Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Ending the Season

Rate this topic

Coronavirus crisis  

102 members have voted

  1. 1. What should happen if games can't be played?

    • Accept all current positions as final
    • Make the season null and void


Recommended Posts

Just now, Cobra said:

Of course you're right but there is apparently zero opposition in England to Liverpool being crowned champions and I suspect that'll open the door to Celtic being given the title as well.

Not a chance....

We live in country divided unfortunately 

If you think Rangers will roll over and allow Celtic to be crowned champions despite them actually not winning it is wishful thinking in the extreme.

Do United get the championship aswel?

Do they get promoted?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr Sensible said:

Not a chance....

We live in country divided unfortunately 

If you think Rangers will roll over and allow Celtic to be crowned champions despite them actually not winning it is wishful thinking in the extreme.

Do United get the championship aswel?

Do they get promoted?

I think the SPFL will sit on their hands over this for as long as possible and I think Rangers will put the authorities under intense pressure to not hand Celtic the title but ultimately I think we'll see Celtic and United given the trophies.

I would piss myself laughing if the season was voided but I just don't believe it'll happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

I think the SPFL will sit on their hands over this for as long as possible and I think Rangers will put the authorities under intense pressure to not hand Celtic the title but ultimately I think we'll see Celtic and United given the trophies.

I would piss myself laughing if the season was voided but I just don't believe it'll happen.

So Arabs get promoted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr Sensible said:

So Arabs get promoted?

Well Hearts are a big club and the SPFL will want them to stay up so I expect United and ICT to go up to make it a 14-league team for one season.

It's not what I think should happen. It's just what I think our pitiful leaders will come up with to resolve the situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cobra said:

Well Hearts are a big club and the SPFL will want them to stay up so I expect United and ICT to go up to make it a 14-league team for one season.

It's not what I think should happen. It's just what I think our pitiful leaders will come up with to resolve the situation.

The game is finished if that happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we count the league winners

but not the teams that finish bottom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Again I disagree...

They haven’t won a title...

So can’t just be “given it”

 

8 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Of course you're right but there is apparently zero opposition in England to Liverpool being crowned champions and I suspect that'll open the door to Celtic being given the title as well.

I'm with Mr. S on this one, they would be opening a can of worms by awarding to Ra Sellick. The The Rangers just won't accept it and will argue, I think rightly, that the SPFL do not have the authority to award the title without the season being completed especially since it's mathematically still possible for The The Rangers to win it.

English football's a different world to us, they don't have the bitter, religion based divisions between their top teams that Scotland has between the cheeks. The cheeks also run our game making it bigotry driven whilst England's game is run by TV making it business driven - our big bosses cannot make business decisions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

The game is finished if that happens

Well when you think about Aberdeen avoiding relegation in 2000 despite finishing bottom, Dundee replacing Rangers in the Club 12 season, that ridiculous 25 points penalty we were hit with and Gretna playing home games at Motherwell. Scottish football has a history of making it up as they go along. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness, Brora didn't have to worry about the consequences of promotion and relegation as much. Brora are definitely not just awarded promotion, and there is no relegation to a lower league. It's a much easier call for them to make than most other leagues.

Edited by rossbatchelor9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Well when you think about Aberdeen avoiding relegation in 2000 despite finishing bottom, Dundee replacing Rangers in the Club 12 season, that ridiculous 25 points penalty we were hit with and Gretna playing home games at Motherwell. Scottish football has a history of making it up as they go along. 

How can you count Celtics final position but not Hearts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

 

I'm with Mr. S on this one, they would be opening a can of worms by awarding to Ra Sellick. The The Rangers just won't accept it and will argue, I think rightly, that the SPFL do not have the authority to award the title without the season being completed especially since it's mathematically still possible for The The Rangers to win it.

English football's a different world to us, they don't have the bitter, religion based divisions between their top teams that Scotland has between the cheeks. The cheeks also run our game making it bigotry driven whilst England's game is run by TV making it business driven - our big bosses cannot make business decisions.

I think the SPFL have a massive problem in trying to pacify Rangers. I just can't see the season being voided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

How can you count Celtics final position but not Hearts?

How can Livingston be allowed to break the rules to stay in the division? We can argue about fairness and what's right and wrong but these guys can make a decision and that's the end of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aberdeen avoided relegation because Falkirk ground I think wasn’t up to the criteria of playing in SPL.

Dundee become club 12 because a team in SPL ceased to exists.

Think the rules were followed in these instances.

If your stance was relegating Hearts I could understand it, but you can’t have Celtics final position as valid but not Hearts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

How can Livingston be allowed to break the rules to stay in the division? We can argue about fairness and what's right and wrong but these guys can make a decision and that's the end of it.

Livi?

They might make a decision..

But expect Rangers to take them all the way in the courts.

Edited by Mr Sensible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

Aberdeen avoided relegation because Falkirk ground I think wasn’t up to the criteria of playing in SPL.

Dundee become club 12 because a team in SPL ceased to exists.

Think the rules were followed in these instances.

If your stance was relegating Hearts I could understand it, but you can’t have Celtics final position as valid but not Hearts.

Your point about Celtic and Hearts is valid. It would be crazy if Celtic are given the title and Hearts avoid the drop. I just have very low expectations when it comes to the SPFL.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.