The Dark Blues

Cash Flow

Rate this topic

Hopefully the club has enough cash to ride out the virus times 

It’s possible a number of SPFL teams might go to the wall if no supporters are allowed at games

I think the football authorities should for the end of season allow fans in Scotland watch there teams on Tv live, but pay what they would have directly for it or we could see players choose to jump before there incomes plummet 

This could be a bigger fight than the Deefiant season

Lets hope not 

Long live The Dee !

GI Blue

• Like 5
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the actual f**k mate!?    Think about that statement for a minute would you! Im actually astonished. So f**k all the people with poor health, asthma, respiratory problems, all the peo

Honestly is this guy for real? Stinks of just trying to be controversial and edgy. Experts all over the world are telling us the measures we need to take but he quotes some unknown obscure source. 

Mate, can you get off this 'the article' high horse please? Do you not understand that people are becoming ill and are dying? Do numbers matter? Do comparisons with last year's winter flu matter?

Posted Images

8 hours ago, GiBlue said:

Hopefully the club has enough cash to ride out the virus times 

It’s possible a number of SPFL teams might go to the wall if no supporters are allowed at games

I think the football authorities should for the end of season allow fans in Scotland watch there teams on Tv live, but pay what they would have directly for it or we could see players choose to jump before there incomes plummet 

This could be a bigger fight than the Deefiant season

Lets hope not 

Long live The Dee !

GI Blue

Players at our level will be going nowhere. Where would they go? Everyone in Europe is in the same boat.

I’d imagine a professional football club would be insured against this?

1 hour ago, 19seventyone said:

Players at our level will be going nowhere. Where would they go? Everyone in Europe is in the same boat.

I’d imagine a professional football club would be insured against this?

From what I've read, the SPFL don't have insurance for this type of event but individual clubs might.  In the past, clubs were able to survive long winters but perhaps that was budgeted for and these days it's not common so not in budgets.  Regardless,  football clubs will not be the only organisations facing similar problems, and the population in general  may well do as well so one would imagine some measures will be taken.  

Who Knows?

• Like 1

I think its extremely concerning what’s happening, our club like many others are running at a massive financial loss, as the experts have been saying on the radio and tv, this is the worst case scenario when cash flow tap is turned off. The fans can obviously help buy purchasing an ST.

• Like 2

It's a massive over reaction to close football down and ban mass gatherings. You are much more likely to catch something at a smaller gathering with friends and or family. Or down the pub etc. Are they next? Public fatigue is already a danger.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, eyeothedug said:

It's a massive over reaction to close football down and ban mass gatherings. You are much more likely to catch something at a smaller gathering with friends and or family. Or down the pub etc. Are they next? Public fatigue is already a danger.

Not sure about that. Common sense suggests that the more people that you come into contact with the greater the chance of meeting someone who has the virus. Smaller, more intimate, gatherings might bring closer contact but lessen the risk of meeting someone who will pass it on. The government reckons 60% of the UK need to contract the virus to build up immunity so if you're in a group of 500 people that's potentially 300 people passing it on and 200 people contracting it. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Not sure about that. Common sense suggests that the more people that you come into contact with the greater the chance of meeting someone who has the virus. Smaller, more intimate, gathering might bring closer contact but lessen the risk of meeting someone who will pass it on. The government reckons 60% of the UK need to contract the virus to build up immunity so if you're in a group of 500 people that's potentially 300 people passing it on and 200 people contracting it. 

But in a mass gathering how many people do you interact with or get close to? Not many. The science says this too. In my life I have never ever caught any flu bug at a football game or concert. However I have caught many flu bugs through contact in pubs and smaller clubs. 

• Like 1
  • Wowzer 1
1 minute ago, eyeothedug said:

But in a mass gathering how many people do you interact with or get close to? Not many. The science says this too. In my life I have never ever caught any flu bug at a football game or concert. However I have caught many flu bugs through contact in pubs and smaller clubs. 

How do you know that?

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Eyeoftheepidemiologist

lol

• Funny 2
16 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

2 meters apart is the safe suggestion. I'm sure in a mass group you'll be within 2 meters of a hell of a lot of people especially if you're moving about.

13 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

I've only ever had flu twice and I've no idea where I caught it either time. Neither time was been during an epidemic and I wasn't in direct or even close contact with anyone that I knew had it either time. So for me if you're gonna get something you're gonna get it whether you're in a crowd of 5,000 or a group of 5.

As likely to get something on the bus to a game as you are at the game - but now I'll be on that bus longer as it'll go past the stop for Dens and I'll stay on into town so in fact I'm at greater risk (I think).

I'm an Engineer and know nothing of epidemiology; it certainly shows in this post 😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
18 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Because it is my life and I live it :)

And yet there's absolutely no way of knowing for certain where or when you contracted something like flu.

It may be your life and you may live it but unless you carry some sort of medical/lab kit around with you and test everywhere, everything and everyone you come into contact with and then analyse those results, you'll never know where or when you caught a 'bug'. 

It's exactly the sort of thinking you are describing that's making this current situation so difficult to control. 

My other half works in the elderly care sector and visitors are still DEMANDING to see sick, vulnerable, elderly relatives even after the qualified staff explain the risks to not just the visitor's relatives but then also every person they come into contact with, then every person their relative comes into contact with (including a lot more vulnerable individuals) and then every person that those who leave the building them come into contact with. You don't need to sneeze on them, cough on them or touch them, this virus lives on surface like door handles, worktops, tables, clothes etc, so eradicating it is virtually impossible no matter how much hand washing or disinfecting is done. Countries like Italy and Spain are proof that containment is virtually impossible once the 'genie is out of the bottle' and that rapid spread causes chaos.

And you could argue that even if you were correct regarding large gatherings, that actually sitting in a place like Dens is in reality a huge amount of small gatherings brought together. I may only stand in the queue with 10 people then in the loo with another 10 and then go up to my seat with another 2 or 3, then sit in the proximity of maybe 10 or 12 from the seats next to and behind and in front of me and then repeat all of that on the way out (crammed on the Coxy steps right next to 7 or 8 people) but then so does everyone else in attendance.

I'm not a scaremonger. I've been at work everyday this week, serving the public (including those coughing away and telling me they can't think straight because of their headache). I've been in shops, gone to the post office etc etc, so I'm not self isolating or hiding, or sitting at home in a panic, because we all have to live as best we can but big decisions like banning large gatherings are sensible because these events are NOT important in the grand scheme of things, so why would we take the risks if we don't have to?

I do appreciate that, in essence, the chances of stopping this virus doing what it will do are virtually zero but there are ways that we as a population can at least assist those who will have to try and care for the sick and, yes, dying, during this and simply being blasé and making, with all due respect, daft statements about it is not one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 3
28 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

2 meters apart is the safe suggestion. I'm sure in a mass group you'll be within 2 meters of a hell of a lot of people especially if you're moving about.

Yes a few but I don't think it's easy to transfer in those situations. And I read a scientific account of this somewhere. Would post if I could find it. Definitely more risk in smaller, closer gatherings, pubs and clubs. Dirty glasses, people drunk etc. In my experience too, as I have said I have never caught flu at a game or a large gig. But I have many times from pubs and clubs. 

Edited by eyeothedug
  • Like 1
  • Wowzer 1
28 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

I've only ever had flu twice and I've no idea where I caught it either time. Neither time was been during an epidemic and I wasn't in direct or even close contact with anyone that I knew had it either time. So for me if you're gonna get something you're gonna get it whether you're in a crowd of 5,000 or a group of 5.

As likely to get something on the bus to a game as you are at the game - but now I'll be on that bus longer as it'll go past the stop for Dens and I'll stay on into town so in fact I'm at greater risk (I think).

I'm an Engineer and know nothing of epidemiology; it certainly shows in this post 😂

Yes, agree, more likely to get it on the bus in an internal environment. 

• Like 1