Jump to content
The Dark Blues

Michelin.

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Shutting down 3 months early due to tonight's announcement I believe. Lotta lads and lasses scrambling about looking for employment in an uncertain environment now. ☹️

  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shutting down 3 months early due to tonight's announcement I believe. Lotta lads and lasses scrambling about looking for employment in an uncertain environment now. ☹️

A sad day for another of Dundee's big industries, especially having to close in this manner. Best wishes to TDBs who have been working there, and the rest, hope you all find a good outcome, whether it

Early retirement for me

31 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Shutting down 3 months early due to tonight's announcement I believe. Lotta lads and lasses scrambling about looking for employment in an uncertain environment now. ☹️

That’s the night shift sent home

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Shutting down 3 months early due to tonight's announcement I believe. Lotta lads and lasses scrambling about looking for employment in an uncertain environment now. ☹️

Really sad mate. Feel for all those involved. My father in law worked there from the very beginning before taking medical retirement, he has some brilliant stories about the early days, what a great employer they were. 

Edited by dblair
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mitch said:

Early retirement for me

Enjoy mate. Hope it goes well for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to hear that it’s all over for the factory as an ex employee that worked there in the 80’s to mid 90’s. Rota 3 Millman>Finisher>Forklift>MAC4. Great days, good wages and absolutely no worries. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sad to hear that it’s all over for the factory as an ex employee that worked there in the 80’s to mid 90’s. Rota 3 Millman>Finisher>Forklift>MAC4. Great days, good wages and absolutely no worries. 

Not too sure what's going to happen as we've not had anything from the company bar being told to stay off next week which we knew before the lockdown. I was due in today but knew via Facebook that Mondays nightshift had been sent home and that the factory had been shut. Heard nothing from my manager so it's all up in the air just now. Due back after the Easter holidays but that's subject to the virus and government approval, for many people it's all over. Sad way for the factory to go down if it is indeed the end.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2020 at 18:45, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Not too sure what's going to happen as we've not had anything from the company bar being told to stay off next week which we knew before the lockdown. I was due in today but knew via Facebook that Mondays nightshift had been sent home and that the factory had been shut. Heard nothing from my manager so it's all up in the air just now. Due back after the Easter holidays but that's subject to the virus and government approval, for many people it's all over. Sad way for the factory to go down if it is indeed the end.

Looks like that’s it shut now..nobody’s to report back to work on the 13th april

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mitch said:

Looks like that’s it shut now..nobody’s to report back to work on the 13th april

Yep that's it @mitch, sad day indeed. Met some good guys, including yourself, in my time there. Hopefully everything works out for everyone past & present.💙👍

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Yep that's it @mitch, sad day indeed. Met some good guys, including yourself, in my time there. Hopefully everything works out for everyone past & present.💙👍

👍..abody will still need to go in at some point for their exit medicals and to clear out the lockers 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Yep that's it @mitch, sad day indeed. Met some good guys, including yourself, in my time there. Hopefully everything works out for everyone past & present.💙👍

Sad times indeed and especially under circumstances that have seen it end with a whimper. 

All the best to those affected and their families.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A sad day for another of Dundee's big industries, especially having to close in this manner. Best wishes to TDBs who have been working there, and the rest, hope you all find a good outcome, whether it's early retirement, or a new career.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.