The Dark Blues

Michelin.

Rate this topic

Shutting down 3 months early due to tonight's announcement I believe. Lotta lads and lasses scrambling about looking for employment in an uncertain environment now. ☹️

• Sad 5
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shutting down 3 months early due to tonight's announcement I believe. Lotta lads and lasses scrambling about looking for employment in an uncertain environment now. ☹️

A sad day for another of Dundee's big industries, especially having to close in this manner. Best wishes to TDBs who have been working there, and the rest, hope you all find a good outcome, whether it

Early retirement for me

31 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

That’s the night shift sent home

• Sad 2
11 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Really sad mate. Feel for all those involved. My father in law worked there from the very beginning before taking medical retirement, he has some brilliant stories about the early days, what a great employer they were. 

Edited by dblair
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, mitch said:

Early retirement for me

Enjoy mate. Hope it goes well for you.

Sad to hear that it’s all over for the factory as an ex employee that worked there in the 80’s to mid 90’s. Rota 3 Millman>Finisher>Forklift>MAC4. Great days, good wages and absolutely no worries. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sad to hear that it’s all over for the factory as an ex employee that worked there in the 80’s to mid 90’s. Rota 3 Millman>Finisher>Forklift>MAC4. Great days, good wages and absolutely no worries. 

Not too sure what's going to happen as we've not had anything from the company bar being told to stay off next week which we knew before the lockdown. I was due in today but knew via Facebook that Mondays nightshift had been sent home and that the factory had been shut. Heard nothing from my manager so it's all up in the air just now. Due back after the Easter holidays but that's subject to the virus and government approval, for many people it's all over. Sad way for the factory to go down if it is indeed the end.

• Like 1
On 25/03/2020 at 18:45, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Not too sure what's going to happen as we've not had anything from the company bar being told to stay off next week which we knew before the lockdown. I was due in today but knew via Facebook that Mondays nightshift had been sent home and that the factory had been shut. Heard nothing from my manager so it's all up in the air just now. Due back after the Easter holidays but that's subject to the virus and government approval, for many people it's all over. Sad way for the factory to go down if it is indeed the end.

Looks like that’s it shut now..nobody’s to report back to work on the 13th april

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, mitch said:

Looks like that’s it shut now..nobody’s to report back to work on the 13th april

Yep that's it @mitch, sad day indeed. Met some good guys, including yourself, in my time there. Hopefully everything works out for everyone past & present.💙👍

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Yep that's it @mitch, sad day indeed. Met some good guys, including yourself, in my time there. Hopefully everything works out for everyone past & present.💙👍

👍..abody will still need to go in at some point for their exit medicals and to clear out the lockers 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Sad times indeed and especially under circumstances that have seen it end with a whimper. 

All the best to those affected and their families.

• Like 1

A sad day for another of Dundee's big industries, especially having to close in this manner. Best wishes to TDBs who have been working there, and the rest, hope you all find a good outcome, whether it's early retirement, or a new career.

• Like 4