Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Remember This Moment?


Frank Grimes

Recommended Posts

 What an unbelievable day.

Stadium filled with home fans.
Carnival atmosphere
Last day of the season.
Drama you just couldn't script
Vital win to seal the title
Unbearable tension
Phenomenal memories
That feeling at the final whistle
Fans hugging one another
Epic pitch invasion
Years of struggle ending in one incredible moment
Trophy presentation
Lap of honour
And a friggin helicopter flying overhead when the tension was at its peak

All part of the day we won the league and got promoted. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

So be grateful. Some teams get promoted and for the last few games of their season, they get booed off from their own fans. Some teams get promoted and get absolutely none of the above. Not even a trophy to lift.

Not even a Vera Lynn Derby.

So be grateful.

DTID

  • Like 7
  • Funny 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Bitter sweet day that for me as I had to cancel my trip to Dens for personal reasons. I love seeing fellow Dees happy though so I still enjoyed it.

The one time I ran onto the park was in the early 90s I think and we lost to Montrose or Forfar but were still promoted. Nice feeling.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alexis said:

The decision making since then has been disastrous. 

Let's hope Nelms got this one right 🙈

The decision making in 2014 was incredible. We brought in Stewart, KT, Bain, McGinn, Gowser and GGH. The best summer business ever. Things didn't fall apart until that summer when we binned GGH and Stewart and Hemmings walked away leaving us totally f**ked, relying on Vincent, Williams and El Bak to make an impact.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

All part of the day we won the league and got promoted. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.
So be grateful. Some teams get promoted and for the last few games of their season, they get booed off from their own fans. Some teams get promoted and get absolutely none of the above. Not even a trophy to lift.

Not even a Vera Lynn Derby.

So be grateful.

DTID

Yes but their 'victory' will be celebrated around the world where their fame stretches seemingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Bitter sweet day that for me as I had to cancel my trip to Dens for personal reasons. I love seeing fellow Dees happy though so I still enjoyed it.

The one time I ran onto the park was in the early 90s I think and we lost to Montrose or Forfar but were still promoted. Nice feeling.

Definitely Montrose Cobra. Was on the pitch as well. Ivo Den Bieman was playing for Montrose. Sure we beat Forfar 3-1 the home game before that and that game was on Sportscene. Eddie Gallagher scored a couple i think. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

The decision making in 2014 was incredible. We brought in Stewart, KT, Bain, McGinn, Gowser and GGH. The best summer business ever. Things didn't fall apart until that summer when we binned GGH and Stewart and Hemmings walked away leaving us totally f**ked, relying on Vincent, Williams and El Bak to make an impact.

It fell apart when Bill Colvin left mate. 

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...