Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The German Way

RossBFD

25 minutes ago, OCDee said:

Each team currently plays 34 games, finish it after this weekend and they'll all have played 26. 

Expand to 22 teams next season gives 42 games each and makes up the shortfall.

Ahhhh... Thanks. Very swift, forward thinking by them. No messing. Here, lot of anal behaviour, hand wringing, dominated by OF concerns. I mean, one up from Div 1 for so many years was a scandal. We should have sued the b*****ds! 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 hours ago, blueboy said:

Why they promoting 4 teams? 2 surely. 18 teams in Bundesliga. 

I guessed they maybe have a playoff of some sort, and deciding to promote the teams in those playoff places, as there's no other 'fair' way to decide.

If that happened here, I guess only Dunfermline would be seriously pi**ed off if the current top 4 were promoted.....though Arbroath & Morton are only 1 point behind Dunfermline.

If UEFA/FIFA delay Euro 2020 for a year, and the same with any other continents' tournaments, it's feasible for the current leagues to restart in May & play to a finish.....with just a short break & slight delay to next season, maybe League Cup pushed back, or cancelled for a season. All guesswork, several other possibilities exist.  

8 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Sorry is there any substance to this 16 team rumour? This isn't Germany! And I want to see Hearts suffer, maybe escaping the drop at the very last minute in case we have to play them. 

It's not even a rumour, just suggestions/speculation, based on the story about what the Bundesliga are reported to be considering.

But for some of us, it's a 'wishlist' item too.  :)  

I would think the best way to mitigate losses would be a complete restructure to get the proper clubs back at the top level.

Void this season then start from scratch going back to the structures that brought success in the 80s. A top league of 10 (best v best) and more money with the pile being divided by 2 less teams.

You pick the biggest clubs: Old Firm, Hearts, Hibs, Dees, United, Killie, Well and then maybe have a pre-season competition for the last 2 places since there would be arguments over who the other 2 teams should be. I don't think anyone can argue with the first 8. Maybe 4 teams in a knock out for the other two places: Falkirk, St Mirren, Partick, Dunfermline. I think every other team probably has less than 2000 fans? 

Then have a 14 team second division like the 80s with 39 games for extra cash for those teams. Go back to one up and 1 down to try and keep the biggest teams at top. It's no coincidence that since they brought the playoffs in that you end up with all these smaller teams (Hamilton, Livingston, St Johnstone, Inverness, Ross County) in the top division far more than they ever have been before. That isn't good for the game. 

If you look back at the war they did this by kicking teams like Arbroath out of the top division and putting Falkirk in there.

Let’s be clear about this, it will be decided by Celtic & Rangers the way forward!  When Rangers got demoted there was an opportunity to change the voting system but Aberdeen sided with Celtic and things stayed as normal.

2 hours ago, Irene Marot said:

I would think the best way to mitigate losses would be a complete restructure to get the proper clubs back at the top level.

Void this season then start from scratch going back to the structures that brought success in the 80s. A top league of 10 (best v best) and more money with the pile being divided by 2 less teams.

You pick the biggest clubs: Old Firm, Hearts, Hibs, Dees, United, Killie, Well and then maybe have a pre-season competition for the last 2 places since there would be arguments over who the other 2 teams should be. I don't think anyone can argue with the first 8. Maybe 4 teams in a knock out for the other two places: Falkirk, St Mirren, Partick, Dunfermline. I think every other team probably has less than 2000 fans? 

Then have a 14 team second division like the 80s with 39 games for extra cash for those teams. Go back to one up and 1 down to try and keep the biggest teams at top. It's no coincidence that since they brought the playoffs in that you end up with all these smaller teams (Hamilton, Livingston, St Johnstone, Inverness, Ross County) in the top division far more than they ever have been before. That isn't good for the game. 

If you look back at the war they did this by kicking teams like Arbroath out of the top division and putting Falkirk in there.

In the interests of sporting integrity I'd be dead against this. Clubs should win a place in their particular league on merit regardless of their fan base. Right now we're well positioned for inclusion in the top league under your suggested model but that might not always be the case. I'd be mightily pissed off if I were a Livi or Hamilton fan and my team were, points wise, safe in the league but found themselves demoted because their average crowd was less than Hearts.

Adblock Detected