The Dark Blues

Last Minute Goals

Rate this topic

This moment was unforgettable. What a bonkers celebration that was. Any other last minute goals stand out for you?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bedlam!  

Both Macdonalds late winners here.

You're both right. It happened in both home games against Saints in 2007/8, at the Coxy end both times. I remember my report for Dee Mad the first time was headlined "Tonto Time". Then for the second

Another classic. The goal that sent United spiralling towards relegation.

27 minutes ago, Cobra said:

This moment was unforgettable. What a bonkers celebration that was. Any other last minute goals stand out for you?

This was actually my first Derby, 6 years old and in the middle of scenes in the Derry. Can't beat it!

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Valentke said:

I recall a late Colin McMenamin winner v the Saints at Dens going down nicely. 

I was going to say that one as well, Judas Dixon swung a cross in from the Derry side and i think Coco ran in and headered home.   Seem to remember another late late Gavin Swankie goal against Saint J in the Shankley end in the pi55ing rain  Dees won i think 2-1 after being i down, i think Alec Rae was gaffer.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

I was going to say that one as well, Judas Dixon swung a cross in from the Derry side and i think Coco ran in and headered home.   Seem to remember another late late Gavin Swankie goal against Saint J in the Shankley end in the pi55ing rain  Dees won i think 2-1 after being i down, i think Alec Rae was gaffer.

It was Kev McDonald. Swankie was superb that game though. Most of his best games were against saints.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

It was Kev McDonald. Swankie was superb that game though. Most of his best games were against saints.

You're both right. It happened in both home games against Saints in 2007/8, at the Coxy end both times. I remember my report for Dee Mad the first time was headlined "Tonto Time". Then for the second it was just "Tonto Time Again".

A personal favourite of mine was AJ's 98th minute winner at Hamilton, because it was so, so, late and obviously because it was Hamilton.

Edited by Rumple
  • Like 3
38 minutes ago, Rumple said:

You're both right. It happened in both home games against Saints in 2007/8, at the Coxy end both times. I remember my report for Dee Mad the first time was headlined "Tonto Time". Then for the second it was just "Tonto Time Again".

A personal favourite of mine was AJ's 98th minute winner at Hamilton, because it was so, so, late and obviously because it was Hamilton.

I realised that last night. Swankie scored a pearler of a winner in 06/07 with 10 to go if i remember rightly.

The two the following season were epic. That was when the rivalry with saints was at its peak. Kinda died after that.

Also, AJs goal must surely be the latest we've ever scored in normal time?

Edited by Frank Grimes
11 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Also, AJs goal must surely be the latest we've ever scored in normal time?

I can't think of a later goal. It caused a bit of a row in the press box because of the celebration of one of the Dee media team, who has since departed. A hack's laptop took some collateral damage.
Edit to add; I don't remember being particularly bothered at the time by the stooshie. 🙂

Edited by Rumple

I remember sitting in the Derry and it was a really frustrating afternoon with Dundee level with Partick I think at 1-1 going into injury-time. The fans were restless and our players were desperately trying to force a winner and then the ball dropped to Kev Mac and with remarkable composure he just paused and buried a half-chance from the edge of the box. I thought in that moment there was something really special about him. Aside from his obvious ability he had an air of self-belief that allowed to stay calm as others were getting frantic. Quite impressive for such a young lad. Shame we didn't get to see more of him.

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I remember sitting in the Derry and it was a really frustrating afternoon with Dundee level with Partick I think at 1-1 going into injury-time. The fans were restless and our players were desperately trying to force a winner and then the ball dropped to Kev Mac and with remarkable composure he just paused and buried a half-chance from the edge of the box. I thought in that moment there was something really special about him. Aside from his obvious ability he had an air of self-belief that allowed to stay calm as others were getting frantic. Quite impressive for such a young lad. Shame we didn't get to see more of him.

That was also 2007/8, between Christmas and New Year. I remember McDonald's composure. He passed the ball just inside the post.