Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

League Reconstruction

Boba Fett

League reconstruction poll  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How many teams?

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

She's co-head with Les Gray, not sure how that works right enough but its not a one woman band.

There is absolutely no chance of reconstruction, I’m sure Celtic , Rangers or Aberdeen must be shaking in their shoes with the might of Cove Rangers, Queens Park and Edinburgh City heading up the steering group .

In the meantime Anne Budge goes public about why the season should be finalised with fixtures played , not sure she’s going to get her 11- 1 vote that way .

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
13 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Got to disagree with that BC. I think that's what's being sold to us by those of an old firm persuasion. The product is currently stale and, imo, we need more competition to encourage a fresher product. If the product improves then so will the crowds. 

I thought the same as you and then I looked at the figures. Say £25m is their contribution in cash, per year. That's an average of almost £600k per team if it was spread over all 42 teams. When you add in the brands who pay to have their names on shirts etc it must be more. 

What surprises me is there seems to be a difference between the money given to the teams and the money actually paid by Sky. Maybe that's where we should be asking questions? How is the TV money divided up? There must be more than just the clubs being supported by Sky. Anyone know how the TV money is allocated to organisations other than the clubs?

2 minutes ago, BCram said:

I thought the same as you and then I looked at the figures. Say £25m is their contribution in cash, per year. That's an average of almost £600k per team if it was spread over all 42 teams. When you add in the brands who pay to have their names on shirts etc it must be more. 

What surprises me is there seems to be a difference between the money given to the teams and the money actually paid by Sky. Maybe that's where we should be asking questions? How is the TV money divided up? There must be more than just the clubs being supported by Sky. Anyone know how the TV money is allocated to organisations other than the clubs?

I think too many are caught up in the money side of things, they (the OF) are miles ahead of everyone else financially and teams are overstretching in an attempt to compete on the park. I'd cut them loose and tell clubs to cut their cloth accordingly, we'd maybe take time to adapt but I think we would eventually. Rangers and Celtic don't bring anything positive to the Scottish game for me.

• Star Post 3

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think too many are caught up in the money side of things, they (the OF) are miles ahead of everyone else financially and teams are overstretching in an attempt to compete on the park. I'd cut them loose and tell clubs to cut their cloth accordingly, we'd maybe take time to adapt but I think we would eventually. Rangers and Celtic don't bring anything positive to the Scottish game 

Nobody would have them . The OF believe that Sky & BT are only in Scotland because of them (there probably right judging every week its them on telly) so they believe they should have the biggest slice of the tv money . They need us but do we need them ? Could argue we would end up like League of Ireland or Wales. SPFL would never allow it but maybe we could trial it for a few seasons 😁

• Like 3

XFound a list of the prize money. SPL £20.52m, Championship £1762500, Div 1 £862500, Div 2 £497500 Total £236642500. Where's the BBC money for the live Championship games, and Alba, and the difference between £30m and the approx £24m paid to the clubs.from Sky.

Just interested!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve W said:

Nobody would have them . The OF believe that Sky & BT are only in Scotland because of them (there probably right judging every week its them on telly) so they believe they should have the biggest slice of the tv money . They need us but do we need them ? Could argue we would end up like League of Ireland or Wales. SPFL would never allow it but maybe we could trial it for a few seasons 😁

If it improved the product as a competition, then let's be like the League Of Ireland, or Wales. This fixation with TV money has had us running in ever decreasing circles for far too long.

Couldn't care less of our game was on TV and I'd be more interested in watching - and maybe even starting to go away from home again - a competition that wasn't basically rigged from the start.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 2

4 minutes ago, barkblue said:

If it improved the product as a competition, then let's be like the League Of Ireland, or Wales. This fixation with TV money has had us running in ever decreasing circles for far too long.

Couldn't care less of our game was on TV and I'd be more interested in watching - and maybe even starting to go away from home again - a competition that wasn't basically rigged from the start.

I'm all for it , I've been a believer that if we had a team challenging for cups and leagues we'd fill the ground every week . Problem is not everyone can say that . Teams like ICT , St J. & more Cant even get a good crowd when they do well . When they were 2nd in league years ago they were still getting poor crowds , then theres the Fermers renting out their ground to OF when they play them. Maybe theres to many teams in Scottish football . What about Arbroath Montrose Forfar & Brechin  , Angus United . No theres to many Uniteds in Scotish football already. 

Just now, Steve W said:

I'm all for it , I've been a believer that if we had a team challenging for cups and leagues we'd fill the ground every week . Problem is not everyone can say that . Teams like ICT , St J. & more Cant even get a good crowd when they do well . When they were 2nd in league years ago they were still getting poor crowds , then theres the Fermers renting out their ground to OF when they play them. Maybe theres to many teams in Scottish football . What about Arbroath Montrose Forfar & Brechin  , Angus United . No theres to many Uniteds in Scotish football already. 

But if we bin or merge teams where will the supporters of the original teams go? Not to see any newly formed team for sure.

Old firm fans think the Dundee teams should merge and we think that that the Angus clubs should merge and so on. In reality very, very few supporters would go and watch whatever new entity was formed from any of these mergers.

Where do we stop? Motherwell, Airdrie and Hamilton? Queens Park and Partick? 

It would kill the game stone dead up here outside of Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, barkblue said:

But if we bin or merge teams where will the supporters of the original teams go? Not to see any newly formed team for sure.

Old firm fans think the Dundee teams should merge and we think that that the Angus clubs should merge and so on. In reality very, very few supporters would go and watch whatever new entity was formed from any of these mergers.

Where do we stop? Motherwell, Airdrie and Hamilton? Queens Park and Partick? 

It would kill the game stone dead up here outside of Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

Had the conversation with a Norn Iron The Rangers fan (lived here for years) and he couldn't understand why the two Dundee teams didn't amalgamate. I pointed out that 'Glasgow United' (or City if you prefer 😁 ) would be a massive team, they couldbuild a new 100,000 seat stadium and they could dominate British never mind Scottish football.... For some reason he thought that wouldn't work. He got my point though. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Had the conversation with a Norn Iron The Rangers fan (lived here for years) and he couldn't understand why the two Dundee teams didn't amalgamate. I pointed out that 'Glasgow United' (or City if you prefer 😁 ) would be a massive team, they couldbuild a new 100,000 seat stadium and they could dominate British never mind Scottish football.... For some reason he thought that wouldn't work. He got my point 

I get the same from sheep lovers in Aberdeen. Must be a food chain kind of thing . Ok I'll leave the Angus Utd thing 😁 , let's get League reconstruction for the benefit of OUR team first then consider how others won't be hit too hard because at the end of the day who doesn't like visiting Arbroath Brechin Forfar & Montrose . Its unfortunate this whole thing came about in the first place , I cant wait for Football to start again . 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Had the conversation with a Norn Iron The Rangers fan (lived here for years) and he couldn't understand why the two Dundee teams didn't amalgamate. I pointed out that 'Glasgow United' (or City if you prefer 😁 ) would be a massive team, they couldbuild a new 100,000 seat stadium and they could dominate British never mind Scottish football.... For some reason he thought that wouldn't work. He got my point though. 

Had many similar conversations over the years. It always amazes me how many supporters of clubs don't understand that all supporters of all clubs feel just as strongly as they do about their clubs.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected