• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

View full blog

Well written summary and agree with pretty much most of it. Only thing I would change would be giving Forster the same mark as Meekings. Think Forster deserves a huge amount of credit to come back fro

Feel like Field should be in the 'bit parts' section, he's only played 15 minutes. Feels unfair to slap a 1/10 on him. Other than that (and maybe disagreeing on a couple ratings), good summary.

Is it the end of the season? Well, we'll maybe find out soon.

Either way my latest blog is the now traditional 1st team squad report card. Agree? Disagree? I'm intrigued to find out...

Well written summary and agree with pretty much most of it. Only thing I would change would be giving Forster the same mark as Meekings. Think Forster deserves a huge amount of credit to come back from where he was form wise to how he was playing before the season halted. Very much keeping it to the basics and playing to his strengths but it never should be underestimated the difficulty to turn poor form around, particularly when confidence is shot

• Like 1

Feel like Field should be in the 'bit parts' section, he's only played 15 minutes. Feels unfair to slap a 1/10 on him. Other than that (and maybe disagreeing on a couple ratings), good summary.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, thepole said:

Well written summary and agree with pretty much most of it. Only thing I would change would be giving Forster the same mark as Meekings. Think Forster deserves a huge amount of credit to come back from where he was form wise to how he was playing before the season halted. Very much keeping it to the basics and playing to his strengths but it never should be underestimated the difficulty to turn poor form around, particularly when confidence is shot

Cheers mate!

The difference was purely 'worked out' on Forster's early gaffs having directly lost us points in games, whereas Meekings (this season) had been more lucky that his mistakes were rectified by others, rather than costing goals. Totally get where you're coming from though. Massive credit to both for turning their season around, although Berra seems to have had a massive hand in that too.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Thanks Ross.

I did swither on that one too and you're probably right. However, from what we were told Field was brought in to be a first team player and is the only experienced pro in the squad that simply hasn't managed to force his way into the team at all. The other bit parts are either young laddies or a player who was never going to stay longer than absolutely necessary. 

Thanks for taking the time to write this up for the site @barkblue Great read, as ever.

Bold move to give player ratings given that every one of us has a slightly different view!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

Where do you find the time to write a detailed and informed blog as that. Il never know. :)

It wasn't done in one sitting mate but I've always got the laptop out when I'm not at work and unless there's something I'm desperate to watch on TV then I'm trying to write something - usually music reviews for a couple of websites and a print magazine. It's all good fun, to me anyway! 😎

50 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Thanks for taking the time to write this up for the site @barkblue Great read, as ever.

Bold move to give player ratings given that every one of us has a slightly different view!

Haha! Very true. I don't mind putting my scores in the firing line. It's good fun both on here and on twitter and seeing other folk's opinions is interesting and at times eye opening, in a good way. I really enjoy the interaction and alternative opinions. 

1 minute ago, barkblue said:

Haha! Very true. I don't mind putting my scores in the firing line. It's good fun both on here and on twitter and seeing other folk's opinions is interesting and at times eye opening, in a good way. I really enjoy the interaction and alternative opinions. 

I was going to annoyingly inform you that McDaid deserves a 7 just because of the points he's put on the board but on reflection your assessment of his overall performances is perfectly valid.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I was going to annoyingly inform you that McDaid deserves a 7 just because of the points he's put on the board but on reflection your assessment of his overall performances is perfectly valid.

That's been the main comment I've had from folk. It's also a strong argument and I was torn between a 6 or 7 for him because when he's been good he's been devastatingly good. However, on the flip there have been more than a few games where he's been utterly anonymous, so 7 felt just a touch too much for me. That said, he's my 'fave' player this season purely because he's direct, pacy and willing to shoot from distance - in other words something we've lacked for ages, a bit of excitement!

• Like 1