The Dark Blues

Best Start To a Dundee Career

Rate this topic

Christophe Berra has been outstanding for the Dee. Only 1 goal conceded in 6 games, 5 straight clean sheets and that's got a lot to do with our 41-times capped centre-back.

Anyone else spring to mind who started their Dundee career in sensational form?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loved Paco. Loved that strip, too.  Didn't Artero come in on loan first and tore everyone apart? 

Just looked it up and it seems the 19-year-old Duncan started his pro career at Dens with 10 goals in 13 games including a hat-trick against Hearts. Must have been a tremendous talent. I came acr

Luna made a good impression during his brief loan spell as a Dee. Only played a handful of games but scored a few.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Christophe Berra has been outstanding for the Dee. Only 1 goal conceded 6 games, 5 straight clean sheets and that's got a lot to do with our 41-times capped centre-back.

Anyone else spring to mind who started their Dundee career in sensational form?

David Clarkson had a belter of a start to his Dundee career. 8 starts, 8 goals. Think he scored 1 more goal in the remaining 17-18 games, but was still a great start.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

David Clarkson had a belter of a start to his Dundee career. 8 starts, 8 goals. Think he scored 1 more goal in the remaining 17-18 games, but was still a great start.

Almost as good as MAC, who scored 7 in his first 5 (albeit in the league below).

Fast facts - Ross County - Dundee Football Club - Official Website

Tommy Coyne had a great start did he not? Scored a few against Dunfermline.

Luna made a good impression during his brief loan spell as a Dee. Only played a handful of games but scored a few.

BBC SPORT | HIBERNIAN | Luna joins up at Hibs

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Didn't the teenage John Duncan begin his career with the winning goal (or maybe two?) on his debut, against Hearts at Dens?

Or have my distant memories finally faded into a confused jumble of unrelated incidents???  :o 

.....I'm sure someone else will recall this! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

Didn't the teenage John Duncan begin his career with the winning goal (or maybe two?) on his debut, against Hearts at Dens?

Or have my distant memories finally faded into a confused jumble of unrelated incidents???  :o 

.....I'm sure someone else will recall this! 

Just looked it up and it seems the 19-year-old Duncan started his pro career at Dens with 10 goals in 13 games including a hat-trick against Hearts. Must have been a tremendous talent.

I came across this footage of Dundee v Milan from the early 70s. The likes of Wallace, Scott, Lambie and Duncan look frighteningly good against quality opposition.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Loved Paco. Loved that strip, too. 

Didn't Artero come in on loan first and tore everyone apart? 

3 goals in 9 games but he was exciting to watch and gave 100%.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Just looked it up and it seems the 19-year-old Duncan started his pro career at Dens with 10 goals in 13 games including a hat-trick against Hearts. Must have been a tremendous talent.

I came across this footage of Dundee v Milan from the early 70s. The likes of Wallace, Scott, Lambie and Duncan look frighteningly good against quality opposition.

That was a great attack. What made Duncan a great striker was manager Prentice's decision to switch him to the wing for a few games to get an understanding of where the striker should be to get on the end of crosses and passes from the wing. 

• Like 1