Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

File Size Limit for Attachments - Too Small

WoodStein

Question

In the last week or so, I've tried to include a screenshot in a PM, and to include a screenshot of a photo in a new topic, but both times I was prevented, as the file size limit was just 145kb / 0.14mb.

Are we each limited by a cumulative total in a set period (eg, week or month), or has this limit changed/reduced recently? I don't post that many attachments, and they're usually around 400kb-700kb, either .png or .jpg files.

6 answers to this question

This subject was just raised in the General Chat / Things You Don't See Anymore topic, where a user was trying to post a photo & got a popup saying they were limited to 2mb.

I replied, with a screenshot showing the info at the foot of the "Reply to this topic" box when you click in it....I'm now down to 0.03mb (30kb), so close to impossible to add any files to a reply. Is there a way to get this re-set?

image.png.8894b0ecdfd09aba62ab7cc025e56f64.png

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
On 19/05/2020 at 13:32, WoodStein said:

This subject was just raised in the General Chat / Things You Don't See Anymore topic, where a user was trying to post a photo & got a popup saying they were limited to 2mb.

I replied, with a screenshot showing the info at the foot of the "Reply to this topic" box when you click in it....I'm now down to 0.03mb (30kb), so close to impossible to add any files to a reply. Is there a way to get this re-set?

image.png.8894b0ecdfd09aba62ab7cc025e56f64.png

The 2mb limit to uploading images is there for a couple of reasons. We have limited amount of space on the our servers and putting a limit on how large an image is is one way to keep the sizes down. There are many sites and apps (on your phone or desktop) that will allow you to optimize the file size of an image.

One of the best free websites to optimize an image first is TinyPNG: https://tinypng.com/

There are a couple of ways to get get around this. By either upgrading to Gold Membership, Removing some of the older images which you previously uploaded or upload to a free image sharing such as imgBB and then dragging the image into the post editor.

19 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The 2mb limit to uploading images is there for a couple of reasons. We have limited amount of space on the our servers and putting a limit on how large an image is is one way to keep the sizes down. There are many sites and apps (on your phone or desktop) that will allow you to optimize the file size of an image.

One of the best free websites to optimize an image first is TinyPNG: https://tinypng.com/

There are a couple of ways to get get around this. By either upgrading to Gold Membership, Removing some of the older images which you previously uploaded or upload to a free image sharing such as imgBB and then dragging the image into the post editor.

I'm a bit crap at this, especially if they ask you for your details but I'll have a look mate, cheers.

On 22/05/2020 at 19:21, TheDarkBlues said:

John, it wasn't me that was trying to upload the 2mb file.....my issue is I only have 20kb left as my limit.

Is there an 'easy' way to delete ALL of the attachments I've posted? I checked the 'My Attachments' menu, which shows pages of them way back to September 2015.....but no obvious way to delete them.

By posting this 14kb screenshot, that'll be me down to 6kb left as an upload limit!

image.png.157caff699a2f4792c1482cbba5d0a53.png 

Adblock Detected