The Dark Blues

Best Goal Scored Against Dundee

Rate this topic

We all feel sick when Dundee concede but have you ever thought "Christ that was a great goal"?

This one sticks in my mind.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thirs nae best goal against   DFC every ane wis dead lucky!!!!!!

Keigan Parkers overhead kick/ volley at the end of the season in the sunshine at somerset park a few years ago was a goal that everyone who saw it applauded...Dundee fans included.

I've vague memories of goals we've conceded because they were real sickeners, Dobbie's at Dens earlier this season springs to mind. Goals like that one are harder to forget, most of everything is else

I've vague memories of goals we've conceded because they were real sickeners, Dobbie's at Dens earlier this season springs to mind. Goals like that one are harder to forget, most of everything is else is pretty quickly forgotten. 

• Like 1

Thanks for replying Rev. I was thinking this might be the least popular thread ever!

I think Larsson scored some sublime goals against us at Parkhead but I was far too angry to appreciate them. I kicked a traffic cone after a 6-1 defeat there and broke my toe as I didn't realise it was full of sand. Thankfully I've chilled a bit with age.

• Funny 1

This guy Albertz was a machine.

Jocky built a competitive side but our performances against the Old Firm in 99/00 were dreadful. We didn't have a clue how to defend against them. Bonetti had the opposite problem. We turned up against the Old Firm but dropped a riduculous number of points the league's weakest teams.

Albertz immediately sprung to mind but like Rev I pretty much forget all goals against us to be honest.

This one wont be popular but Russell's goal against big Rab in a derby game at Tannadice, I don't think I have ever seen a ball hit so hard and Rab said as much years after that he simply didn't see it till it was past him.

A goal Hibs scored against us in one of our first live TV games sticks in my mind. Cox end, think it was an overhead kick. 
Think  it was David Zitelli 

• Like 1

I have a vague memory of a wonder strike from a Brechin player at Dens, I'm thinking in the 2005/6 season (?)

The main bit that sticks in my head was me and my mates giving it the 'who are ya' chant from the Derry as a sub came on for Brechin (in my defence we were young and had a bit of snobbery left over from the fairly recent Tayzurri years) and of course the player then stuck a worldy in the top corner.

My only concern is I can't find any evidence of this online and I'm beginning to worry it's one of them pub stories about us getting a custard pie in the puss for singing that, and it's perhaps grown arms and legs over the year - was probably a 2 yard tap in 😂

So to answer the question - if it exists the Brechin worldy, if not the Van Dijk free kick 😂

47 minutes ago, Potterson said:

I have a vague memory of a wonder strike from a Brechin player at Dens, I'm thinking in the 2005/6 season (?)

The main bit that sticks in my head was me and my mates giving it the 'who are ya' chant from the Derry as a sub came on for Brechin (in my defence we were young and had a bit of snobbery left over from the fairly recent Tayzurri years) and of course the player then stuck a worldy in the top corner.

My only concern is I can't find any evidence of this online and I'm beginning to worry it's one of them pub stories about us getting a custard pie in the puss for singing that, and it's perhaps grown arms and legs over the year - was probably a 2 yard tap in 😂

So to answer the question - if it exists the Brechin worldy, if not the Van Dijk free kick 😂

I can remember wee Prydie (Iain Pryde?) leading us a merry dance and Dens whilst playing for Brechin but I think that was a wee bit further back.

Edit-think this is the match you're thinking about:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/4898624.stm

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I can remember wee Prydie (Iain Pryde?) leading us a merry dance and Dens whilst playing for Brechin but I think that was a wee bit further back.

Edit-think this is the match you're thinking about:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/4898624.stm

Aaah could be. With the bit about him being subbed on probably added to the story after a few pints and then remembered as fact 😂

• Like 1

Did Gerry Britton no score a screamer in the cup against us iirc, just checked youtube yeah he did 

Edited by Souppie1893
Edit
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Souppie1893 said:

Did Gerry Britton no score a screamer in the cup against us iirc, just checked youtube yeah he did 

soccer volley GIF

:lol: