Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Realistically When Will We Get Live Football At Dens?

Wattie Rojas

15 minutes ago, BigG said:

Bigger professional clubs In Scotland are certainly not in Freeze mode. The Furloughed system only contributes £2500 towards a monthly wage, although this is above the average wage to the working man and women, in terms of professional players and some staff this will drop way below the monthly wage. Therefore the clubs will need to bridge the gap in monthly wages, this will be tens of thousands for SPL clubs and some championship clubs. 

Aberdeen chairman was on the radio saying they are “ burning £1 million per month” during this no football period.

Clubs and players are going to have renegotiate wages. A settlement will be reached on that before clubs go to the wall. 

Clubs are also not obliged to pay wages at the moment I understand

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
9 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

According to Paul McGowan there is a clause in players contracts in Scotland that the clubs don’t have pay wages in these circumstances. Most clubs are not doing this at the moment thankfully but if it comes to a choice between not paying the players or closing a club down for good only one thing is going to happen. Very harsh but just the reality of this. 

If a club literally has no money to pay creditors what is going to happen if there isn’t a creditor willing or able to do anything about it? Cashflow only becomes a severe problem when you are trading or a creditor is going to put you into liquidation. Clubs aren’t trading right now and as I say I can’t think of any creditor that is seriously going to force a liquidation in the near future. 

When things get back to normal clubs are going to need to reduce their budget to live within their means. As long as they do they won’t go bust long term. 

I wonder if this will have a knock on impact on player wages in the short to medium term. Maybe not in England, Spain etc but maybe Scotland.

I see Sturgeon is saying because of Covid it's time for Universal Basic Income. The idea is everyone gets handed £5k annually. Could be good for football clubs if everyone has a bit more disposable income to attend games.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I wonder if this will have a knock on impact on player wages in the short to medium term. Maybe not in England, Spain etc but maybe Scotland.

I think it is bound. More so than any other season I think budgets will be set almost purely on season ticket sales. Its going to be pretty uncertain how many fans are going to be able to afford football after all this so estimating PATG income will be more difficult. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

I think it is bound. More so than any other season I think budgets will be set almost purely on season ticket sales. Its going to be pretty uncertain how many fans are going to be able to afford football after all this so estimating PATG income will be more difficult. 

Sponsorship deals will be hit too unless we have all games on tv?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

I see Sturgeon is saying because of Covid it's time for Universal Basic Income. The idea is everyone gets handed £5k annually. Could be good for football clubs if everyone has a bit more disposable income to attend games.

From a purely selfish point of view I'd be keen on a Universal Basic Income but I've seen some stuff that makes me think twice about how it would work across the UK. I've not seen her proposals but as I understand it then there's no more Unemployment or other benefits, I'm not sure our society is mature enough for that.

14 hours ago, chomp my root said:

From a purely selfish point of view I'd be keen on a Universal Basic Income but I've seen some stuff that makes me think twice about how it would work across the UK. I've not seen her proposals but as I understand it then there's no more Unemployment or other benefits, I'm not sure our society is mature enough for that.

I share some of your concerns mate, and I'm in favour of UBI as a principle but I think the msot vulnerable in our society might not be responsible enough to have money deposited in their account and be trusted to use it wisely, that's not me being harsh or anything but if you're an addict and you get a deposit of say £500, then you're going to spend it on drugs/drink/gambling/whatever you're addicted to. Needs to be thought out properly to see how we can provide a basic income for everyone but still protect those who need it. Worthy of discussion I think, maybe not in here though! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, an-dee said:

I share some of your concerns mate, and I'm in favour of UBI as a principle but I think the msot vulnerable in our society might not be responsible enough to have money deposited in their account and be trusted to use it wisely, that's not me being harsh or anything but if you're an addict and you get a deposit of say £500, then you're going to spend it on drugs/drink/gambling/whatever you're addicted to. Needs to be thought out properly to see how we can provide a basic income for everyone but still protect those who need it. Worthy of discussion I think, maybe not in here though! 

I'll see you in the politics club mate. 👍

• Like 1

Interesting comment below from the Washington Post. Makes you realise that there probably won't be a covid vaccine in the next couple of years so the government is probably going to have to green light fans packing grounds before a vaccine is found if clubs are going to survive and football is going to continue at our level.

"The biopharmaceutical industry has been working on developing a vaccine for HIV for almost 40 years without success. The same is true for hepatitis C. We still don’t have a cure for the common cold — some colds are caused by a coronavirus. In fact, we have never developed a vaccine for a coronavirus. And it took almost five years to produce a vaccine for Ebola — the fastest a vaccine has ever been developed for a dangerous new virus. To meet Trump’s stated goal, we would have to more than quintuple that record."

Adblock Detected