Rip Dave Souter

Rate this topic

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Dee in the high stand. RIP Dave Souter https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dave-souter/

Good player, always gave 100%. RIP

Remember John Prentice signing Dave and Jim Fraser at the same time. 

Decent players, did a good job. 

Didn't know Dave was from Dundee

Rip Dave

Seem to recall they were on the fringes. 

1 hour ago, deesforever1893 said:

Remember John Prentice signing Dave and Jim Fraser at the same time. 

Decent players, did a good job. 

Didn't know Dave was from Dundee

Rip Dave

Seem to recall they were on the fringes. But I was at the Hearts game so saw him play. Not that I remember much about the game except Donald Ford played for them. 

15 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Another Dee in the high stand.

RIP Dave Souter

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dave-souter/

I was at the 8-1 hammering we got from Celtic at Dens. Dave Souter was up against Jinky who was at his brilliant best. Poor Dave never knew if it was New Year or New York. 🙂

1 hour ago, Dandy McLean said:

I was at the 8-1 hammering we got from Celtic at Dens. Dave Souter was up against Jinky who was at his brilliant best. Poor Dave never knew if it was New Year or New York. 🙂

God yes, didn't know he played in that. Mind you Jinky was unplayable on his day. 

4 minutes ago, blueboy said:

God yes, didn't know he played in that. Mind you Jinky was unplayable on his day. 

He was to be fair. The only full back I remember coming closing to containing him was Jim Cameron of United.

Remember in the 8-1 game, as we kicked off yet again at about 6-0, Wallace looking over at the bench, & shrugging shoulders as if to say 'what can we do boss'? Well we scored, Duncan header at TC Keay end if I recall rightly... 

3 hours ago, blueboy said:

Remember in the 8-1 game, as we kicked off yet again at about 6-0, Wallace looking over at the bench, & shrugging shoulders as if to say 'what can we do boss'? Well we scored, Duncan header at TC Keay end if I recall rightly... 

We were a pretty decent team at that time but we got absolutely hammered.

On 15/03/2020 at 17:02, blueboy said:

Was it not 2-1 at HT?

2 minutes ago, Billy Pirie said:

Was it not 2-1 at HT?

2-0.  1-0 until the 44th minute.  I think me and the old man started to leave when the 6th went in and we heard the cheers for the 8th as we were descending the Dens Road/Provie steps.  Thats how I remember it anyway but could be complete bollacks being nearly 50 years ago.