The Dark Blues

Championship Season 20/21

Rate this topic

• Administrator

So it finally looks like season 19/20 has ended and we will still be a championship side (No play-offs extra) regardless of what other choices will be made by the SPFL etc.

Thoughts?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im not so sure bar losing the DAbs cash. A ten team league will be very competitive,  if Falkirk, Partick, Raith or Dunf are in the running they will bring more than half of the SPFL Teams ever b

They won’t boycott Dens - they’d be shooting  themselves in the foot for one and if Partick and Falkirk are in our league they may well have JN to thank. Meanwhile the Raith chairman will be licking J

Our crowds will drop again,virtually no away supports,no atmosphere, I cant wait. Sorry to sound pissed off but I am.

A season to forget, not many things to get excited about and can't say I'm overly confident for next season. 

On a more positive note Mcpake got some experience and maybe learned a thing or two for next season.

• Like 1

I think we are where we would have ended up if the season ended anyway but we will never know. I would have loved to have seen how Berra’s influence would have seen our’s, and more importantly, McPake's, confidence grow and us challenge for second place.

Really disappointed with how the vote fiasco ended though. Nothing to do with the final decision and, unlike others, I couldn’t give a rats a**e about the dabs (they had done enough imho - sporting integrity works the others way too) it’s once again the incompetent way we appear to have handled things - missing vote, No, Yes, No, Yes, with nothing more than a shallow promise to discuss a fantasy reconstruction -ffs Nelms, make a f**kin decision and stick to it from now on please (unless it’s billy Dodds!) 

Next season, whenever it starts, will be a challenge but hopefully we will be in a better shape to push Hearts than we did against the Dabs this season. I think 20/21 will be an entertaining season. I’m looking forward to it. 

9 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

Our crowds will drop again,virtually no away supports,no atmosphere, I cant wait. Sorry to sound pissed off but I am.

Im not so sure bar losing the DAbs cash.

A ten team league will be very competitive,  if Falkirk, Partick, Raith or Dunf are in the running they will bring more than half of the SPFL Teams ever brought to Dens. What we need is the Dees up top and people will come. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Valentke said:

Im not so sure bar losing the DAbs cash.

A ten team league will be very competitive,  if Falkirk, Partick, Raith or Dunf are in the running they will bring more than half of the SPFL Teams ever brought to Dens. What we need is the Dees up top and people will come. 

No mention of hearts or like me you think they will stay up,also these teams may boycott dens,sad times 

10 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

No mention of hearts or like me you think they will stay up,also these teams may boycott dens,sad times 

They won’t boycott Dens - they’d be shooting  themselves in the foot for one and if Partick and Falkirk are in our league they may well have JN to thank. Meanwhile the Raith chairman will be licking JNs behind to ensure our 1500-2000 turn up at Starks Park. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

Were there any other options? I certainly didn't see anything else happening.

• Like 2

Another season in the second tier, expensive ST and PATG prices, financial losses similar to this season, a couple of statements on Campy, Berra and Dorrans leave for SPL teams (Berra to United to replace Reynolds)

We will bring in the young lad Dembele and Jack Hendry from Celtic, CW33 from Hearts, we'll be near the top of the league for most of the season and hopefully pull clear and win the league. Nelms, McPake and Kerr will lead the celebrations in the city square and all will be forgiven.

2 hours ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

That's true but we could boost home crowds by a fair bit by carrying on where we left off before the world was put on hold. If we are winning games regularly and playing decent football our sleeping fans will respond.

I would rather see us run away with a league full of teams with poor away crowds than play 2nd (or worse) fiddle to Hearts or United again.

• Like 2

Think we'll be an improved team next season. McPake and the team were really starting to find their rhythm before the season's cancellation. Reinforcing the solid defense (since Berra will sadly be most likely departing for good) and giving the attack another option (I feel Simon Murray will be returning), and I think we'll have the makings of a really good team next season with players like Marshall back to full health.

If reconstruction goes through for next season, we really have no excuse to not win the league. Our biggest title rivals on paper/by name would be Dunfermline, Ayr Utd and two teams either avoiding or coming up from the seaside leagues - Partick Thistle, Raith and Falkirk. Wouldn't be a particularly inspiring set of fixtures, but would be our best bet.

If it doesn't however (which I am increasingly believing will be the case), then it'll be significantly tougher, as we go up against a Hearts team looking sprint their way back up, and baying for our blood (even though it was their sh**e season that got them to where they are), and those b*****ds in Inverness who are hopefully so skint by next season that John Robertson will finally be unable to turn sh*t into gold and will sag in performance. We are usually able to get at least one result against Hearts every season we play against them, so we'll really need to turn that momentum up, as that could be one of the deciding factors in the league.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't more excited about this potential situation over the easier league, largely due to the belief that these Hearts games will feel like derby matches in their electric atmosphere, due to the hatred that is filling them right now for being sh**e and definitely deserving relegation. I feel like Ann Budge will f**k things up once again on the reconstruction resolution, and it'll be shot down. Time will have to tell if I'm right or wrong on that one.

Can't wait for this shitty virus to be defeated and we can get back to moaning about the team on the pitch, not the politics happening off of it. Mon the Dee.

• Like 1