Sean Byrne

Finn Robertson

Josh Mulligan

Graham Dorrans

Jamie Ness

Declan Mcdaid

Kane Hemmings

Andy Nelson

I'd love to see Berra re-sign but I don't think he will. Hazard, Christie, Callahan, Gowser I'd re-sign too if possible. Crankshaw a maybe.

Meekings I'm undecided about as alongside Berra he looked solid. Without Berra I'm not so sure.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hearts have money problems might be a good time to take Berra off there wage bill, just to help Hearts out 😀

I just want my DFC back 

Saw Meekings in the supermarket queue last week, he looks as lean as I've ever saw him in his time at Dens. I personally think he'd bulked up too much and that was causing him problems in terms of his

Why not see what Berra wants? O'Dea played an important role for the club and I would hope that Berra might like another season with us.

14 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Jack Hamilton

Calum ferrie

Cammy Kerr

Jordan Marshall

Jordon Forster

Jordan McGhee

Sam fisher

Kyle Fleming

Sean Byrne

Finn Robertson

Josh Mulligan

Graham Dorrans

Jamie Ness

Declan Mcdaid

Kane Hemmings

Andy Nelson

I'd love to see Berra re-sign but I don't think he will. Hazard, Christie, Callahan, Gowser I'd re-sign too if possible. Crankshaw a maybe.

Meekings I'm undecided about as alongside Berra he looked solid. Without Berra I'm not so sure.

Ness - if fit.

It'd be interesting to know if McPake has any back-up plans for a 16 team league - there's so many variables now with when the league would start and the money will come in. We could even be playing in a very different top or second tier that changes how we strategise our squad.

Gowser and Meekings have been tremendous recently, the latter has especially impressed me the most given how he looked at the beginning of the season (Berra and Hazard have made a huge impact but I don't think they have done it alone). Ness I'd probably be looking to move on regardless, he's just too much of a sick note and although he has had a couple of decent games, I don't see him offering something hugely different or special. Elliot would be worth another year, Field/Crankshaw I've not seen enough of and don't know what resources they take. Callachan is questionable with his injury (he may not be worth waiting for if it turns out to be another few months before he's ready to play and another period before he's properly match fit) but I'd be happy for the club to take a look.

Hamilton would be welcome to go, I think a fresh start somewhere would do him good but most likely he sticks around for another season. If we did go up though - I'd probably add Gowser, Meekings, Forster, Nelson (loan) and maybe Cammy to a rather brutal cull in a similar style to Hartley when he took us up. Top flight football is just physically much more brutal and although our form did improve towards the end of the season, I didn't see enough to suggest we would compete up a level consistently. Even guys like McGhee and Marshall who have had decent seasons have not been completely impervious in and realistically, it's going to be a step up for them and maybe take a bit of time.

Coming in, I think Gogic, Oakley and Dom Thomas would all add a fair bit to our squad if they were obtainable - all out of contract this summer. Past that, I'd be looking at pulling out some Dolly Menga type wildcards out of nowhere, we've been burnt a bit recently with overseas recruitment but providing we do it right, there's quality there that is good enough for our top two leagues.

4 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

Think JMcP will want to move some of this list on - needs to improve on this season 

I think the opposite. McPake has said continually that making wholesale changes every window has to stop. I think he'll try and keep the squad intact and make a real top effort to keep Berra and Meekings. Gowser should be easy enough to deal with and probably Callaghan & Christie too. Doubts will remain about the future of Andy Nelson, especially if the rumours of CW33 & Si Murray are true. The keeper situation will probably see another keeper coming in and maybe another winger too and I think that'll be about it bar maybe Fin who could be a transfer target for bigger clubs.

All Championship dependent though.

20 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think the opposite. McPake has said continually that making wholesale changes every window has to stop. I think he'll try and keep the squad intact and make a real top effort to keep Berra and Meekings. Gowser should be easy enough to deal with and probably Callaghan & Christie too. Doubts will remain about the future of Andy Nelson, especially if the rumours of CC33 & Si Murray are true. The keeper situation will probably see another keeper coming in and maybe another winger too and I think that'll be about it bar maybe Fin who could be a transfer target for bigger clubs.

Meekings will go imo to injury prone. If he can move him on Ness will go to along with nelson 

keeper will also be a target 

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think the opposite. McPake has said continually that making wholesale changes every window has to stop. I think he'll try and keep the squad intact and make a real top effort to keep Berra and Meekings. Gowser should be easy enough to deal with and probably Callaghan & Christie too. Doubts will remain about the future of Andy Nelson, especially if the rumours of CC33 & Si Murray are true. The keeper situation will probably see another keeper coming in and maybe another winger too and I think that'll be about it bar maybe Fin who could be a transfer target for bigger clubs.

CC33?? Is the bird coming back? 😲

I ken who you meant Rev 😉

• Funny 1
2 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

Meekings will go imo to injury prone. If he can move him on Ness will go to along with nelson 

keeper will also be a target 

Saw Meekings in the supermarket queue last week, he looks as lean as I've ever saw him in his time at Dens. I personally think he'd bulked up too much and that was causing him problems in terms of his mobility. The slimmed down Meekings that played in our last run of games looked an asset.

• Like 2

Hearts have money problems might be a good time to take Berra off there wage bill, just to help Hearts out 😀

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Paul Watson just been released from across the road, I really think he's be worth a one year deal, a solid no nonsense central defender proven at this level.

• Like 2