The Dark Blues

When Fitba Returns, Will We Be More Demanding, or Simply Glad To See It Back?

Rate this topic

As some of you know, I very rarely get to see DFC live ...

Nevertheless I have realised my whole week (especially weekend & sometimes midweek) DFC, through recorded & sometimes live, viewing/recorded games, as well as media reports,  comments, the forum stuff of course has been a total part of my life, bordering on excessiveness. However, now that I've got over the initial shock, I am slowly, but steadily, realising there is more to life than football ( Dundee FC) & maybe my life does not have to evolve totally, around all things like the the Dark Blues ... I can't believe, the work I have been putting in around home & garden since the Football has stopped. I am back to old, long forgotten pastimes & started  (or extended) new hobbies.... I think I'm getting a new zest for life, & it's definitely non-football stuff.

So how are others faring?

My real question though is ... When it all returns, will you be more demanding, or just grateful to finally get back to watching DFC?

In fairness to  DFC Players and Manager, after appearing to lose their way, they showed some real signs of getting it back together.

But should it fall apart again, will you start to question yourselves and start to think again. Do I really need to spend money on this?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am afraid that is the reality of the situation. The Old Firm will get their way and things will carry on as they are. You need an 11-1 vote to change the structure and you will never get that becaus

I'll be glad to see it back, although I wouldn't say I'm desperately missing it either. Like a previous poster my interest in Dundee peaks between 3 and 5pm on a Saturday, with the odd browse of

Given normal circumstances it would be ridiculous to have something that has been part of your life for over 60 years taken away and not feel the loss. In the current scheme of things football should

Miss Dundee terribly. I have been watching old games on Dee TV, some great stuff on there. Watched the cup game with United tonight, it’s free for all. 

Not missing the football at all and the enforced break is just confirming how small a part of my life football actually is.

I really think that when it starts again I'll have other more interesting and important things to do.

44 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Not missing the football at all and the enforced break is just confirming how small a part of my life football actually is.

I really think that when it starts again I'll have other more interesting and important things to do.

So what are you doing now to fill in the time? I am still working but doing more reading/tv but dont want that to become the norm.

Looking forward to the novelty of fitba in June (fingers crossed) and maybe even a game on my birthday in July.

But not missed it too much. My interest peaks at game time and drops off dramatically after that, in a normal week. I actually get more wrapped up in DFC the worse we're playing. If we're doing well, nothing to worry about, move on! 

8 hours ago, sneddee said:

i for one will be glad to see it back!!! missing my beloved dee's!!!

I thought in the first few days sneddee, the thoughts of the weeks/month ahead without football (DFC)would put me in a state of misery ...

Maybe even dark depression. But as I said at the beginning, I am coming to a stage of acceptance and by each passing day, becoming happily involved in other satisfying  ... And maybe more worthwhile & healthier alternatives.

My opening Topic/Question was also around the possibility, that if DFC don't do the bisiness on the field in the way of hard graft, determination, full focus & effort in every future game following this spell, some fans may become much more choosy & reconsider, the alternatives they discovered during what will be a long break were more satisfying.

In other words ... Many DFC fans may (with renewed expectations/ambitions) may well become more demanding :chin:

1 hour ago, GordonDee said:

Miss Dundee terribly. I have been watching old games on Dee TV, some great stuff on there. Watched the cup game with United tonight, it’s free for all. 

Although I am signed up for DeeTV, I am no one for watching recordings of "old games"  that are now behind me ...Maybe it's an age thing, but I focus more on what might be ahead, when it comes to Dundee. That said I still give thought occasionally, to those Dundee Championship Euro games of the 60's  & like to think. although we will probably never ever reach these dizzy heights again (certainly no now in my lifetime) it is still a memory well worth holding on to:chaplin:

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

TBH Prince, I am no to surprised with your response above (The signs were there) ... And I don't mean that in a bad way.

In my case, with no getting to games, whatever I feel during a game, is no gonna effect the final outcome ... So with that in mind (& for health reasons)...mainly blood pressure & sanity, I try to detach myself a wee bit from the events of match day. But it never seemed to work out ... Even though I was not attending the live game in person, I still managed to go through all the pressure & agonising moments. This break has reminded me like yourself, that what happens (or does not happen) with DFC is an important part of my life ...It should NOT be controlling every part of my life ...

But nae doot when the fitba returns, awe this might cheenge again ... Mon the Mighty Dee :wub:

40 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Its what I am missing the most, cannae wait till its back. I am hoping we may get a wee attendance boost too.

I'm pretty sure Billy, the return of football & thoughts again of seeing a refreshed, invigorated Dundee in action, will encourage many to go an see DFC ..

It is then up to BOD, Manager, Players to deliver on a regular basis :happyyes:

30 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Looking forward to the novelty of fitba in June (fingers crossed) and maybe even a game on my birthday in July.

But not missed it too much. My interest peaks at game time and drops off dramatically after that, in a normal week. I actually get more wrapped up in DFC the worse we're playing. If we're doing well, nothing to worry about, move on! 

That seems a pretty calm approach you have there blueboy In fact it is so logical, I think it's time we awe adopted it:chaplin:

Noo awe we need is Dundee to start winning games regularly...Mon the Dee, start winning & gie me back meh sanity :excited:

52 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

So what are you doing now to fill in the time? I am still working but doing more reading/tv but dont want that to become the norm.

Working from home, practising new songs, have bought a new mixer so doing more recording, might look at sound engineering too, doing jobs around the house and garden that should have been done a long time ago, spotting new things that are getting done immediately rather than being put on the to do list, getting the dogs out more. The garden in particular is already looking 100% better. The car is also about to get cleaned and gutted and this regularly cleaning out the car thing will become a regular thing for me.

All above rather than sitting watching football on TV.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Gedee said:

But nae doot when the fitba returns, awe this might cheenge again ... Mon the Mighty Dee :wub:

Very well may do Gedee but the enforced lay off has exposed to me what I really should be doing more. There might well be room for it all on the other side but right now I can't see where I'd fit football in and can see that I only managed it before by letting other things slide a bit.

Even close season was football related as I was constantly looking for signings or releases but the fact that there isn't even training has effectively taken football completely out of my world. Not saying I love it but I do seem less stressed and a bit happier.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Working from home, practising new songs, have bought a new mixer so doing more recording, might look at sound engineering too, doing jobs around the house and garden that should have been done a long time ago, spotting new things that are getting done immediately rather than being put on the to do list, getting the dogs out more. The garden in particular is already looking 100% better. The car is also about to get cleaned and gutted and this regularly cleaning out the car thing will become a regular thing for me.

All above rather than sitting watching football on TV.

It's like a whole new chapter in your life Prince has begun ... Weel Done Freend  :wub: