Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Your Job

DeeMo

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, DeeMo said:

Anyones employment being affected by the virus ?

That is me been sent home for the foreseable future, maybe for good ๐Ÿ™

Do not know if I am getting paid or not. I hope and pray that I will get something. ๐Ÿคž

The corona virus can gtf. ๐Ÿ˜ก

My job's up in June. I've known for a while and have been searching but it's not been easy finding something suitable. My employer needs a months notice and those who've been lucky enough to find new employment have handed in their notice. Unfortunately, after the coronavirus hit, many of these new employers have looked again at their need for new employees as they contemplate scaling back and a fair few of my workmates are now left out on a limb because legally they've ended their contract where they were. I've luckily still got a wage coming in but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find something that'll secure my future after June. Not the worst position to be in but still very worrying.

6 hours ago, DeeMo said:

Anyones employment being affected by the virus ?

That is me been sent home for the foreseable future, maybe for good ๐Ÿ™

Do not know if I am getting paid or not. I hope and pray that I will get something. ๐Ÿคž

The corona virus can gtf. ๐Ÿ˜ก

Gutted to hear that mate. I know we don't see eye to eye on politics but I hate to hear about a good Dee suffering a setback like this. Hope things work out for you.

It's horrible when you feel the rug ripped from beneath you despite you doing nothing wrong but things will turn. I always remember something Martin Sheen said. He had a heart attack while filming Apocalypse Now and said he came to realise that life is a rollercoaster of ups and downs and it's best to just accept it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was meant to be offshore yesterday. Work in Norwegian sector so still at home as they haveย closed their borders. However talk about letting us โ€œforeignersโ€ in but weโ€™d have to then complete a 14 quarantine in a hotel before going to work. Talks with government to grant us special travel passes to bypass this ongoing.
ย 

Lots of changes happening over there including all offfshore rotations being scrapped until April 30th at least and everyone now being โ€œon scheduleโ€ they have also extended the max time you can stay offshore from 3 to 4 weeks.ย 
ย 

200 temporary lay offs within my company coming up too โ˜น๏ธ

Edited by dblair

17 hours ago, Cobra said:

Gutted to hear that mate. I know we don't see eye to eye on politics but I hate to hear about a good Dee suffering a setback like this. Hope things work out for you.

It's horrible when you feel the rug ripped from beneath you despite you doing nothing wrong but things will turn. I always remember something Martin Sheen said. He had a heart attack while filming Apocalypse Now and said he came to realise that life is a rollercoaster of ups and downs and it's best to just accept it.

Thanks for the kind words, means a lot.ย 

22 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

My job's up in June. I've known for a while and have been searching but it's not been easy finding something suitable. My employer needs a months notice and those who've been lucky enough to find new employment have handed in their notice. Unfortunately, after the coronavirus hit, many of these new employers have looked again at their need for new employees as they contemplate scaling back and a fair few of my workmates are now left out on a limb because legally they've ended their contract where they were. I've luckily still got a wage coming in but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find something that'll secure my future after June. Not the worst position to be in but still very worrying.

I wish you well mate

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dblair said:

I was meant to be offshore yesterday. Work in Norwegian sector so still at home as they haveย closed their borders. However talk about letting us โ€œforeignersโ€ in but weโ€™d have to then complete a 14 quarantine in a hotel before going to work. Talks with government to grant us special travel passes to bypass this ongoing.
ย 

Lots of changes happening over there including all offfshore rotations being scrapped until April 30th at least and everyone now being โ€œon scheduleโ€ they have also extended the max time you can stay offshore from 3 to 4 weeks.ย 
ย 

200 temporary lay offs within my company coming up too โ˜น๏ธ

Good luck

• Thanks 1

Adblock Detected