The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Wattie Rojas

Realistically When Will We Get Live Football At Dens?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I just think the UK's diabolical response to the coronavirus might have something to do with ministers for the Cabinet being selected because they are Brexit hardliners rather than because they are the best politicians.

Surely this should be in the politics forum. Any counter argument to your logic would lead this down a political argument.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

(while decimating the oldies)

Easy Freend ...

When eh read that comment, eh didnae ken whether tae fa' aff meh computer chair, or jist go straight intae an instant coma :excited:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

When scientists voice doubts about having crowds at football matches does anyone else think they're talking about teams who're getting 30-70,000 at their games? 

It's a novel disease and August is a long way away. Much can change. It may be that we can get a reduced attendance of say 4000 initially.

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

When scientists voice doubts about having crowds at football matches does anyone else think they're talking about teams who're getting 30-70,000 at their games? 

It's a novel disease and August is a long way away. Much can change. It may be that we can get a reduced attendance of say 4000 initially.

With 4000 stewards to ensure the social distancing ?

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

One day all scientists, like all economists, will come to an agreement but in the meantime...

If crowds are re-admitted I would expect 2 seats between each attendant in a row, but no-one directly in front of or behind that person. Even then would someone say in the row behind but 1 seat to the left or right of the person in front be 2m away? How would that impact on capacity in say the Bobby Cox, and how would they control access to the toilets? 

Unfortunately I cannot see the seasons starting in early August. If Celtic have say 40,000 season tickets and Hibs already at 7,000 would the authorities let everyone in even though they could not social distance? Until social distancing ends it will be difficult for the game to re-commence with crowds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Double Blue said:

Unfortunately I cannot see the seasons starting in early August. If Celtic have say 40,000 season tickets and Hibs already at 7,000 would the authorities let everyone in even though they could not social distance? Until social distancing ends it will be difficult for the game to re-commence with crowds.

Yep and the decision is with ScotGov + SPL/SPFL

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Seems an offay waste of a perfectly good sex doll. 😮

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I keep voicing this, and don't think I've read a serious option, but I just don't understand how we can put 4000 people into one structure (even split across four sides) and get them in, out and let them move about (hokey cokey anyone?) during the match. 

If, and I appreciate it is an if, social distancing remains the official advice, I see no way of this happening. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, barkblue said:

I keep voicing this, and don't think I've read a serious option, but I just don't understand how we can put 4000 people into one structure (even split across four sides) and get them in, out and let them move about (hokey cokey anyone?) during the match. 

If, and I appreciate it is an if, social distancing remains the official advice, I see no way of this happening. 

It's going to be the same in many social situations, including cinemas etc etc.  Whilst few governments will openly admit it, we really need a vaccine as these social distancing measures etc are weak and not likely to stand the test of time.  

• Star Post 1

14 hours ago, barkblue said:

Even with only using every 2nd row and having 2 seats in between attendees (reducing crowds to less than 2,000 at Dens and 10,000 at Parkhead for example) there would still be the problem of people getting to and leaving their seats whilst social distancing from others already seated. We need a vaccine asap.

• Like 1

If it's 2,000 then I guess it would be season ticket holders taking turns to go. 

The rest could watch on deetv.

Could they install perspex every few rows to maximize safety/attendance or would it hinder view/be too costly?

36 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

If it's 2,000 then I guess it would be season ticket holders taking turns to go. 

And no away fans. Great atmosphere guaranteed 😊

2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Almost like this season !?😂

• Funny 1