Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Supermarket Shelves

Cobra

14 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The people who are posting photos on Facebook of empty shelves are as bad as those emptying the shelves imo, all they're doing is fuelling the hysteria. It must be difficult for people with all the uncertainty around the virus knowing exactly how much they might need to stock up. For plenty of people too much will be better than not enough.

Fair point. The pictures of empty shelves are feeding the panic which leads to the bulk buying which in turn leads to more empty shelves.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Fair point. The pictures of empty shelves are feeding the panic which leads to the bulk buying which in turn leads to more empty shelves.

I was in Home Bargains on Wednesday morning and I felt like a bit of a misfit as I was the only person walking around without a multipack of big roll under my arm. My parents are in their 70's, I phoned earlier to see if they needed anything handed in. It turns out they've got 2 freezer's full of food. Looks like I'll be relying on them in times of need rather than the other way about.

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I was in Home Bargains on Wednesday morning and I felt like a bit of a misfit as I was the only person walking around without a multipack of big roll under my arm. My parents are in their 70's, I phoned earlier to see if they needed anything handed in. It turns out they've got 2 freezer's full of food. Looks like I'll be relying on them in times of need rather than the other way about.

Older people panicking and stocking up is understandable. What I really hate to see is people seeing an opportunity to buy up vast quantities of essentials to sell for an obscene profit on the black market. It seems to be happening a lot in the US. One guy was arrested today selling loo roll for $60 a roll.

20 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Older people panicking and stocking up is understandable. What I really hate to see is people seeing an opportunity to buy up vast quantities of essentials to sell for an obscene profit on the black market. It seems to be happening a lot in the US. One guy was arrested today selling loo roll for $60 a roll.

Have the yanks no' heard of newspaper & a pair of scissors?  :o  

• Funny 1

19 hours ago, Attilio said:

Going around Sainsburys the other day, I also noticed the near empty beer shelves along with no cereals,  no crisps and surprisingly, very little toothpaste.  These panic buyers might have a shyte diet but their gnashers will be sparkling white.

We don't need to do any panic buying btw as the missus has always has around a years supply of food between the larder, various fridges, chest freezer etc.  Over the years its something I've continually had a go at her about, and she now just looks smug and occasionally giving me the 'V'. Always has a supply of around a dozen tins of chopped tomatoes in the cupboard.  What a woman.

A year is seriously impressive, we have a full chest freezer and keep plenty scran in year round, it makes sense to me, you never know when something like the Corona or whatever will knock on your door. Its only really been fresh milk, fruit and veg we've needed and ready meals for my mum. I have 'panic bought' a bit more booze than we normally get though, I'll need that as the missus will be working from home so me and the dugs won't be getting our peace. 😒

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cobra said:

A shop in Dundee is selling bog roll labelled £1.99 for £5. People are saying they'll buy it if they're in desperate need but will boycott the shop once this is over.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected