Simon Murray

Rate this topic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While Simon Murray is no world beater, he's a decent enough player, that he's never going to win some folk over says more about them than the man himself. 

AND TRIPLE

More effective then Nelson IMO.......

I thought I saw a numberplate that would likely be his outside Gussie a few months back.

My issue with him is that I get the impression that he'd be on a far bigger salary than he was worth. If he was coming in to be one of our attacking options and take turns on the bench or slotting into different roles, I'm sure he'd maybe get a few goals and play a part. He seems to have a good agent though and ends up with decent contracts a lot.

Personally, I thought him coming in displacing AJ was a big mistake. AJ wasn't possessed with athleticism but he was a clever enough player and his link up did seem to lead to chances and he scored a few good goal. For a big guy, Murray's hold up play was non existent which was really disappointing.

• Like 1

Murray's work rate might take some of the weight off of Hemmings shoulders as he seems to spend a lot of time chasing and harrying. Murray has to learn to pass the ball though.

• Like 1

It would be a so, so signing in my opinion.  However, what do I know.  I'd probably be moaning if we signed Lionel Messi because he doesn't track back enough.

£1.8m+ losses and no real income for the foreseeable, if Simon Murray is the best we can afford then we crack on and give him our best wishes imo. 

• Like 2