The Dark Blues

Financial Fall-out

Rate this topic

Drogheda United have suspended all player and staff wages. More Irish clubs expected to follow. I wonder if we'll see something similar in Scotland in the weeks ahead.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah that's definitely an issue Beto, nobody is expecting anyone to spend money they don't have though. Those that can will and those that can won't. I've been lucky enough to be in a position where I

The way it was in admin and Deefiant. My issue now is that this current board never, and I mean never, communicate with us fans until it's time to buy season tickets. They've done this earlier an

As an incentive to tempt new season ticket buyers should the club offer to include the remainder of the games from this season?  This would make the season ticket better value for those buying it and

Hearts have asked all players and staff to take a 50% paycut.

Scottish football authorities are to share £1.5m of funding among clubs.

Elgin say they could go under in May.

Frightening times really fear for the future of a lot of clubs in Scotland. Even if they make it through this they are likely to be struggling for a number of years.

Be interesting to see if there's any support from our supporters that the club would think is helpful. Buying STs looks like the best way forward but it needs a clear decision that we will be playing in the Championship so that the player budget can be settled.

Apparently this money will be split 'according to Licensing Levels' and not equally.What does according to Licensing Levels mean?

21 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

We cant buy season tickets if everyone's work gets closed and we aren't getting any wages ourselves

Yeah that's definitely an issue Beto, nobody is expecting anyone to spend money they don't have though. Those that can will and those that can won't. I've been lucky enough to be in a position where I can help out this time but I'm not expecting that to always be the case. Other supporters will step up to the plate in ways that suits them. I think as a support we'll always rally round in times of need to do whatever we can to help the club, with nobody, imo, talking a superior position. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Star Post 2
3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

, with nobody, imo, talking a superior position. 

The way it was in admin and Deefiant.

My issue now is that this current board never, and I mean never, communicate with us fans until it's time to buy season tickets. They've done this earlier and earlier every season, it got ridiculously early this season (IMO) and now people that might be looking at personal issues in the near future are thinking about getting a season ticket for next season when we don't know when and if this one will end or when the next one will start. Let's be honest we don't even know if the club will exist when the next season starts.

Common sense says to be very cautious and thinking very hard before going out and spending £340 on a season ticket. All well and good if you know you can afford it but many will feel obliged to do it and really shouldn't.

Again all IMO.

If some admin type fund raising starts people can at least consider donating what they can afford without being tied to such a large outlay and without having to justify or be judged on what they do or don't put in.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 3

Last month I tried to book a table of 10 in hospo for the QOS game, the  guy at reception was helpful and passed on my email and phone number to the commercial department, they didn't get in touch and the money was eventually spent elsewhere. 

I know the £1,200 or so isn't a lot to the club but you would think they would have called to close the sale and get the cash in, especially given the losses we posted

No doubt I'll try again when the football is back......I know I will and it will be down to me to chase the club with my credit card and get them to process it.

• Sad 1
  • Wowzer 1
23 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

The way it was in admin and Deefiant.

My issue now is that this current board never, and I mean never, communicate with us fans until it's time to buy season tickets. They've done this earlier and earlier every season, it got ridiculously early this season (IMO) and now people that might be looking at personal issues in the near future are thinking about getting a season ticket for next season when we don't know when and if this one will end or when the next one will start. Let's be honest we don't even know if the club will exist when the next season starts.

Common sense says to be very cautious and thinking very hard before going out and spending £340 on a season ticket. All well and good if you know you can afford it but many will feel obliged to do it and really shouldn't.

Again all IMO.

If some admin type fund raising starts people can at least consider donating what they can afford without being tied to such a large outlay and without having to justify or be judged on what they do or don't put in.

I'll certainly not be judging anyone on whether they can or can't or will or won't, people need to just do what suits them and their family. If that means purchasing a ST, a Dee lottery ticket or whatever that's entirely up to the individual. Nobody is better than anyone else imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Harold Finch said:

Last month I tried to book a table of 10 in hospo for the QOS game, the  guy at reception was helpful and passed on my email and phone number to the commercial department, they didn't get in touch and the money was eventually spent elsewhere. 

I know the £1,200 or so isn't a lot to the club but you would think they would have called to close the sale and get the cash in, especially given the losses we posted

No doubt I'll try again when the football is back......I know I will and it will be down to me to chase the club with my credit card and get them to process it.

Shocking, heard this a few times. Negligence of a high order but who is responsible? Nelms ultimately. Keyes, if he reads this should be furious.

• Like 2

Head of German football says Bundesliga clubs are in danger as well as small clubs. Looks like this crisis might change football in a big way from top to bottom across the globe.

8 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

Not an unusual Dundee FC related experience unfortunately, same thing has happened to me

17 hours ago, dfcman said:

Apparently this money will be split 'according to Licensing Levels' and not equally.What does according to Licensing Levels mean?

Might be related to the safety/operating licences that limit capacity.....but irrespective, I suspect it'll end up with the biggest getting the most, and the smallest getting the crumbs off the table. Not how it should be.

• Like 1