The Dark Blues
Wattie Rojas

Realistically When Will We Get Live Football At Dens?

Rate this topic

Obviously we can't see into the future but I wonder if the season will be delayed. 

I think it could be October before we can get to Dens again. Just a guess.

6 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Obviously we can't see into the future but I wonder if the season will be delayed. 

I think it could be October before we can get to Dens again. Just a guess.

I'll hedge my bets and say sometime in 2021.

Early autumn, reduced capacity and all games streamed live on pay per view. 

Club branded hazmat suits. 

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Early autumn, reduced capacity and all games streamed live on pay per view. 

Season ticket holders only spread over 4 stands.

Its a good question Wattie, I can't see football being at the top of the list for places to reopen. There will be a lot of people in a confined space and that's assuming social distancing has been relaxed for the players. Its going to be difficult for both clubs and players trying to build a squad, teams aren't going to want to pay for any longer than they need to. Even for clubs with insurance, it might not cover future employees (guess). Can't be easy for all involved.

To answer your question, I'll go late Octoberish depending on how ballsy the reconstruction committee are, this could lead to a 16 team SPL but I doubt it.

• Like 1

Not until there is a reliable and widely available vaccine. End of the 2020 at best but more likely this time next year,  I think.

I can see sporting events with crowds and gigs being the last thing to resume, unfortunately. 

I think the majority of season 20/21 will be played behind closed doors.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Keeping my hopes up for later summer/early autumn, so long as people are actually smart about their social distancing prior.

57 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Not until there is a reliable and widely available vaccine. End of the 2020 at best but more likely this time next year,  I think.

I can see sporting events with crowds and gigs being the last thing to resume, unfortunately. 

I think the majority of season 20/21 will be played behind closed doors.

As depressing as it is this is my thinking too, don't see any football getting played in front of fans at Dens this year if i had to take a guess.

Social distancing will be in place at least in some form until either there's a reliable and widely available vaccine  or antibody testing backed up by science/research.

• Like 1

This last month got me thinking how much I miss the simple things in life  I take for granted. I would take a Dundee team playing S***e than no football at  all . I have my doubts if we will be able to attend a match by the end of the year, closed door matches will come 1st. I hope I'm wrong . If that is the case the cash freed up wont stretch too far for some clubs , there could be some teams struggling to survive . 🤞

• Like 1

Maybe pay per view will be the immediate future? Sorry, not got a clue about when we will get back to actually turning up at Dens.

• Like 1

I can see games starting to get played in time for the start of next season but in empty stadiums.  We'll probably see a gradual loosening i.e. limited numbers and gradually increasing until back to normal early 2021.  

January 2021

12 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Not until there is a reliable and widely available vaccine.

Most common assessment of that date last month was March next year. Football grounds not perfect for continuing any sort of relaxed social distancing. Lots more turmoil ahead I reckon, unfortunately.

• Like 1

I did read somewhere that crowded football stadiums themselves were not the major risk but the fans squeezing into the pubs and clubs before and after the games. As for going to live games again then it's probably September at the very earliest and mid 2021 at worst. 

• Like 1