Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ending the Season

Cobra

Coronavirus crisis  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen if games can't be played?

• Accept all current positions as final
    • Make the season null and void

Uefa supposed to be looking at playoffs to decide league champions and relegations to shorten number of games needed to finish season. Just one option. I think they will put a deadline for completing the season. If that deadline passes there will be another deadline where they will use playoffs to determine season. If that deadline passes they may null and void or award places as is. Both those final options are as bad as each other imo. 

Will hear more today as UEFA are meeting at some point today. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
On 16/03/2020 at 12:14, dblair said:

Wrong. 3rd and 4th under the league rules “deserve” to be in the play offs. Just like the 2nd place team. Unless there is something written into the rules and contingency plans of the league competition then they cannot just make it up as they go along. 

An absolute minefield....

But Dundee will have grounds for complaints if Inverness get promoted.

We are in a play off like them, nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blueboy said:

It's very simple. Pick up where we left off. Anything else is a nonsense. 

I disagree.

When do we pick up the season?

When the government declares the emergency over? What if one or more sides still have players down with it? 

When every club declares that they have no players affected by the virus? Any club that wanted to could stall in an attempt to force the SPFL's hand couldn't they?

Anything other than declaring the season void is nonsense and will cause absolute uproar.

IMO of course

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Just now, tommy the tap in king said:

Inverness may end up in administration during this period so will end up with a ten  point deduction under current league rules. Therefore we could end up going up automatically as well.

I hope they don't and if they did I cannot see them getting a point deduction.

I wouldn't want us to go up like that anyway.

• Like 1

I wonder if we will get a pre season before league resumes? This will be the longest lay off football has ever seen. During the close season the players get say a 2/3 week break away from training. At the moment it looks like 2/3 months before training will even resume. I know they will have training to do at home or whatever, but they will do that in the close season too. The players will need at least 3 or 4 weeks of pre season training and conditioning before being ready for competitive football again, ideally with a few friendlies thrown in too. Be difficult to get that in before restarting the league in say June as some people predict it will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

I disagree.

When the government declares the emergency over? 

Yes, when the SPFL says it's game on again. What's the rush to complete the season? Just don't get the clamour for a conclusion. It's not as if we're sure to start again in August anyway. 

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

I disagree.

When the government declares the emergency over? What if one or more sides still have players down with it? 

When every club declares that they have no players affected by the virus? Any club that wanted to could stall in an attempt to force the SPFL's hand couldn't they?

Anything other than declaring the season void is nonsense and will cause absolute uproar.

IMO of course

Pick up when the government say it is safe to do so, assuming that is at some point this summer. If we get to the end of the year and we are still not playing then there would need to be a rethink.

I'd say the only thing certain to cause absolute uproar is declaring season void.

41 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Pick up when the government say it is safe to do so, assuming that is at some point this summer.

Let's say that's May 20th.. Who plays? 

Most teams will have a vast amount of players either out of contract - or with a little over a week left of their deals. They're free to move.

Do they get to play for the new club in June as that's when their contract starts? 

Do they leave but can't play? 

Do they hold clubs to ransom to play on? 

It's far, far too complex if you go down that route. Write the season off, award United the title but they have to start next season here too. 

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected