenario'

Can't believe the carry on over this. 600 people on average die from flu related illnesses in the UK every year, so far a 70yr old with underlying health issues has died in this country from the Corona virus. You can't get hand gel now for love nor money and people are using perfectly good vodka to make their own. Tesco's has ran out of bog roll and people are being told where and when they should sneeze if they feel the need. Face masks are selling for up to £50. 

Loada nonsense if you ask me.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 hours ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Wouldn't they just be able to play the games behind closed doors if the worst comes to the worst? Broadcast the games live on DeeTV for the remainder of the season, hopefully get back to attending games come the play-offs. Worst case scenario, but still doable.

The issue is when a player or family member of a player gets infected, everyone they have been in contact with is supposed to self-quarantine for 2 weeks. For sport, that probably means the entire team will need to be quarantined for 2 weeks, or certainly many of them. It's happened with the women's rugby team. It's the impact of all the self-quarantines that have caused the greatest disruption here, and probably will in Scotland too.

1 hour ago, ChinaDee said:

The issue is when a player or family member of a player gets infected, everyone they have been in contact with is supposed to self-quarantine for 2 weeks. For sport, that probably means the entire team will need to be quarantined for 2 weeks, or certainly many of them. It's happened with the women's rugby team. It's the impact of all the self-quarantines that have caused the greatest disruption here, and probably will in Scotland too.

In such a case then the club involved could request a postponement - I think this is already in place anyway. 

I don't see why we need to keep reinventing the wheel - use the rules already in place. 

1 hour ago, Wackyjim said:

Used to be the kids that got a "sneaky in" now it's the pensioners 😂

They’d be rocking up with fake ID’s. 
I’m never 70 yah wee sh**e, it’s the grief that comes with being a Dee fan that has aged me prematurely. 

Surprised that the age thing is the way it is. I remember being ill all the time when I first went to school. Caught every bug going and parents thought that it was good to get through these infectious diseases when young. Also thought that older people had more immunity to bugs than youngsters because they had been exposed to more of them.

I think that being able to trace causes of infection should not be solely the responsibility of the authorities. What is wrong with giving the names of those who have the disease. Surely friends and neighbours would know if they had been in contact in such a way that they might have been infected.

Dont understand why Big Brother knows their names and addresses and wants to be in charge of finding out who they might have contaminated.

Adblock Detected