The Dark Blues

Votegate - Has Anybody Thought

Rate this topic

(And I'm just throwing this out there) that JN has got wind of ICT, who we're pretty sure are struggling badly, possibly not making it through the lock down?

He was in constant contact with ICT and Partick and between them they seemingly contrived a no vote. Maybe, just maybe, JN got a nudge at the very last that ICT are on the verge of a financial collapse that will see them deducted ten points for this season thus elevating DFC to second place in the league and becoming the second promoted side from The Championship in a reconstructed 14 team Premiership. In that scenario it would make sense and would be to our benefit to vote for the proposal.

It's as believable or unbelievable as any other theory being thrown out there by straw clutching fans and tabloids.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very plausible that Nelms is smelling blood somewhere, but if ICT are really that close to bringing in administrators, then I’d have thought they’d have just voted Yes in the first place.

Maybe we have got what we wanted out of it hence the change of heart.. f**ked if I know what's going on 😂

You mean he got wind of this sometime between casting his vote and sending the email cancelling it?  Seems unlikely. Any wheeling and dealing would have been done in the days/hours leading up to

Very plausible that Nelms is smelling blood somewhere, but if ICT are really that close to bringing in administrators, then I’d have thought they’d have just voted Yes in the first place.

• Like 3

You mean he got wind of this sometime between casting his vote and sending the email cancelling it?  Seems unlikely.

Any wheeling and dealing would have been done in the days/hours leading up to the vote rather than after it I'd imagine.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

(And I'm just throwing this out there) that JN has got wind of ICT, who we're pretty sure are struggling badly, possibly not making it through the lock down?

He was in constant contact with ICT and Partick and between them they seemingly contrived a no vote. Maybe, just maybe, JN got a nudge at the very last that ICT are on the verge of a financial collapse that will see them deducted ten points for this season thus elevating DFC to second place in the league and becoming the second promoted side from The Championship in a reconstructed 14 team Premiership. In that scenario it would make sense and would be to our benefit to vote for the proposal.

It's as believable or unbelievable as any other theory being thrown out there by straw clutching fans and tabloids.

It wouldn’t benefit us. Vote Yes and the money is paid out, therefore ICT get the money they need to survive. 

I find it unlikely to believe the remaining prize money being delayed a few weeks would really be that devastating to anyone right now. Inverness announcement re their financial difficulty didn't hint at anything saying cash flow was horrendous to the point where they literally had nowhere to turn to for a temporary overdraft, it was more of a case that they would need to scale back spending and find alternative ways to fund themselves in the future.

Unless they've previously been running up arrears for their other bills, I think their ownership and contacts would be able to find a method of getting near 6 figures into the club, especially if it meant the difference to divisions. That may not stretch far enough to erode their budgeting difficulties (i.e. us in 2012 having the 'ducks' lined up and having to settle for what was left in August) but I think it'd do the job.

Stranger things have happened though. Remember the ownership at Dunfermline coming out a few days before admin and coming out with 'we never have money but it always ends up being fine'.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I find it unlikely to believe the remaining prize money being delayed a few weeks would really be that devastating to anyone right now. Inverness announcement re their financial difficulty didn't hint at anything saying cash flow was horrendous to the point where they literally had nowhere to turn to for a temporary overdraft, it was more of a case that they would need to scale back spending and find alternative ways to fund themselves in the future.

Unless they've previously been running up arrears for their other bills, I think their ownership and contacts would be able to find a method of getting near 6 figures into the club, especially if it meant the difference to divisions. That may not stretch far enough to erode their budgeting difficulties (i.e. us in 2012 having the 'ducks' lined up and having to settle for what was left in August) but I think it'd do the job.

Stranger things have happened though. Remember the ownership at Dunfermline coming out a few days before admin and coming out with 'we never have money but it always ends up being fine'.

I wouldn't be so dismissive of clubs financial woes Harry, I know some clubs heavily rely on 'bums on seats' and if they're not getting them then its an issue so I can understand why they want the cash NOW ! Its really poor that the SPFL have continued to link the cash to the contentious relegation issues, hopefully now the weekend is over there will be movement on this, even if its loans in the meantime. If not then clubs and their fans should be asking why.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I wouldn't be so dismissive of clubs financial woes Harry, I know some clubs heavily rely on 'bums on seats' and if they're not getting them then its an issue so I can understand why they want the cash NOW ! Its really poor that the SPFL have continued to link the cash to the contentious relegation issues, hopefully now the weekend is over there will be movement on this, even if its loans in the meantime. If not then clubs and their fans should be asking why.

True, it's funny how clubs in Scotland can sometimes be millions in debt and be ongoing then other times, a few thousand pounds is panic stations and causes the insolvency event. I am hopeful though that the money will somehow flow and we'll see it resolved, you'd be banging your head against the wall if this did actually lead to real damage.

I've got my own alternative theory....

Reading into the rule book, it is debatable that the SPFL possibly can easily submit the same resolution in short succession and then also, the votes can't be removed. Not firm either way but it's something that looks like you could fight with your own interpretation.

I wonder if this explains the silence from Dundee and the SPFL. If that is the case, Rangers lawyers would have likely come up with this on Friday during their sit down and it would have put the fear of god into SPFL, realising that even if we come to a consensus of some sort and a compromise on reconstruction etc, this resolution could be fought on the legal side and denied the end to the season as the basis for prize money to be paid out. In that case, they'd need to find a way to have someone to hold their vote and that's where Dundee would come in providing a window of opportunity to stall the resolution. Rangers would need to prove the vote was cast and if Dundee go blabbing to the press with anything that could contradict the account the SPFL are providing, it gives plenty of ammunition for someone to claim we technically voted etc and the resolution has failed.

I think if there was a genuine prospect of the vote causing issues like this that would prolong the circus and aid Rangers' fighting on an entirely different agenda to most clubs,  Nelms would see reason and try to work with the SPFL on it. I hope that's where we're heading anyway and that means we can work out a reasonable compromise and move away from all the sh*t talk about bribes etc.

• Like 1

Maybe we have got what we wanted out of it hence the change of heart.. f**ked if I know what's going on 😂

• Funny 1
  • Star Post 1
6 minutes ago, charliedee said:

Don't worry about it mate, nobody else does either but there's a hell of a lot of speculation going on. 😂

3 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Don't worry about it mate, nobody else does either but there's a hell of a lot of speculation going on. 😂

Could just be the pressure being ramped up another notch.. Like I said in other thread the pressure being put on us is a disgrace and sooner rather than later we'd crack.. 

• Like 1