Rate this topic

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

View full blog

Just about to file away the scrapbook that this load of waffle came from but realised there's some fun stuff in there that doesn't work within the narrative of the season so thought I'd share them her

Well, I've had a little time on my hands, so here's another retro blog from the scrapbooks - it's been embarrassingly long since the last one. Hope it's not too much of a ramble for everyone. Som

Posted Images

Well, I've had a little time on my hands, so here's another retro blog from the scrapbooks - it's been embarrassingly long since the last one. Hope it's not too much of a ramble for everyone.

Something a little more current in the works too. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Great job sir.

If  there's one goal I could witness again that was never recorded, it was Eddie Annands at Dens vs Raith. Unbelievable goal.

Cheers mate! Frustratingly there's not even a photo of that one in the scrapbook! 

Hoping to get the next part put together over the next few days.

32 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Dave was a frustrated rugby player-he could launch the ball 60 yards out of the park from anywhere.

By all accounts he was a loveable dunderheid! He gave his all - and sometimes more - on the park though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to file away the scrapbook that this load of waffle came from but realised there's some fun stuff in there that doesn't work within the narrative of the season so thought I'd share them here for a little light relief (not like that you dirty minded swines!).

20200409_154744.jpg

20200409_154821.jpg

20200409_155005.jpg

20200409_155022.jpg

20200409_155106.jpg

20200409_155125.jpg

20200409_154553.jpg

20200409_154611.jpg

20200409_154627.jpg

20200409_154647.jpg

20200409_154735.jpg

20200409_154916.jpg

20200409_155227.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wonderful Memories rekindled. I was there at The Broughty Ferry Servicesmens club (sadly now gone) when the Marrs outlined their approach to the team,business and Dens Park.

Totally galvanised the support and with that team we fought hard hand in hand to achieve promotion etc.

Dens was in a terrible state due to that terrible Dog Track reducing the TC Keay and Stand Enclosure capacities  and I recall later games us all being crammed in The Derry and Main Stand.

The Marrs plan was working- Sadly they deviated from Jocky's Battlers to Bonetti but that's easy to say in hindsight.

A wonderful period- I recently found a number of the games from that period on VHS- Great Stuff!!

I also recently found The Dundee Shop catalogue for that season- Another 1st from the Club.- Will Try and scan that!

Happy days when the players were all roughly the same age as me at that time!!!! ;oD

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Donny O said:

Wonderful Memories rekindled. I was there at The Broughty Ferry Servicesmens club (sadly now gone) when the Marrs outlined their approach to the team,business and Dens Park.

Totally galvanised the support and with that team we fought hard hand in hand to achieve promotion etc.

Dens was in a terrible state due to that terrible Dog Track reducing the TC Keay and Stand Enclosure capacities  and I recall later games us all being crammed in The Derry and Main Stand.

The Marrs plan was working- Sadly they deviated from Jocky's Battlers to Bonetti but that's easy to say in hindsight.

A wonderful period- I recently found a number of the games from that period on VHS- Great Stuff!!

I also recently found The Dundee Shop catalogue for that season- Another 1st from the Club.- Will Try and scan that!

Happy days when the players were all roughly the same age as me at that time!!!! ;oD

Would love to see a scan of that catalogue if you can Donny!