The Dark Blues

Which Dundee Player

Rate this topic

That you've watched in dark blue in your time as a Dee would make the biggest difference to our current team? Not necessarily the best player or your favourite player but the player who'd make us more successful as a team.

I'd go for Artero because he was unplayable at times and I think he'd make a hell of a difference to our attack.

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Caballero pre-injury would grace any Dee team within my lifetime. That guy was the real deal.

I had a mate who’s son was a dab ball boy...I know! He was behind the goal at  the allotment end during a derby when Keith and the cheat Hegarty got into a tangle on the deck. He said Hegarty drew his

Never forget John Duncans performance  at Ibrox in the 3-0 Cup match when the home end was deserted and the Ibrox main stand was rocking 'The Hibs are next to go' But despite that it would be Joc

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, dfcman said:

Morten Weighorst or Cammy Fraser cant decide which

Cammyy Fraser or Jim Steele. Both hard bar stewards who could play as well.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dandy McLean said:

Cammyy Fraser or Jim Steele. Both hard bar stewards who could play as well.

Jim Steele was my first thought, Cammy would do.

Truth is our midfield has been so piss weak there are too many that would be an improvement to name.

• Like 2

Never forget John Duncans performance  at Ibrox in the 3-0 Cup match when the home end was deserted and the Ibrox main stand was rocking 'The Hibs are next to go'

But despite that it would be Jocky for me between the two.I chose midfielders as they are more influential

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Jocky was blessed, on his day. My favourite Dundee player, he had a George Best quality. 

I never thought of that before but when he pulled his sleeve down into his clenched fist he was.

Anybody else remember seeing Bestie at Dens playing for Hibs.Was there not a streaker (male) at that match

22 minutes ago, dfcman said:

I never thought of that before but when he pulled his sleeve down into his clenched fist he was.

Anybody else remember seeing Bestie at Dens playing for Hibs.Was there not a streaker (male) at that match

Not sure Best turned up for the game at Dens(?) Pretty sure a hugeish crowd turned up to see him and he was still lying pished in Leith at kick off time.

The streaker was the 3-0 replay against Hibs in front of 30,000 plus fans.

Yes I think he defo played at Dens on a Wednesday night but not the 3-0 Cup Match.A league game with an average sort of crowd.The streaker might have been a different occasion from Bests visit to the Holy Ground not sure.

Speroni, if we had a Speroni quality keeper over the last few seasons we wouldn't be anywhere near the position we are in now.

James Grady for the team now and the rest of this season

14 minutes ago, dfcman said:

Yes I think he defo played at Dens on a Wednesday night but not the 3-0 Cup Match.A league game with an average sort of crowd.The streaker might have been a different occasion from Bests visit to the Holy Ground not sure.

He didn't play in the 3-0 game but that's when the streaker came on. That was years before he went to Hibs.

Seem to remember a Saturday game at Dens with a big crowd not long after he signed for Hibs that he was a no show for. Pretty sure I was there and there was massive disappointment all round when his name wasn't announced. 

He did appear in a charity match in a Dundee strip around 81 / 82, think that was the season after he played for Hibs. I wasn't there for that one.

I seem to remember him setting up McGhee to score the goal in a 1-0 victory for Hibs. The old memory’s not great but I think Bestie ran at our defence at the TC Keay end, dropped his left shoulder and our back four ran towards the stand enclosure. 😂