Phenomenal memories
That feeling at the final whistle
Fans hugging one another
Epic pitch invasion
Years of struggle ending in one incredible moment
Trophy presentation
Lap of honour
And a friggin helicopter flying overhead when the tension was at its peak

All part of the day we won the league and got promoted. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

So be grateful. Some teams get promoted and for the last few games of their season, they get booed off from their own fans. Some teams get promoted and get absolutely none of the above. Not even a trophy to lift.

Not even a Vera Lynn Derby.

So be grateful.

DTID

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Funny 1
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last match I got to attend with my Dad. He was riddled with the big C and really frail and not well by that time. I remember getting to his house that day to pick him up and he said he didn't feel wel

It fell apart when Bill Colvin left mate.   

What an unbelievable day. Stadium filled with home fans. Carnival atmosphere Last day of the season. Drama you just couldn't script Vital win to seal the title Unbearable tension Phen

Posted Images

Bitter sweet day that for me as I had to cancel my trip to Dens for personal reasons. I love seeing fellow Dees happy though so I still enjoyed it.

The one time I ran onto the park was in the early 90s I think and we lost to Montrose or Forfar but were still promoted. Nice feeling.

• Like 1
Just now, Alexis said:

The decision making since then has been disastrous. 

Let's hope Nelms got this one right 🙈

The decision making in 2014 was incredible. We brought in Stewart, KT, Bain, McGinn, Gowser and GGH. The best summer business ever. Things didn't fall apart until that summer when we binned GGH and Stewart and Hemmings walked away leaving us totally f**ked, relying on Vincent, Williams and El Bak to make an impact.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

All part of the day we won the league and got promoted. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.
So be grateful. Some teams get promoted and for the last few games of their season, they get booed off from their own fans. Some teams get promoted and get absolutely none of the above. Not even a trophy to lift.

Not even a Vera Lynn Derby.

So be grateful.

DTID

Yes but their 'victory' will be celebrated around the world where their fame stretches seemingly.

10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Bitter sweet day that for me as I had to cancel my trip to Dens for personal reasons. I love seeing fellow Dees happy though so I still enjoyed it.

The one time I ran onto the park was in the early 90s I think and we lost to Montrose or Forfar but were still promoted. Nice feeling.

Definitely Montrose Cobra. Was on the pitch as well. Ivo Den Bieman was playing for Montrose. Sure we beat Forfar 3-1 the home game before that and that game was on Sportscene. Eddie Gallagher scored a couple i think. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

The decision making in 2014 was incredible. We brought in Stewart, KT, Bain, McGinn, Gowser and GGH. The best summer business ever. Things didn't fall apart until that summer when we binned GGH and Stewart and Hemmings walked away leaving us totally f**ked, relying on Vincent, Williams and El Bak to make an impact.

• Like 8
11 hours ago, Tisinthepark. said:

I was in the shankly that day...........where are half these fans now 🙄

Exactly. I was in the queue for a ticket when it was announced that they were all gone. Didn't have a session then because of work etc.

I was on an oil rig in Nigeria that day, I was one happy man. Both my boys went and still speak of it to this day.

11 hours ago, Alexis said:

It certainly did.

One of my biggest regrets was missing this game. I was working in Dublin for a few days and didn't get the result until I was sitting in Dublin Airport on the Saturday afternoon waiting for my flight home. I can remember my feelings of nervousness opening up my iPad to get the result and the celebratory Guinness afterwards. Too bad the Dabs won't get the chance to experience that day!😎

5 hours ago, Densparker said:

Exactly. I was in the queue for a ticket when it was announced that they were all gone. Didn't have a session then because of work etc.

I was there