Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Come Clean Now John Nelms

Just now, blueboy said:

Not sure I like the title of the thread either. It suggests we've done something wrong. Not remotely concerned we have, or have anything to hide. The fact Rangers are on the case too suggests the smoke is coming from Hampden, not Dens. 

My thoughts as well mate, i think JN is making the most of the opportunity offered by the mistake. 

Was it a genuine error or was it more sinister ? who knows but agree that would lie with Doncaster etc. and not us so not concerned in the slightest. 

The noise is coming from Rangers so nothing credible so far!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Get our no vote back in ASAP. Swiftly followed by a statement clarifying we’ve voted no and explaining wtf has been going on since Friday.

I’d be amazed and appalled if we changed our vote now. It would leave us wide open to all sorts of accusations and surely legal ramifications too.

The real issue is the SPFL putting this in the clubs hands and abdicating their own responsibility - they are the ones withholding money.

Release the cash and play the season to a finish - whenever that may be.

Success or failure needs to be earned on the park.

Still no please Dundee..

8 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Get our no vote back in ASAP. Swiftly followed by a statement clarifying we’ve voted no and explaining wtf has been going on since Friday.

I’d be amazed and appalled if we changed our vote now. It would leave us wide open to all sorts of accusations and surely legal ramifications too.

The real issue is the SPFL putting this in the clubs hands and abdicating their own responsibility - they are the ones withholding money.

Release the cash and play the season to a finish - whenever that may be.

Success or failure needs to be earned on the park.

Still no please Dundee..

I'm coming round to the idea that we will be changing to a YES. Assuming it will draw some concessions from the SPFL. As long as we do right by the other clubs and there's no relegations we could call that a moral victory.

The only possible concessions that will appease our fans is a 16 team league.

if Nelms is the architect of reconstruction that ends up in a 14 team league it won’t go down well with majority of our fanbase....

Basically everyone gets what they want apart from teams in the playoff positions 

Vote No, and let other teams take the heat.

Edited by Mr Sensible

26 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Not sure I like the title of the thread either. It suggests we've done something wrong. Not remotely concerned we have, or have anything to hide. The fact Rangers are on the case too suggests the smoke is coming from Hampden, not Dens. 

Agree, choice of words could have been better imo. Can see the likes of Spence jumping on it.

14 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm coming round to the idea that we will be changing to a YES. Assuming it will draw some concessions from the SPFL. As long as we do right by the other clubs and there's no relegations we could call that a moral victory.

I expect we will say yes after the SPFL throw us a carrot or two.

It's a big problem though because we're changing our vote after learning how everyone else voted (while being pressured by Celtic and others). It's going to stink and leave ourselves and the SPFL tainted, and probably lead to legal action when these proposals are forced through.

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I expect we will say yes after the SPFL throw us a carrot or two.

It's a big problem though because we're changing our vote after learning how everyone else voted (while being pressured by Celtic and others). It's going to stink and leave ourselves and the SPFL tainted, and probably lead to legal action when these proposals are forced through.

I honestly cannot see us voting yes now. It would be utter madness to do so and I’m sure Nelms is smarter than that

12 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

The only possible concessions that will appease our fans is a 16 team league.

if Nelms is the architect of reconstruction that ends up in a 14 team league it won’t go down well with majority of our fanbase....

Basically everyone gets what they want apart from teams in the playoff positions 

Vote No, and let other teams take the heat.

A 16 team league would be better for us in the short term but less chance of the current premier league teams agreeing to it. We weren't likely to go up anyway so i have no issues with ICT going up. 

I think the clubs missing out on a playoff should be compensated though when it comes to dishing out the cash.

If the result of this is a 14 team league then we have a good chance of going up especially as Hearts won't be in the league so it does benefit us.

The main issues with the proposal for me were relegating teams without playing a full season and denying clubs a chance to go up in the play offs, if this resolves these issues then i'm happy with that. 

6 minutes ago, dblair said:

I honestly cannot see us voting yes now. It would be utter madness to do so and I’m sure Nelms is smarter than that

I think our refusal to explain ourselves to ICT and Partick on Friday night and our refusal to say anything to the BBC yesterday suggests we're thrashing out some concessions behind closed doors to be make this vote pass. Why even go down this road at all unless we're open to having our vote changed?

5 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

A 16 team league would be better for us in the short term but less chance of the current premier league teams agreeing to it. We weren't likely to go up anyway so i have no issues with ICT going up. 

I think the clubs missing out on a playoff should be compensated though when it comes to dishing out the cash.

If the result of this is a 14 team league then we have a good chance of going up especially as Hearts won't be in the league so it does benefit us.

The main issues with the proposal for me were relegating teams without playing a full season and denying clubs a chance to go up in the play offs, if this resolves these issues then i'm happy with that. 

Sorry have to disagree about going up.

We had as much chance as Inverness.

The money that will pour out the club with another year of championship football will be eye watering whether it’s easier on paper doesn’t make up for that.

We need a big chunk of cash to say we have benefited from this, to stop us our right of a shot at the play offs.

Adblock Detected