The Dark Blues

Ending the Season

Rate this topic

Coronavirus crisis  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen if games can't be played?

• Accept all current positions as final
    • Make the season null and void

Assuming we can't get the games played, what would you like to see happen?

Let me know if you want other options added to the poll.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You finish the season... or you null n void it. Last thing you do is say certain positions will be honoured but some won’t. its farcical.

Whatever the DABS say .............f**k the lot of them

Agree with more of that League just can’t pick and choose what positions are honoured. 2nd bottom team dodging relegation play off spot for example, but bottom team being relegated. We

In fairness, I think we're all a wee bit biased. If the season is concluded and promotion and relegation is applied, I will be f**cking furious if we, ICT and Ayr don't get our fair shots at playoff promotion.

• Like 1

Well done fellow Dees - we need to stick together and form a united (spit, spit) front in such desperate times - Utd being given a free pass up I mean, not the Coronavirus!

• Funny 1

The whole thing is a mess ...

But focusing only on the Top Place (although it begrudges me to say this) were DFC  in United's position, I'd be totally choked with the unfairness of a situation, that made this season "null & void"   Although I don't see how they'll ever be able to play this season out, with extended season/extra games a week/ holidays curtailed/ players contracts etc .... I've no idea) ...

PLAYING THE GAMES OUT WOULD SEEM TO BE THE ONLY FAIREST WAY .... But as I say I don't think that could ever be possible

Easy decision and not because I'm a Dee and a DAB hater. Awarding any team a championship while it's still mathematically possible to be caught is a gross injustice the same goes for relegating a club at the other end. If this happens then it will will cause far more problems than it will solve.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 3

If I had a grand on the Dees to win the league and no more games were played I would expect my money back from the bookies. I was getting on a whole campaign, not four fifths of one or whatever. No horse wins the Grand National leading all the way with five fences still to jump. Anyone with a grand on United might be expecting to be paid out. It's a tough one for the bookies.

10 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

If I had a grand on the Dees to win the league and no more games were played I would expect my money back from the bookies. I was getting on a whole campaign, not four fifths of one or whatever. No horse wins the Grand National leading all the way with five fences still to jump. Anyone with a grand on United might be expecting to be paid out. It's a tough one for the bookies.

I'm more concerned about the effect this will have clubs and fans than the bookies or anyone stupid enough to give a bookie £1,000 against anything to do with Dundee FC to be honest. If a game is postponed or abandoned you get a refund of your stake because the bet is at 90 minutes. Pretty sure they'd have to apply the same philosophy to the abandonment of a season. If the league is 'awarded' then the same would have to apply as it hasn't reached its full conclusion.

The only fair thing is to hold off for now. If this goes to four weeks and there's no sign of a restart for me it has to be that an abandonment of the season is considered at that point. If it goes to six weeks I really think there will be no option but to abandon.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Cobra said:

Assuming we can't get the games played, what would you like to see happen?

Let me know if you want other options added to the poll.

Is shutting down Tannadice an option?.🤔

Shutting down the dump is always the preferred option not just because of the pandemic.

If the virus hits over the road then as per cleansing of infected Lego bricks burning may be the option.   ☺☺☺

One more option would be to stop and accept all current positions but then complete the playoffs in a short (2 week) block as soon as time allows. Still not completely fair but a bit more so than accepting current positions. 
If you stop now then 5 teams from 2nd to 6th in championship are all pissed off. At least with the above option then you keep 2nd to 4th happy. 
I think this is fairer but that could be due to our current position clouding my judgement!

I would think they will want it squared off before season 20/21 starts. Avoids messing with 2 seasons, just take the hit on this one. 

I don't like the idea of accepting positions as they are, plenty of potential for shake up in the relegation zones and promotion spots all up and down the country. It's hard to define a fair cut off point for a team being justified an award, especially when there are games in hand and 6 pointers to deal with.

For me, we suspend the league until a restart in late August (accounting for playing earlier is wishful thinking IMO) and then wrap up our fixtures in November and also run the planned competition for the 2020 league cup if we've got the time.

We then rearrange the winter window for a bit earlier and play a novelty half-season, returning us to normality the summer after.

Still not ideal and comes with logistical challenges but the football would be decided on the park and I think it's doable.

If we can't do that, I think the season has to be voided which would be really sh**e and lead to discontent but ultimately be far cleaner than the authorities having to wade in and make judgement. Consistent across the board and I think would be far easier legally to deal with. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I don't like the idea of accepting positions as they are, plenty of potential for shake up in the relegation zones and promotion spots all up and down the country. It's hard to define a fair cut off point for a team being justified an award, especially when there are games in hand and 6 pointers to deal with.

For me, we suspend the league until a restart in late August (accounting for playing earlier is wishful thinking IMO) and then wrap up our fixtures in November and also run the planned competition for the 2020 league cup if we've got the time.

We then rearrange the winter window for a bit earlier and play a novelty half-season, returning us to normality the summer after.

Still not ideal and comes with logistical challenges but the football would be decided on the park and I think it's doable.

If we can't do that, I think the season has to be voided which would be really sh**e and lead to discontent but ultimately be far cleaner than the authorities having to wade in and make judgement. Consistent across the board and I think would be far easier legally to deal with. 

As the situation with the virus develops it seems increasingly clear that a return to normal football is not going to be possible in a matter of weeks as first hoped.  It’s a complicated problem, promotion, relegation, play offs and maybe more importantly ensuring the survival of most clubs that are already under massive financial pressure. My personal choice would be to halt the season now awarding the titles to teams topping their respective tables, then promote the top four sides in the Championship and run next season in a sixteen club league. 
Extra clubs could be invited into lower leagues to balance the number of clubs.

• Like 2

Play 2 games per week until season completed.

Shorten close season

Start next season again with 2 games per week

Lengthen winter shutdown to include all leagues ( thinking of fans )

No cup replays, finish on the day played (for 1 season) 

Reduce pricing of season tsk and entry for all I know clubs will be taking a big hit (fancily )but so have the supporters who payed for season tsk

Yes, resume when we can. Voiding this season and ending now are both unacceptable. 

And that's what will happen, avoiding any moaning and legal threats.