Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Favourite Kit of the Last 25 Years

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Thanks Cobra! Im sure there are lot more better experts than me re kits etc but yes its always been an interest of mine since the early 70s (especially when I recall the excitement of Dundee unveiling their Admiral Kit etc )

We've  had some beauties and thankully only a few "poorer" efforts.....unlike "ahem" other teams!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Donny O said:

Thanks Cobra! Im sure there are lot more better experts than me re kits etc but yes its always been an interest of mine since the early 70s (especially when I recall the excitement of Dundee unveiling their Admiral Kit etc )

We've  had some beauties and thankully only a few "poorer" efforts.....unlike "ahem" other teams!

I don't think anyone appreciates a good kit look you Donny. Out of interest, what's your favourite and least favourite Dee kit of all time?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Donny O said:

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Brilliant. I do like reading your posts Donnie. You are board's kit aficionado.

I agree with Cobra. Love your enthusiasm for the kits past and present Donny. Always great reading your posts. 

• Like 2

Thanks Cobra and Bark Blue.

Yeah growing up in the 70s I loved everything about football- The Grounds,The Strips etc. (I do have a huge gap in Kits from the late 80s/90s and the mid 2000s but still attended all the games)

As for Favourite Kit- That's a difficult one.

Faves include 1973 Home, The 3 Umbro Kits of the early 80s Home and Away,The 2003 Cup Final Home, the original  "Samp" strips (especially away) The "pyjamas" Away and the 1st "Argentina" Away.

But for purely nostalgic and personal memories it still would be both the Home and Away Admiral Kits of the 70s (Had the Home one and now have a few Retro Versions-The Away One is just class!)

As for Least I can think of only 2 that filled me with disappointment:

All over light Blue with I think "J Search" the sponsor- Recall Steve Lovell etc wearing it??  2003 season- Thought it was very bland!

and

This years Effort- Just didn't do it!

All about opinions though?!

What about you guys? Favourites/Least Favourite?

Regards

• Like 2

4 hours ago, barkblue said:

This one for the horrible kit @Donny O ?

Totally agree. The other two are also least favourites of mine. I wore the home top hundreds of times but still think it looked like we were wearing purple when the team actually wore it.

images-1.jpeg

images.jpeg

dundee_1994-1995-l.gif

Yup BarkBlue.The Top One. As for the other 2.... The middle one after my  initial horror grew on me!!! ;oD and the bottom one I actually loved !!!! Sadly my one is too small for me now!!!

• Like 1

Adblock Detected