The Dark Blues

Memorable DFC Videos

Rate this topic

Anyone fancy sharing a video? One at a time of anything DFC-related. Can be a great game, great goal or a funny moment.

I never tire of watching this. KT and Stewart. 😍

• Like 6
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone fancy sharing a video? One at a time of anything DFC-related. Can be a great game, great goal or a funny moment. I never tire of watching this. KT and Stewart. 😍  

A clip we've all seen countless times but it just makes me feel so f**cking good all these years later. I still remember that moment sitting behind the goal when it dropped into the net. I didn't real

Edit: BTW I don't post so frequently because I'm an attention-seeker (far from it). One reason is I live and breathe DFC and a second reason is I want there to be a buzz about the place (as Paul McSta

This game was a real classic. We all appreciated Caballero but watching those goals against a top Rangers team reminds you just how good he could be.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1
7 hours ago, Cobra said:

Anyone fancy sharing a video? One at a time of anything DFC-related. Can be a great game, great goal or a funny moment.

I never tire of watching this. KT and Stewart. 😍

KT set his stall out within the first 5 seconds of that game and bossed the midfield from that point. An immense performance from the player. I think we sometimes forget how good we could be that season.

• Like 3

El Bak was a frustrating player but he could hit a football beautifully at times.

• Like 1

We really were spoiled for entertainment this time 20 years ago. This rout of St Mirren was peak Bonetti. Pity we didn't have the consistency to match the quality.

• Like 1

This was some game at Dens. 3-3 against County. Stewart really was different class. How we didn't get second penalty at the end there I have no idea. Ridiculous decision.

• Like 2

I wanted to find some footage of Chic Charnley because I thought he was class for the Dee but no joy. Came across this though of Chic talking about his career. Sounds like he was getting smashed throughout his whole time in football. He gave up football for 18 months in his early 20s because he went "off the rails". Imagine being so good you can throw your talent away and still spend 20 years playing at a decent level.

Was pleasantly surprised that he mentioned scoring from the half-way line for Dundee. I was at Dens that night and it was sensational. I think it was for the reserves so very few folk actually saw it.

• Like 2

The 1980s was a strange time. We had outstanding players (far better than what we have now) but Jim McLean created a golden era across the street and it overshadowed everything we did unfortunately. Still, it's nice to look back on the highlights.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Let's be honest David Narey was a world class defender so the fact that he couldn't handle Keith Wright at times just highlights that we were playing at a very high level with quality players. Frustrating that we weren't on the same level as United and Aberdeen but we were still bloody good.

• Like 1

I'm marvelling at Weighorst four minutes into that last compilation. He destroys United's defence with a perfect pass and he doesn't need to look. He knows Ristic is making a run from deep and creates a chance out of nothing. You don't really see that kind of vision in modern Scottish football.

We were a basketcase for much of the 90s but it was still an enjoyable time to watch Dundee. I hated the relegation season in 1990 because we were murder to watch and couldn't buy a win but it was entertaining in the old First Division.

17 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Let's be honest David Narey was a world class defender so the fact that he couldn't handle Keith Wright at times just highlights that we were playing at a very high level with quality players. Frustrating that we weren't on the same level as United and Aberdeen but we were still bloody good.

It also highlights how underrated Keith Wright was back then  - and still is!

Just now, barkblue said:

It also highlights how underrated Keith Wright was back then  - and still is!

I think you're really the only guy on here who raves about Wright so I agree he probably is underrated. He didn't have Shaw's personality or Caniggia's flair but he was very effective. Brilliant in the air and he did an awful lot of hard work for the team that maybe went unnoticed.

It's curious how the fanbase worships some guys while other excellent players don't get the same praise and attention. I think some players just have a connection with the support. KT was tremendous for example but for some reason he seemed to be resented by some.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think you're really the only guy on here who raves about Wright so I agree he probably is underrated. He didn't have Shaw's personality or Caniggia's flair but he was very effective. Brilliant in the air and he did an awful lot of hard work for the team that maybe went unnoticed.

It's curious how the fanbase worships some guys while other excellent players don't get the same praise and attention. I think some players just have a connection with the support. KT was tremendous for example but for some reason he seemed to be resented by some.

I'm always baffled that folk rave about the excellent Tommy Coyne without raving about Wright, who created so many opportunities and so much space for his strike partner. He's idolised at Hibs after his League Cup Final goal and they loved his heart and soul approach - combined to his undoubted skills - there too.

As you say though, he wasn't a big personality, or a flashy player. But he stuck be the Dees when many wouldn't have and went on to do the same leg work for Billy Dodds in the 1st Division when he was WAY too good for that level.

Agree regarding KT. We saw him at the wrong end of his career so we didn't see him at his best but on his day for us he was imperious and it was good to see him in a dark blue shirt in my opinion. I think his Rangers connection taints some folk's views on him for some reason.

• Like 2