The Dark Blues

Supporting the Club

Rate this topic

The 'cashflow' thread has naturally turned into a discussion about the virus in general rather than about ways in which we can help the club.

I note that Tommy Young said purchasing ST's etc will be a massive help for the club.

This is the perfect time, in my opinion, to start a crowd fund for the club. Can perhaps even be run by the forum? I noticed that there was a wee donation button added for the club recently on the website.

More importantly, Raith, a much smaller club than us, have raised almost £12,000 in 24 hours. Is this something we can look at? Even if it's not something official from the club - putting a call to arms out, I'm sure we could get about half of that within a few weeks. Not everyone can necessarily afford a ST so an option for people to just chuck in even a quid could go a long way.

The board might not put out a call for help like Raith have done, but considering the amount of money Tim Keyes has put in (Not going to get into the pros/cons of Nelms' running of the club) I reckon we should do what we can to help support the club in this time of zero  (Or very little) income.

Edited by Ludo*1
  • Like 2
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would love to see the supporters rallying around and providing a financial injection for the club. I'm afraid though, that many in the local community may be in much greater need than any footb

The 'cashflow' thread has naturally turned into a discussion about the virus in general rather than about ways in which we can help the club. I note that Tommy Young said purchasing ST's etc will

We suggested buying season tickets on here a couple of weeks ago, I will bump the thread up

I would love to see the supporters rallying around and providing a financial injection for the club.

I'm afraid though, that many in the local community may be in much greater need than any football club. In fact, it may be that the club might end up providing support to vulnerable Dundonians.

Abramovich at Chelsea seems to have offered the stadium hotel for the free use of medical professionals working in nearby hospitals. We don't have a hotel, but the owners have money and other resources. I hope and think they (and our neighbours across the road) will do the right thing by the city.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, andrak said:

I would love to see the supporters rallying around and providing a financial injection for the club.

I'm afraid though, that many in the local community may be in much greater need than any football club. In fact, it may be that the club might end up providing support to vulnerable Dundonians.

Abramovich at Chelsea seems to have offered the stadium hotel for the free use of medical professionals working in nearby hospitals. We don't have a hotel, but the owners have money and other resources. I hope and think they (and our neighbours across the road) will do the right thing by the city.

Well said.