Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

New Statement 16 April From Dens

Double Blue

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

We don't know what a potential compo for the lack of play offs is, also as has been pointed out, we 'should' be the big fish in the league next year. Assuming reconstruction happens of course. The club's 'personal' hand wasn't that strong, there's zero appetite for a 16 team SPL, the games don't tally up so it would be a stretch to assume we could pull it off. A boy can dream of course.

It will never be made public re any compo, but I would assume that there will be something agreed.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

We have been pretty dire this season, we were not going to win the league and were large odds against to go up via the play offs. I get worked up about us losing games or playing consistently poorly but I really can’t get worked up about this. 
IMO it’s as @TheDarkBlues says - it’s a result after this season if we have no SPFL team or the Dabs battling for promotion next year. Cash wise it won’t be good but JN and TK will be clear on that point and must be ready to back us again. 

1 minute ago, bp33 said:

I must admit, I’m really starting to dislike a proportion of our support. Booing when 4-1 up against Dunfermline, and now the utter vitriol against the club and Nelms. I know I’ll get abuse for this,but it’s honestly the way I feel. You just have to look at this site and the Facebook ones to see that they are busier when we have a bad result, or something like this occurs.

Exactly what I was thinking today! I'll never forget being 4-1 up against the pars and some of our "fans" booing. It was disgusting. All I read on the Dundee Facebook page is negative comments about everything and anything but when Dundee win these "fans are nowhere to be seen. I don't care what anyone says I'll always give Dundee FC my full backing and support them off and on the pitch. I know it will be ages until it happens but I can't wait for the football to start again and hopefully we have a very successful season in the championship and go up as champions. 

8 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Exactly what I was thinking today! I'll never forget being 4-1 up against the pars and some of our "fans" booing. It was disgusting. All I read on the Dundee Facebook page is negative comments about everything and anything but when Dundee win these "fans are nowhere to be seen. I don't care what anyone says I'll always give Dundee FC my full backing and support them off and on the pitch. I know it will be ages until it happens but I can't wait for the football to start again and hopefully we have a very successful season in the championship and go up as champions. 

You just have to shut it out and avoid Facebook! All clubs are the same, some folk like to vent others have heavily tinted glasses- the Dabs last number of home games saw them get roundly hounded. There chairman’s press release  to celebrate promotion even referenced it!!! 
Liverpool were booed when they were drawing at home after over a year unbeaten. 
DDYB 

8 minutes ago, bp33 said:

I must admit, I’m really starting to dislike a proportion of our support. Booing when 4-1 up against Dunfermline, and now the utter vitriol against the club and Nelms. I know I’ll get abuse for this,but it’s honestly the way I feel. You just have to look at this site and the Facebook ones to see that they are busier when we have a bad result, or something like this occurs.

Cant automatically put them two in the same category bud. I started a post on here after the dunfermline game because I was disgusted at the boos against dunfermline.However in my opinion we have made a complete a*rse of this.

Even puttin playoffs,compo to the side(which i I doubt we will get anyway)We have managed to look like the biggest joke in Scottish football even tho most of the country voted the same .Some will say they dont care about what other fans think of the club,but theres a serious possibility of teams boycotting dens & I can also see teams struggling to trust us after the way we have went against our word to caley & partick.

2 minutes ago, teddydfc62 said:

Cant automatically put them two in the same category bud. I started a post on here after the dunfermline game because I was disgusted at the boos against dunfermline.However in my opinion we have made a complete a*rse of this.

Even puttin playoffs,compo to the side(which i I doubt we will get anyway)We have managed to look like the biggest joke in Scottish football even tho most of the country voted the same .Some will say they dont care about what other fans think of the club,but theres a serious possibility of teams boycotting dens & I can also see teams struggling to trust us after the way we have went against our word to caley & partick.

Why would anyone boycott us and not, for example, Ayr United? We both voted for exactly the same thing as did 85% of the rest of the teams. 

Something worth thinking about in these times of financial crisis.  Would the Yanks have invested so much time and energy into all this plus risked the abuse and ridicule coming their way if they weren't in this for the long haul ? Pretty important to have wealthy owners willing to stick by you at a time like this I would have thought, that's the main positive for me .

Adblock Detected