Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
WoodStein

File Size Limit for Attachments - Too Small

Rate this question

Question

In the last week or so, I've tried to include a screenshot in a PM, and to include a screenshot of a photo in a new topic, but both times I was prevented, as the file size limit was just 145kb / 0.14mb.

Are we each limited by a cumulative total in a set period (eg, week or month), or has this limit changed/reduced recently? I don't post that many attachments, and they're usually around 400kb-700kb, either .png or .jpg files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

This subject was just raised in the General Chat / Things You Don't See Anymore topic, where a user was trying to post a photo & got a popup saying they were limited to 2mb.

I replied, with a screenshot showing the info at the foot of the "Reply to this topic" box when you click in it....I'm now down to 0.03mb (30kb), so close to impossible to add any files to a reply. Is there a way to get this re-set?

image.png.8894b0ecdfd09aba62ab7cc025e56f64.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 19/05/2020 at 13:32, WoodStein said:

This subject was just raised in the General Chat / Things You Don't See Anymore topic, where a user was trying to post a photo & got a popup saying they were limited to 2mb.

I replied, with a screenshot showing the info at the foot of the "Reply to this topic" box when you click in it....I'm now down to 0.03mb (30kb), so close to impossible to add any files to a reply. Is there a way to get this re-set?

image.png.8894b0ecdfd09aba62ab7cc025e56f64.png

The 2mb limit to uploading images is there for a couple of reasons. We have limited amount of space on the our servers and putting a limit on how large an image is is one way to keep the sizes down. There are many sites and apps (on your phone or desktop) that will allow you to optimize the file size of an image.

One of the best free websites to optimize an image first is TinyPNG: https://tinypng.com/

There are a couple of ways to get get around this. By either upgrading to Gold Membership, Removing some of the older images which you previously uploaded or upload to a free image sharing such as imgBB and then dragging the image into the post editor.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The 2mb limit to uploading images is there for a couple of reasons. We have limited amount of space on the our servers and putting a limit on how large an image is is one way to keep the sizes down. There are many sites and apps (on your phone or desktop) that will allow you to optimize the file size of an image.

One of the best free websites to optimize an image first is TinyPNG: https://tinypng.com/

There are a couple of ways to get get around this. By either upgrading to Gold Membership, Removing some of the older images which you previously uploaded or upload to a free image sharing such as imgBB and then dragging the image into the post editor.

I'm a bit crap at this, especially if they ask you for your details but I'll have a look mate, cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm a bit crap at this, especially if they ask you for your details but I'll have a look mate, cheers.

TinyImg is very easy, you just drag and drop the image, and save to your device. It is that simple, no other user input required.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

TinyImg is very easy, you just drag and drop the image, and save to your device. It is that simple, no other user input required.

Cheers bro. Hope you're not working yourself into the ground on these themes and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 22/05/2020 at 19:21, TheDarkBlues said:

The 2mb limit to uploading images is there for a couple of reasons. We have limited amount of space on the our servers and putting a limit on how large an image is is one way to keep the sizes down. There are many sites and apps (on your phone or desktop) that will allow you to optimize the file size of an image.

One of the best free websites to optimize an image first is TinyPNG: https://tinypng.com/

There are a couple of ways to get get around this. By either upgrading to Gold Membership, Removing some of the older images which you previously uploaded or upload to a free image sharing such as imgBB and then dragging the image into the post editor.

John, it wasn't me that was trying to upload the 2mb file.....my issue is I only have 20kb left as my limit.

Is there an 'easy' way to delete ALL of the attachments I've posted? I checked the 'My Attachments' menu, which shows pages of them way back to September 2015.....but no obvious way to delete them.

By posting this 14kb screenshot, that'll be me down to 6kb left as an upload limit!

 image.png.157caff699a2f4792c1482cbba5d0a53.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.