Jump to content
The Dark Blues

All Games Off Till Further Notice

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It probably will be messy but I'll tell you what - the seethe from the dabs in the office since this announcement is fuvking spectacular. 😀

Personally ending the season now and denying the DAB's a promotion would be more than enough compensation for the lack of games. I'd laugh my cock off.

There are plenty of issues to consider, contractual & financial impact, etc. Most, if not all, of us were not around, but Football & the SFA/FA have dealt with & survived the chaos of two

2 minutes ago, Bobby Dee said:

An option will be to take us to a 16 team top div next year - 4 up no relegation 

Which 4 go up?.... What about those teams that are currently outwith the current top 4 they would have a valid argument that they could have qualified at the end of the season.... No right or wrong answer here other than its going to get very messy 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the right thing to do is wait until the crisis is over and play all the outstanding games. change end dates for contracts of employment so that they run in line with the actual end of the season. I'd also get UEFA to step in and tell all the leagues to behave this way so that there's a proper conclusion to this season's fixtures. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BCram said:

Think the right thing to do is wait until the crisis is over and play all the outstanding games. change end dates for contracts of employment so that they run in line with the actual end of the season. I'd also get UEFA to step in and tell all the leagues to behave this way so that there's a proper conclusion to this season's fixtures. 

That might sound ok in theory but logistically it's not feasible. UEFA have no legal basis for doing so. You've got players on PCA's and others that would be free to leave and sign elsewhere. You could easily have a situation where clubs can't field a team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Attilio said:

It probably will be messy but I'll tell you what - the seethe from the dabs in the office since this announcement is fuvking spectacular. 😀

Don’t tease us - give us a flavour

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS, just finishing 4 weeks offshore, Was looking forward to the game tomorrow and the Grand Prix on Sunday, will have no excuse now to be dragged kicking and screaming shopping.

😷😷

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Alexis said:

That might sound ok in theory but logistically it's not feasible. UEFA have no legal basis for doing so. You've got players on PCA's and others that would be free to leave and sign elsewhere. You could easily have a situation where clubs can't field a team. 

Yes there are problems but why can't people just accept that there will be a delay to their plans? School kids, students, everybody is going to lose something so why can't footballers suffer the in the same way? not disagreeing with you, just don't see why everyone couldn't put their heads together and work out a way to give full value to the ST holders who bought their tickets in good faith, and help to regenerate income from PATG supporters during the summer. There have been people banging on about summer football for years, here's a perfect excuse to have games on in the summer to test the water. Meaningful games at that where the outcome of the games really matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Don’t tease us - give us a flavour

I just happened to mention that this season would be like what happened between 5th and 14th October 1582. 'What happened between 5th and 14th October 1582?' I was asked. 'Nothing happened' I said 'because those dates NEVER EXISTED on the calendar'. Boys face was the colour of a tomato.

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If a solution has to come now then the only solution possible would be all null and void. I suspect that they will hang off for a while but if this prolongs  which it is looking like it will, then the SPL/SFL will have to bite the bullet but any solution will have to suit the twins of evil. Tricky one. Making presumptions about winners is fraught with danger because it’s all four leagues, not just the SPL.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t see any way the season will get finished.

Start again next August with no promotion or relegation. The seethe from across the road will be magic.

As I said in another post, all it takes is a few footballers to catch it then the whole squad goes into self isolation for a fortnight. When they finish this there are likely to be further cases as the virus will only be beginning to take hold of the wider population by then.

The only way the leagues are getting finished is if we play through the summer and delay the start of next season by a month or two. This will then impact on the Euros whether they get played this season or next.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 19seventyone said:

I can’t see any way the season will get finished.

Start again next August with no promotion or relegation. The seethe from across the road will be magic.

As I said in another post, all it takes is a few footballers to catch it then the whole squad goes into self isolation for a fortnight. When they finish this there are likely to be further cases as the virus will only be beginning to take hold of the wider population by then.

The only way the leagues are getting finished is if we play through the summer and delay the start of next season by a month or two. This will then impact on the Euros whether they get played this season or next.

 

Agree with the Euros fixture problem, that's why I had suggested that UEFA should be involved. I suspect that if we advocate "null & void" that just isn't going to happen. Who is going into Champions League etc. Why would a Scottish decision be applied to Germany Italy Spain etc and why would a German decision be applied to england Italy Spain etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Compared with the health concerns this pales into insignificance but I can contribute nothing to the health issues apart from personal care but on the Scottish Football front here goes with some blue sky thinking

Suspend until August.

Merge to create 3 Leagues the top 2 being of 16 being the existing Premier and top 4 in the Championship and so on merging the others and bringing in the top 2 non leage sides to form the new lower leagues

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.