The Dark Blues

Vote To End the Season

Rate this topic

There shall be a vote from all SPFL clubs outwith the Premiership on cancelling the 2019/20 season. If voted through, United will win the league, Partick will be relegated, Raith will be promoted up, and there will be no play-offs. Obviously too scared to relegate Hearts just yet.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-clubs-to-vote-on-curtailment-of-ladbrokes-s

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thistle fan here - pleased to hear the reaction of you guys to the latest news. To me, that makes a difference so won't stop me going back to Dens, but you can imagine what some folk who don't know wh

It looks like a brilliant bit of strategy from the club. A very clever bit of brinkmanship. Ignore the absolute bile coming from united (and any club that voted yes) they were prepared to absolutely s

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

There shall be a vote from all SPFL clubs outwith the Premiership on cancelling the 2019/20 season. If voted through, United will win the league, Partick will be relegated, Raith will be promoted up, and there will be no play-offs. Obviously too scared to relegate Hearts just yet.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-clubs-to-vote-on-curtailment-of-ladbrokes-s

However, the part below can't be underestimated either... That would probably promote United and ICT and keeps Hearts afloat in more ways than one.

If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with Clubs over the possibility of League restructuring ahead of Season 2020/21.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, barkblue said:

However, the part below can't be underestimated either... That would probably promote United and ICT and keeps Hearts afloat in more ways than one.

If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with Clubs over the possibility of League restructuring ahead of Season 2020/21.

Yeah, was just about to mention that. Will be interesting to be shafted just that bit more....

Unless it's a 16-team league reconstruction, of which I approve.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Yeah, was just about to mention that. Will be interesting to be shafted just that bit more....

Unless it's a 16-team league reconstruction, of which I approve.

I'd approve of a 16 team league whether we benefited or not as I think it will offer a better league and better product. My guess however is it'll be 14 teams in the top flight as that will help Hearts and United. f**k everyone else. As it has been for a long time.

• Like 1

It HAS to be equal through all the leagues, everyone at the top champs and all at the bottom relegated. Or no one is champion and no one relegated. Void. We can't have hand picking who is relegated or not. Keep it fair for everyone.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Read somewhere they need 75% for it to carry.

Could be interesting if this is the case. I’d guess that out of the 30 teams there are at least 10 clubs across the leagues that will be denied a play-off opportunity (title challenge in league 1) and obviously the 2 relegated will push-back too. Also seems weird how a different rule can potentially be applied to SPL but not the others (I know European slots are an additional consideration).  I think the SPL should be the benchmark of the decision making and then the other leagues follow that model for continuity. 

Seems as clear as mud to me. Reading between the lines it looks like the SPFL board are attempting to influence the voting by offering the possibility of league reconstruction. How can anyone sitting in a play-off position, or within touching distance of one, agree to voiding the season without knowing the implications of that?. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I'd approve of a 16 team league whether we benefited or not as I think it will offer a better league and better product. My guess however is it'll be 14 teams in the top flight as that will help Hearts and United. f**k everyone else. As it has been for a long time.

Would love a 16 team top league.

• Like 2

I can see them reconstruction all the leagues to 14 meaning no relegation if so we will definitely be getting shafted 😡

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Could be interesting if this is the case. I’d guess that out of the 30 teams there are at least 10 clubs across the leagues that will be denied a play-off opportunity (title challenge in league 1) and obviously the 2 relegated will push-back too. Also seems weird how a different rule can potentially be applied to SPL but not the others (I know European slots are an additional consideration).  I think the SPL should be the benchmark of the decision making and then the other leagues follow that model for continuity. 

Depends on what has went on behind closed doors, Inverness, Dundee, Ayr would vote against, unless there is talk of reconstruction, Partick will definitely vote against I would imagine....

Inverness on other hand desperate for money, and the prize money might swing it for them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

Depends on what has went on behind closed doors, Inverness, Dundee, Ayr would vote against, unless there is talk of reconstruction, Partick will definitely vote against I would imagine....

Inverness on other hand desperate for money, and the prize money might swing it for them.

The terms of any potential reconstruction surely need to be thrashed out before club vote on whether to void the season otherwise you could be voting to give up the play-off place that was in offer at the outset of the season. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

I don't understand why Arbroath or Dunfermline would vote for it either as they were in with a shout of the playoffs too. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, gblue said:

I can see them reconstruction all the leagues to 14 meaning no relegation if so we will definitely be getting shafted 😡

I can see the logic of 3 x 14 team leagues, at least to the governing bodies, on the getting shafted part, it would very much depend on cash getting shared out to the clubs. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The terms of any potential reconstruction surely need to be thrashed out before club vote on whether to void the season otherwise you could be voting to give up the play-off place that was in offer at the outset of the season. 

Remember this is Scottish football....

Certain clubs maybe have had the nod/wink....

It’s the only possible conclusion say Inverness would vote for this.