Favourite Kit of the Last 25 Years

Rate this topic

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brilliant. I do like reading your posts Donnie. You are the board's kit aficionado.

Maybe controversial but this one has stuck with me because it was so different. I've really like over half of our kits, only a handful I haven't really taken to but this was just so... unex

I agree with Cobra. Love your enthusiasm for the kits past and present Donny. Always great reading your posts. 

Posted Images

Brilliant. I do like reading your posts Donnie. You are the board's kit aficionado.

• Like 2

Thanks Cobra! Im sure there are lot more better experts than me re kits etc but yes its always been an interest of mine since the early 70s (especially when I recall the excitement of Dundee unveiling their Admiral Kit etc )

We've  had some beauties and thankully only a few "poorer" efforts.....unlike "ahem" other teams!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Donny O said:

Thanks Cobra! Im sure there are lot more better experts than me re kits etc but yes its always been an interest of mine since the early 70s (especially when I recall the excitement of Dundee unveiling their Admiral Kit etc )

We've  had some beauties and thankully only a few "poorer" efforts.....unlike "ahem" other teams!

I don't think anyone appreciates a good kit look you Donny. Out of interest, what's your favourite and least favourite Dee kit of all time?

• Like 1

Maybe controversial but this one has stuck with me because it was so different.

Dark Blue Forever: 2010

I've really like over half of our kits, only a handful I haven't really taken to but this was just so... unexpected.

• Like 1
  • Wowzer 1
3 hours ago, Donny O said:

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Brilliant. I do like reading your posts Donnie. You are board's kit aficionado.

I agree with Cobra. Love your enthusiasm for the kits past and present Donny. Always great reading your posts. 

• Like 2

Thanks Cobra and Bark Blue.

Yeah growing up in the 70s I loved everything about football- The Grounds,The Strips etc. (I do have a huge gap in Kits from the late 80s/90s and the mid 2000s but still attended all the games)

As for Favourite Kit- That's a difficult one.

Faves include 1973 Home, The 3 Umbro Kits of the early 80s Home and Away,The 2003 Cup Final Home, the original  "Samp" strips (especially away) The "pyjamas" Away and the 1st "Argentina" Away.

But for purely nostalgic and personal memories it still would be both the Home and Away Admiral Kits of the 70s (Had the Home one and now have a few Retro Versions-The Away One is just class!)

As for Least I can think of only 2 that filled me with disappointment:

All over light Blue with I think "J Search" the sponsor- Recall Steve Lovell etc wearing it??  2003 season- Thought it was very bland!

and

This years Effort- Just didn't do it!

All about opinions though?!

What about you guys? Favourites/Least Favourite?

Regards

• Like 2

This one for the horrible kit @Donny O ?

Totally agree. The other two are also least favourites of mine. I wore the home top hundreds of times but still think it looked like we were wearing purple when the team actually wore it.

images-1.jpeg

images.jpeg

dundee_1994-1995-l.gif

• Like 1

For me there are two feet spots in home tops. 76-88, with the 76-80 Admiral kit (nearly all Admiral kits were and remain classics) being the best ever - and that goes for the away too, although the 80-83 are close seconds for home and away.

dundee_1976-1980-bdln.gif

dundee_1980-1983-cl.gif

dundee_1984-1985-l.gif

dundee_1985-1988-j.gif

dundee_1987-1989-m.gif

Then 95 through to 2000.

I'm probably going 1998-99 as best home and away here as well. I have the home and and away in short and long sleeved and also an Iain Anderson match worn as well.

dundee_1995-1996-l.gif

dundee_1997-1998-l.gif

dundee_1997-1998-l-1.gif

dundee_1998-1999-o.gif

dundee_1999-2000-i.gif

• Like 1
4 hours ago, barkblue said:

This one for the horrible kit @Donny O ?

Totally agree. The other two are also least favourites of mine. I wore the home top hundreds of times but still think it looked like we were wearing purple when the team actually wore it.

images-1.jpeg

images.jpeg

dundee_1994-1995-l.gif

Yup BarkBlue.The Top One. As for the other 2.... The middle one after my  initial horror grew on me!!! ;oD and the bottom one I actually loved !!!! Sadly my one is too small for me now!!!

• Like 1

For me there are two feet spots in home tops. 76-88, with the 76-80 Admiral kit (nearly all Admiral kits were and remain classics) being the best ever - and that goes for the away too, although the 80-83 are close seconds for home and away.

dundee_1976-1980-bdln.gif

dundee_1980-1983-cl.gif

dundee_1984-1985-l.gif

dundee_1985-1988-j.gif

dundee_1987-1989-m.gif

Yup loved them all but maybe wasn't so fond of the last one even though they wore that strip during one of the greatest periods I followed the team eg Skol Cup quarter final etc

• Like 1

Then 95 through to 2000.

I'm probably going 1998-99 as best home and away here as well. I have the home and and away in short and long sleeved and also an Iain Anderson match worn as well.

dundee_1995-1996-l.gif

dundee_1997-1998-l.gif

dundee_1997-1998-l-1.gif

dundee_1998-1999-o.gif

dundee_1999-2000-i.gif

Again-All classics!! Got them all but they also are a bit of a snug fit now!!!!!! ;o(

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Donny O said:

Yup BarkBlue.The Top One. As for the other 2.... The middle one after my  initial horror grew on me!!! ;oD and the bottom one I actually loved !!!! Sadly my one is too small for me now!!!

I'll admit that recent away top actually looked decent when we played in it. However whenever I saw someone wearing it I always thought it looked like a reject where the stripes didn't quite match up! Yeah I wore the home top so much the fluffy badge eventually wore off in the wash! Still don't like it though. The away top that year (thin Argentina stripes reminiscent of our first home top) was superb though! 

51 minutes ago, Donny O said:

Yup loved them all but maybe wasn't so fond of the last one even though they wore that strip during one of the greatest periods I followed the team eg Skol Cup quarter final etc

I LOVED that Skol Cup kit. It's a thing of beauty here on the Mongoose, but I'll admit that angle of the photo of Cobra Coyne makes it less appealing... it kind of looks more like a Falkirk strip! 

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg