Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

New Statement 16 April From Dens

Double Blue

33 minutes ago, Malbec said:

See now, if that we’re even remotely close to the truth, how come all these clubs haven’t made statements today slating DFC and Nelms and our flip-flopping? After all, many were publicly quick to do so on Friday without understanding exactly what had happened.

Two other club statements have been made today and neither Hearts nor Patrick point the finger at DFC, instead choosing more dignified approaches to address their own fans on the back of previous, more incredulous, statements.

I wonder why?

Think you’re wrong there Anne Budge’s quote on Dundee’s vote was ‘ dissalusioned and very disappointed ‘

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Nelms/Dundee's biggest mistake in all of this was to Whats App the initial No Vote to Gardiner and other No voters, this allowed Gardiner to make it public. Without the Whats App picture it would have all been conjecture and "Nelms taking his time to decide what was the best deal for DFC"  and the fans (myself included) would be far more supportive of the decision.

I do find it strange that Dundee FC and Gardiner would be in cahoots, there must have been an interesting phone call between Nelms and Gardiner after Gardiner leaked the photo, he's a character that can be trusted even less than Nelms but we already knew that.

Let's see what happens when Budge has them down for tea and biscuits at Tynecastle.

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

There's a much longer answer to this but in a nutshell...

John Nelms has gone absolutely through the ringer in the past week for the good of scottish football and our club. He's taken an enormous amount of stick from people desperate for answers when none were ready but stood firm because it was the right thing to do.

All of this was when there wasnt a great deal that could really be won for dundee. In the grand scheme of all scottish football, we weren't really due anything. Yes we missed out on a play off shot that we had a tiny chance of winning but of all the teams in Scottish football facing this horrific situation, we've absolutely no right to say we've been 'shafted'. That is the viewpoint of deluded, cynical and self entitled supporters. Try telling Partick fans Dundee were shafted. John Nelms tried harder for Partick that most.

But he kept going and took the hits because he wasnt happy with the outcome on the table and he took all the critisicism, lies and accusations that came with it including watching Rangers fans track down his teenage son on social media. 

Regarding league reconstruction, i have no idea if itll happen. But id guess that none of the 42 chairmen in the country pushed harder for it than John Nelms. As far as Dundee are concerned, pushing for a solid conversation on LR is the ABSOLUTE best we could've hoped for. Anyone who thinks we could've got play offs played, United kept down, champions league place offered to us, a scottish cup given to us or whatever it is folk are annoyed at him for not getting, are away. With. The. Fairies.

Nelms gave everything and got the best outcome he could. Hes not a perfect chairman. Hes made mistakes and has deserved criticism in the past but hes showed genuine honour and integrity in the past week.

If you want to know why i think we've seen the worst of our fans this week, look at how some have responded to all that. If you want me to pick out certain quotes, ill need some more time. 

This!!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alexis said:

Ok. What else could Nelms actually say here? That he's secured reconstruction? No, that's bribery. But he can say he's secured discussion on reconstruction.

There's enough information in that statement if you look. It states the only thing that benefits Dundee Football Club is reconstruction. So do we really believe Nelms has just left that in the hands of a group to talk about? No. 

Does a 14 team league benefit us? No. But the SPFL have already put the season back until August and this will very likely get pushed back even further. Possibly even to October/November given some of the medical advice today. 

Can a 14 team league season be completed under those circumstances? Unlikely. But a 16 league has enough flexible fixture space so as to incorporate a later start. 

Does a 16 team league benefit us? Yes. 

Does a 16-16-12 set up benefit most clubs? Yes. Nearly all of them. 

Sometimes you just can't go public. This is one of those times. We need to trust Nelms here because a lot has gone on that we don't know about. There's also an awful lot to go before there's any football again. Nelms is playing the long game here. Not surprising given the Keyes family business is based on that strategy. 

Would John Nelms not have got the same discussion on reconstruction if he had stuck to the original plan and said No ?

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

John Nelms has gone absolutely through the ringer in the past week for the good of scottish football and our club. He's taken an enormous amount of stick from people desperate for answers when none were ready but stood firm because it was the right thing to do.

All of this was when there wasnt a great deal that could really be won for dundee. In the grand scheme of all scottish football, we weren't really due anything. Yes we missed out on a play off shot that we had a tiny chance of winning but of all the teams in Scottish football facing this horrific situation, we've absolutely no right to say we've been 'shafted'. That is the viewpoint of deluded, cynical and self entitled supporters. Try telling Partick fans Dundee were shafted. John Nelms tried harder for Partick that most.

But he kept going and took the hits because he wasnt happy with the outcome on the table and he took all the critisicism, lies and accusations that came with it including watching Rangers fans track down his teenage son on social media. 

Regarding league reconstruction, i have no idea if itll happen. But id guess that none of the 42 chairmen in the country pushed harder for it than John Nelms. As far as Dundee are concerned, pushing for a solid conversation on LR is the ABSOLUTE best we could've hoped for. Anyone who thinks we could've got play offs played, United kept down, champions league place offered to us, a scottish cup given to us or whatever it is folk are annoyed at him for not getting, are away. With. The. Fairies.

Nelms gave everything and got the best outcome he could. Hes not a perfect chairman. Hes made mistakes and has deserved criticism in the past but hes showed genuine honour and integrity in the past week.

If you want to know why i think we've seen the worst of our fans this week, look at how some have responded to all that. If you want me to pick out certain quotes, ill need some more time. 

I would like to know what JN has done for DFC in this situation it’s all fine and well saying he has done this and that for other teams but my concern is for my team.

Very few teams bothered about us getting 25 points deducted they didn’t care if we went to the wall so give me a good reason why we should care about them.

• Like 1

I suppose a lot of this depends on how you view things

A) Good guy Nelms was doing his best for the diddy clubs (Dundee included) because he wants to help every team survive and he's hoping Dundee start next season whenever that may be in a better position than we started this season.

B ) As a DFC employee Nelms should only have Dundee's interests at heart, he bluffed with his withdrawn No Vote and he should have played hardball for another 22 days to see what else was going to be offered to win our vote.

8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

All of this was when there wasnt a great deal that could really be won for dundee. In the grand scheme of all scottish football, we weren't really due anything. Yes we missed out on a play off shot that we had a tiny chance of winning but of all the teams in Scottish football facing this horrific situation, we've absolutely no right to say we've been 'shafted'. That is the viewpoint of deluded, cynical and self entitled supporters. Try telling Partick fans Dundee were shafted. John Nelms tried harder for Partick than most btw.

Sorry Frank , any flak John Nelms has had this week has been brought on totally by himself .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

By holding the SPFL to ransom he changed it from being dictatorial by the SPFL to a negotiation. While you glibly say that the clubs could have got money, maybe but that wasn't what was happening and some of the clubs were sweating on cash and the SPFL knew it and were happy to use it to their advantage. While I wish it wasn't Dundee, I'm glad a club was able to turn it around and for the sake of less than a week push through measures that could lead to saving the likes of Thistle from relegation by reconstruction. At the very lest we've tried to make things better for all clubs, if it doesn't come to pass then it will because SPL clubs have binned it.

If he had said no there would have been other alternatives to explore as well , just think he’s been got at and incredibly naive on the mechanics of Scottish Football 

28 minutes ago, Valentke said:

It’s a much bigger problem than our vote. 46k ain’t going to save Raith Rovers if the season is put back to the autumn....if clubs were relying on today’s payments to save them then sadly they won’t last long past August 1st if the season hasn’t started. 

Totally agree, but unfortunately we can’t do anything about that. We’ve at least made sure that all teams get their payments for this season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

I suppose a lot of this depends on how you view things

A) Good guy Nelms was doing his best for the diddy clubs (Dundee included) because he wants to help every team survive and he's hoping Dundee start next season whenever that may be in a better position than we started this season.

B ) As a DFC employee Nelms should only have Dundee's interests at heart, he bluffed with his withdrawn No Vote and he should have played hardball for another 22 days to see what else was going to be offered to win our vote.

I'm in the A camp at the moment, achieving what's best for us was  key of course but  helping other clubs and looking to improve Scottish football over all is an added bonus.

Time will tell, we'll need to see happens. I think in 22 days time we will have a better idea one way or another.

• Like 5

Adblock Detected