The Dark Blues

Two Dees From Different Eras

Rate this topic

Which two Dees from different periods do you think would have been fantastic together? I would have loved seeing Greg Stewart and Willie Falconer in the same Dundee team. Stewart had great accuracy with that wand of a left foot and Falconer was majestic in the air and quite clever player at making runs. That combination would have been a nightmare for defences.

• Like 2
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jim Duffy & Lee Wilkie.  

Adamczuk & Nemsadze. 

Which two Dees from different periods do you think would have been fantastic together? I would have loved seeing Greg Stewart and Willie Falconer in the same Dundee team. Stewart had great accuracy wi

Claudio Caniggia and Charlie Cooke.The two fastest most skilled ballplayers.When Cookie went to Chelsea they were amazed at his speed and skill and Canniggia a World Cup Star even after his best say no more.Or would they have cancelled each other out ?or would Billy Pirie and James Grady individually not in the same league but as a duo  have been a better combination.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Jim Duffy & Lee Wilkie.

Both great players but both would 'own'the penalty area,Duffy particularly,so could they have combined together.?

27 minutes ago, dfcman said:

Both great players but both would 'own'the penalty area,Duffy particularly,so could they have combined together.?

I think they would compliment each other, Wilkie's height and ability to get out of tight situations and Duffy's leadership and superb timing in the tackle. I think Duffy would've taken Wilkie to a new level.

36 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Greg Stewart and Harkins would have done alright in 62 team supplying Gillie and Cousin

Who would you drop though?

Jim Steele and John Brown,  Ian Ure and Jim Duffy, Cabby and  Pirie.  Gilzean  and anybody. Gordon Wallace and Hemmings. 

• Like 1

Jim Steele and John Brown, now you’re talking.  What a midfield pairing that would be. I’d love to see the likes of Scott Brown trying to bully these two. They’d boot him from a**ehole to breakfast time. Great footballers too mind you.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Dandy McLean said:

Jim Steele and John Brown, now you’re talking.  What a midfield pairing that would be. I’d love to see the likes of Scott Brown trying to bully these two. They’d boot him from a**ehole to breakfast time. Great footballers too mind you.

Scott Brown plays in an era where forceful tackling is pretty much outlawed but plays for a team where leniency is accepted as the norm. I can think of plenty players who'd put him on his a**e if he played in the 80's or before. 

• Like 2

This happened for real when Jocky rolled the ball to Pirie for a neat goal v Morton at Dens, Christmas Eve 1977. Ask me anything about Dundee in the 70s or 60s music, the rest, forget it!