Jump to content
The Dark Blues

Kids Season Tickets.

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Anyone clued up on this?. My young lass is 12yrs old. Went in for Season Tickets today buy the young guy behind the counter is claiming that because she'll be 13yrs old mid season that she'll have to pay £115 rather than £1. My argument is that she'll still be 12yrs old when the seasons due to kick off, she's not 13 until the end of 0ctober and there's no guarantee that she'll still want to go as she's becoming more independent. At £1 it's a no brainer but £115 is an affy jump. Walked away until we can get proper advice.

Anyone know the rules on this?.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah don’t want to kick the club, but I feel it is too big a jump and may put parents off taking them once they go to the higher price, would like to see a more gradual rise like maybe £50 then increm

That is correct, the higher price kicks in when they hit 12, however if they're still 11 when the season starts it's the U12 price. If you look at St Johnstone for example, they list their child ticke

One way or another she's going whether she likes it or not, £115 is just a wee bit tough to swallow.😁

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Anyone clued up on this?. My young lass is 12yrs old. Went in for Season Tickets today buy the young guy behind the counter is claiming that because she'll be 13yrs old mid season that she'll have to pay £115 rather than £1. My argument is that she'll still be 12yrs old when the season kicks off, she's not 13 until the end of 0ctober and there's no guarantee that she'll still want to go as she's becoming more independent. At £1 it's a no brainer but £115 is an affy jump. Walked away until we can get proper advice.

Anyone know the rules on this?.

Would imagine that as long as she is within the age bracket up to and including the start date of the season then she’d be classed as under 12 mate. Should be written into our terms and conditions which I cannot find. Found these from Southampton which clearly states what I mentioned above so I’d imagine most clubs will follow this. 
 

https://www.southamptonfc.com/tickets/season-ticket-terms-and-conditions

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Pretty sure DFC policy is if they turn 13 during the validity of the ticket it's the higher price.

 

That’s crazy, just checked a few other teams and they all state in their terms that it’s the age on the 31st of July 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prince Buster said:

Pretty sure DFC policy is if they turn 13 during the validity of the ticket it's the higher price.

 

Be interesting to see how they work this at the other end of the scale i.e. if you're 64 at the start of the season and turn 65 in March do you get OAP ticket?

Something tells me it'll be a big fat no to that one.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dblair said:

That’s crazy, just checked a few other teams and they all state in their terms that it’s the age on the 31st of July 

I might be wrong but I'm sure the same thing happened to me a few years back and I read up on it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prince Buster said:

Be interesting to see how they work this at the other end of the scale i.e. if you're 64 at the start of the season and turn 65 in March do you get OAP ticket?

Something tells me it'll be a big fat no to that one.

It has to be written in to our terms and conditions which should be available to all customers before purchase. Anyone got them? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Pretty sure DFC policy is if they turn 13 during the validity of the ticket it's the higher price.

 

It's a massive jump.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah had the same thing happen last season my young lass turned 13 in June and they said that she should really be the higher price, but common sense prevailed and they sensibly turned a blind eye.

 

 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Abernethy Dee said:

Yeah had the same thing happen last season my young lass turned 13 in June and they said that she should really be the higher price, but common sense prevailed and they sensibly turned a blind eye.

 

 
 

 

See that’s brilliant but it should be in black and white and not be left for someone to “turn a blind eye” to

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.